Help with Atmos speakers in concrete ceiling

Congrats on getting the speakers....

Did you say you want to hang a 10 kg chandelier? Then only you will get the right screws.....refer to svs manual for gauge of the screws required....

Congrats on getting the speakers....

Did you say you want to hang a 10 kg chandelier? Then only you will get the right screws.....refer to svs manual for gauge of the screws required....
Ty :) I just asked for heavy speakers. Will ask next time.

joined this discussion very late. Hope the costly SVS gives you good experience for your atmos effect. To just add, I use 2 pair of JBL control 1 mounted on ceiling. It comes with mount options and also has an additional dependable chain which will hold up the speaker from falling (just in case the screw fails)

I find it cheaper, effective & secure.

joined this discussion very late. Hope the costly SVS gives you good experience for your atmos effect. To just add, I use 2 pair of JBL control 1 mounted on ceiling. It comes with mount options and also has an additional dependable chain which will hold up the speaker from falling (just in case the screw fails)

I find it cheaper, effective & secure.
How much did they cost you? I got the svs from us and it costed me 22k which I find justified for their performance. I am yet to install them.

@Murlidher: ^^ Thats a very timely post for me. I am looking to get some Atmos (concrete) ceiling speakers for myself and had shortlisted the MIssion M-cube and the Sonus 3450.

Just wanted to check your experience with Atmos on the JBL ? Are they good and how much did you get it for?

@Murlidher: ^^ Thats a very timely post for me. I am looking to get some Atmos (concrete) ceiling speakers for myself and had shortlisted the MIssion M-cube and the Sonus 3450.

Just wanted to check your experience with Atmos on the JBL ? Are they good and how much did you get it for?
I have auditioned the jbl control one x and they are decent for Atmos. Max HT chennai has them set up for Atmos demo

^^ Those are the Control X .. Which are outdoor speakers.. they are usually not that great for Home Cinema use. Control One are indoor speakers.. more tuned towards Home audio applications..

^^ Those are the Control X .. Which are outdoor speakers.. they are usually not that great for Home Cinema use. Control One are indoor speakers.. more tuned towards Home audio applications..
I mentioned that I have auditioned the control one x only for Atmos

You can buy good bookshelf speakers preferably front firing and make the mount for ceiling. IMO Sonodyne sonus would be a good choice

^^ Actually.. I did search a lot for BS .. they are VERY limited options in the <25-30K per pair range that can be ceiling mounted using an external accessory or mount.

Ofcourse, there are multiple options if you go the Satellite speaker route , KEF Egg, Klpish Quintet etc , but not that many BS.

Alrighty!

But keep monitoring it once a week or fortnight ...to check if it is giving way slowly or not!

This means taking a ladder or high stool to climb up when fan is off and checking!

Congratulations.....what screws did you use? (Gauge / Thickness)
This is the screw I am using. Wall plugs I don’t have extra to take pic. Length is 1.8 inches. Holds the 3.2 kg easily.

Attachments

• F5581BAE-B2EE-49AD-A4B5-60E81ACE0291.jpeg
    F5581BAE-B2EE-49AD-A4B5-60E81ACE0291.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 0D26D9EE-66AE-4822-8371-9170172D8283.jpeg
    0D26D9EE-66AE-4822-8371-9170172D8283.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 76
As long as the screws are Stainless Steel (SS) nothing to fear........If longer screws available and possible....better

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back