Help with Atmos speakers in concrete ceiling

What's your take between height speakers & on-ceiling speakers for Atmos? Seems to me that there is a much wider choice when you are working with heights as almost all bookshelves can be hung that way.

@Love4sound : I auditioned Polk OWM5 , absolute crap...avoid. How much is the Dali Altecco? I heard the Dali Fazon recently..terrific sound!
I haven’t experienced front height speakers set up. But if your going to install height speakers right placement(Hieght nd distance from your listening position) is very much important else you won’t get the overhead effects. My case it is impossible in my room. If you have the option to install them overhead it is always the best solution for Atmos. The svs Mrp is 50k with discounts you can get it for 40-45k and Dali alteco is around 28k with discounts

I haven’t experienced front height speakers set up. But if your going to install height speakers right placement(Hieght nd distance from your listening position) is very much important else you won’t get the overhead effects. My case it is impossible in my room. If you have the option to install them overhead it is always the best solution for Atmos. The svs Mrp is 50k with discounts you can get it for 40-45k and Dali alteco is around 28k with discounts

Hi All

So I have purchased the svs prime elevation in the us and waiting for my friend to land by this month end. So i am going to install it in the same location as shown in the pic we’re i have the Yamaha satellites installed now. Those are small and light weight speakers so used the screws and wall plugs as shown in the pic which are provided by svs for installation. Now these are 3.5 kg each so I am little concerned if they will hold. The svs seller in the us said these plugs may not hold and are meant for us walls. Any one of u installed in concrete ceiling ? Please suggest me the right tools required

Attachments

• 585D73B1-E8D1-407A-8ED6-F2BF3F859840.jpeg
    585D73B1-E8D1-407A-8ED6-F2BF3F859840.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 046A5F66-9199-48A4-A31B-BDC8AF2BD7E0.jpeg
    046A5F66-9199-48A4-A31B-BDC8AF2BD7E0.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 63
  • BF0ECDE8-954E-4379-9D2B-A6A63A88A296.jpeg
    BF0ECDE8-954E-4379-9D2B-A6A63A88A296.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 65
  • B69955B7-6602-4003-8F93-F0073B096663.jpeg
    B69955B7-6602-4003-8F93-F0073B096663.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi All

So I have purchased the svs prime elevation in the us and waiting for my friend to land by this month end. So i am going to install it in the same location as shown in the pic we’re i have the Yamaha satellites installed now. Those are small and light weight speakers so used the screws and wall plugs as shown in the pic which are provided by svs for installation. Now these are 3.5 kg each so I am little concerned if they will hold. The svs seller in the us said these plugs may not hold and are meant for us walls. Any one of u installed in concrete ceiling ? Please suggest me the right tools required

SVS Prime elevation is a good choice. SVS claims that it is the most versatile speaker since it provides so many options for installation and placements.
I have seen many pictures on the internet showing SVS prime elevation installed on the ceiling.
You may have to use a wooden plugs instead of the plastic plugs coming with it.

SVS Prime elevation is a good choice. SVS claims that it is the most versatile speaker since it provides so many options for installation and placements.
I have seen many pictures on the internet showing SVS prime elevation installed on the ceiling.
You may have to use a wooden plugs instead of the plastic plugs coming with it.
Ok thanks I will check it out .

Hi All

I think they come with SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket essential for their placement on ceiling or wall so should hold well.

I think they come with SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket essential for their placement on ceiling or wall so should hold well.
Yeah as shown in pic. As each speakers weigh 3.5kg just want to make sure I am using the right wall plugs and screws. Hope I get a response from some one who installed speakers in ceilings that weigh 3.6 kg or more

Attachments

• 38B8D2B6-16BD-49E5-A04B-1E7E417C1188.jpeg
    38B8D2B6-16BD-49E5-A04B-1E7E417C1188.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 59

If the speaker has threaded hole inserts, then it is easy to mount to ceiling with external brackets.. If it doesn't, then it may limit you from mounting to ceiling..

You may consider mounting the speaker high on side walls near ceiling.. Very close to the speakers where you have mounted your top middle speakers..

If the speaker has threaded hole inserts, then it is easy to mount to ceiling with external brackets.. If it doesn't, then it may limit you from mounting to ceiling..

You may consider mounting the speaker high on side walls near ceiling.. Very close to the speakers where you have mounted your top middle speakers..
The speaker has threaded hole and comes with the ceiling mount. My question is what type of hardware to use to install the mounts on the concrete ceiling. I am going to install on the same location where i have installed the yamaha satellites which is overhead on the ceiling

The speaker has threaded hole and comes with the ceiling mount. My question is what type of hardware to use to install the mounts on the concrete ceiling. I am going to install on the same location where i have installed the yamaha satellites which is overhead on the ceiling

If the threaded hole insert has a screw size mentioned like M8/M10, make a note of it, and drop in to Ritchie street MX shop.. They have some camera mounts, which can also be used as speaker mounts. You may check the compatibility in the shop & decide..

Sample image
images

If the threaded hole insert has a screw size mentioned like M8/M10, make a note of it, and drop in to Ritchie street MX shop.. They have some camera mounts, which can also be used as speaker mounts. You may check the compatibility in the shop & decide..

Sample image
images
No i also have the ceiling mounts. The main reason for me to go for these speakers is that SVS itself provides the ceiling mounts. I want to know what type of screws and plugs i should use to install the mounts on the ceiling. Speakers weighs 3.5 kg so want to take all precautions

No i also have the ceiling mounts. The main reason for me to go for these speakers is that SVS itself provides the ceiling mounts. I want to know what type of screws and plugs i should use to install the mounts on the ceiling. Speakers weighs 3.5 kg so want to take all precautions

I recently acquired 2 pairs of pre-loved SVS Prime satellites which weigh the same weight. My installation would be for front and rear heights for my upcoming 5.1.4 Atmos / DTSX / Auro3D installation. I bought wall brackets from aliexpress.

You can find lots of options from the same for ceiling mounting. I guess it uses M5 screws. Just check if you find suitable options from aliexpress website.

Last edited:

Ok.. You mean to say that manufacturer provides ceiling mounts, but not mounting screws?.. If that is the case, you may take the mounts to local hardware store and they should the compatible hardware accordingly..

You may also check what @sriram_shol has suggested..

Ok.. You mean to say that manufacturer provides ceiling mounts, but not mounting screws?.. If that is the case, you may take the mounts to local hardware store and they should the compatible hardware accordingly..

You may also check what @sriram_shol has suggested..
Lol seems lik no one reading my post completely. They provide the plugs and screws as shown in the image. My question was are they sufficient for a 3.5 kg speaker on a concrete ceiling or any other methods available

Attachments

• 046A5F66-9199-48A4-A31B-BDC8AF2BD7E0.jpeg
    046A5F66-9199-48A4-A31B-BDC8AF2BD7E0.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 46
  • vs.jpeg
    vs.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 47
Lol seems lik no one reading my post completely. They provide the plugs and screws as shown in the image. My question was are they sufficient for a 3.5 kg speaker on a concrete ceiling or any other methods available

:p.. Right.. overlooked the screws & plugs picture.. To me, the provided accessory is enough to mount to ceiling..

Best is to install it and see if it holds the weight of 3.5 kg. Otherwise go for a bigger screws from the hardware shop.

Last edited:

Hi

Given the weight of the speakers....you need to factor first how thick is the ceiling then run to the hardware shop and tell him you want to mount a chandelier which weighs around 7 kgs.....and this needs to be mounted on a metal stand which has 4 / 6 holes for certain screws......he will then give you the proper screws meant for ceilings and the actual packing required .....

Finally have received the svs. Still haven’t got the right hardware :( . Checked with few hardware stores and asked them for the right screws and plugs for concrete ceiling installation of 4-5kg speakers no once couldn’t help. I just can’t wait to get the right hardware nd start enjoying Atmos nd dts x

Attachments

• 20839CC9-99FF-45C7-B67A-D5C5EA3AFE81.jpeg
    20839CC9-99FF-45C7-B67A-D5C5EA3AFE81.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 85
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back