Help with Atmos speakers in concrete ceiling

Yes Sonus does a very good job . I have compared mounting Sonus in Front heights & Top Middle (On ceiling ) .Out of this Top Middle configuration was fantastic. Follow the spec of Atmos For Top Mddle -It should be mounted 65 degree to 100 degree from your Main Listening Position (MLP) .If your mounting 5.1.4 setup then follow 30 to 55 degree on either side from your MLP.Check the Figure Attached.
Good luck!!!
Thanks you have been very helpful. Denon 2400 will support only 5.1.2 so can’t plan 5.2. Spoke with Volumate he is willing to give for 13882. Asked him about Dali as well so mostly by tonight I’ll decide nd make the purchase

Thanks you have been very helpful. Denon 2400 will support only 5.1.2 so can’t plan 5.2. Spoke with Volumate he is willing to give for 13882. Asked him about Dali as well so mostly by tonight I’ll decide nd make the purchase
Ok.Mount it with Top Middle configuration as per Atmos Spec .U will be happy. U can also check with Decibel -Chennai for Sonodyne to have the current price idea .(I have bought it from them ).Good Luck.

Ok.Mount it with Top Middle configuration as per Atmos Spec .U will be happy. U can also check with Decibel -Chennai for Sonodyne to have the current price idea .(I have bought it from them ).Good Luck.
Thanks and just one last question. I am going to install them in the top middle. Can u tell me from the picture attached in what position I should install them in the ceiling?11B67D47-4701-4C3D-8E55-604650DF83DA.jpeg

Thanks and just one last question. I am going to install them in the top middle. Can u tell me from the picture attached in what position I should install them in the ceiling?View attachment 32076
I have mounted it ,like the baffle facing down towards my listening position.Check the attached file.

Attachments

• Auro 3d setup plan-Heights.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for all your inputs. Without comparing with Dali just how good is the sonus. I can manage the sound variations cause I am already used to it with my Polk subwoofer it doesn’t match well with the dali’s . But want to know if I will get quality sound effects clearly from above with the Sonus.

For sure, you will be able to hear clearly with SONUS

For sure, you will be able to hear clearly with SONUS
Thanks a lot for all ur valuable points. Now I will patiently plan my budget nd build the best for my room. Sold my Polk psw125 just today. I also returned the daliz1 it was loaned to me for auditioning. Now I have to get top speakers,zensor one and a sub matching the set up. Will do some more research nd invest wisely

Thanks a lot for all ur valuable points. Now I will patiently plan my budget nd build the best for my room. Sold my Polk psw125 just today. I also returned the daliz1 it was loaned to me for auditioning. Now I have to get top speakers,zensor one and a sub matching the set up. Will do some more research nd invest wisely

Cool, spend enough time and settle down with the right product. All the best.

Good luck.
Audition is a key for purchasing.So please try to do possible audition .Regarding sub ,the main is placement .If budget permits go for dual subs.
The following subs can be prefred.
  • Velodyne Impact 12.
  • Dali sub e-12f
  • SVS pb1000/2000 -depending on budget
  • BIC

Good luck.
Audition is a key for purchasing.So please try to do possible audition .Regarding sub ,the main is placement .If budget permits go for dual subs.
The following subs can be prefred.
  • Velodyne Impact 12.
  • Dali sub e-12f
  • SVS pb1000/2000 -depending on budget
  • BIC
I have shortlisted Yamaha NS 300 nd bic pl 200 ii. Have you listened to both subs? Both have very good reviews Yamaha being very economical

I have shortlisted Yamaha NS 300 nd bic pl 200 ii. Have you listened to both subs? Both have very good reviews Yamaha being very economical

Velodyne is good but did not convince me......

You can add this sub to the Yamaha list

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/yst-sw315/index.html

See who offers the best price....also visit Profx and audition their Polk HTS 10 and HTS 12.....these were newly launched in March 2018 and got a chance to touch and hear them at the What Hifi show in Mumbai......decent subs....good for music and movies....a notch less than the BIC F12.....BIC PL 200 is still miles ahead in terms of SQ and smooth performance.

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speaker_systems/yst-sw315/index.html

See who offers the best price....also visit Profx and audition their Polk HTS 10 and HTS 12.....these were newly launched in March 2018 and got a chance to touch and hear them at the What Hifi show in Mumbai......decent subs....good for music and movies....a notch less than the BIC F12.....BIC PL 200 is still miles ahead in terms of SQ and smooth performance.
Thanks for ur suggestion. I ended up getting the BIC PL 200 ii and very much satisfied

I ended up getting the Bic PL 200ii. Thanks to
BIC has good user reviews .
Thanks to @sriram_shol I ended up getting the BIC PL 200 ii. I am fully satisfied with the performance of the sub.

DOLBY ATMOS ON CONCRETE CEILING ARE : TORVIN'S APT3 3 inch dual 2 way drive with tilting option. perfectly matched at our place with marantz 6013. apair of speakers costed 18.5K its a aluminium body with 45 degree tilting option.
Wow looks cool. How is the performance and we’re did u get them?

@Love4sound thank you. It performs better than sonodye , caz one of my friends have it at his place. I got it from TORVIN Chennai.
Oh better then Sonus? Have u auditioned with the same content? Wat is ur set up and with Wat speakers nd sub u use them ? I use denon 2400 paired with Dali Zensors. U think this will match my set up?

@Love4sound I haven't experienced sonus yet. But I have experienced Klipsch , elac, pioneers, svs and sonodye. Out all these I prefer TORVIN because it has good dept in sound. It's amazing which watching unfold Dolby Atmos trailer , and conductor is even good. Best movie watched with it was Gravity , mad Max and ready player one. It's actually my bro in law's setup. He own marantz 6012 with pioneer Andrew Jones series 7 speakers with Dali subwoofer and TORVIN's Atmos speakers.
By Sonus I meant Sonodyne Sonus 3540. Are u referring to the same model?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back