hi all, need your help in choosing the right LCD TV

ansh

my budget is around Rs 90,000/-..Originally wanted to go for a Sony Bravia 32 incher..now i am not sure after reading one of the blogs here:(. Am open to any brand(it could be 32' or 40'..even a 37') but the viewing experience has to be good..I dont understand the techno terms,So would leave that to you wise men...
So Friends: "enlighten me with your valuable advise";)

Hi,

Just look at Panasonic and Hitachi amongst others for 32" LCD. Seems to have been rated very well at some international sites.

Have to hurry now. Will add more later.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

One word : The new Hitachi 42X01A
(12 bit panel, 10000 on-screen contrast ratio, "Full HD", made in Japan)
92,000 INR
Guess you won't find any that beats these specs.

But I would be happy to know otherwise, since I too have to buy in about this range.

KR
Raman

I feel Panasonic is still focusing on plasmas. They lead in this segment.
Hitachi was also popular in plasma. Now they have started their LCD series. Albeit with a good start.

I feel Panasonic is still focusing on plasmas. They lead in this segment.
Hitachi was also popular in plasma. Now they have started their LCD series. Albeit with a good start.

Yes, Panasonic focuses on plasmas. But they use the same image processing engine (VREAL and VREAL-2) in their LCDs which is real good (pun-intended) to say the least. This engine is the reason for the performance of their LCD panels. All panels do HDTV well enough. Check the SDTV for the difference.

But, then you can say that I am biased ;) After all, I own one :cool:

Regards,
Prasad.

my budget is around Rs 90,000/-..(it could be 32' or 40'..even a 37')

Forgot to mention: you are getting 42" with Hitachi42X01A :p

Thanks guys....just checked the hitachi india website..looks good but is it really for 92 grand?? i have my doubts coz its too good to be true..Sony Bravia with a 8000:1 contrast ratio is around 94K or more...how about Samsung?i aint personally a big Samsung fan but dont they make some awesome LCDs?

Last edited:
Ansh
Yes it seems to be a good price. But I don't think that Hitachi would do any cheat. They have a very good reputation. May be its their way of being competitive.
But one thing is for sure, there is no * (conditions apply) attached to it.

Note: 92,000 is a dealer price.

Hi Ansh,

With your budget of 90K, you can easily aim for a 40 inch LCD TV. The Sony Bravia W series (40" Full HD) cost my friend 1.1L in last November. So, it could've dropped to 90K by now.

Two similar models (Not Full HD) that are just as good as the one I suggested above are the Toshiba Regza (I have it) or the Sony Bravia D series.

Avoid the Korean brands in LCD TV. I'm not prejudiced against Korean stuff. In fact, all our household appliances are korean.

Good luck!

Ansh
Yes it seems to be a good price. But I don't think that Hitachi would do any cheat. They have a very good reputation. May be its their way of being competitive.
But one thing is for sure, there is no * (conditions apply) attached to it.

Note: 92,000 is a dealer price.

If thats the dealer price..we can squeeze in some discounts..LOL !! by the way its definitely on my top 2 list..i have just moved to Bhopal..So am looking for the nearest Hitachi dealer...if i dont find one..i guess i d have to get it from Hyderabad....but it would be worth it....Thanks Raman for the help..

You are welcome buddy.
Hitachi is also planning to come out with 3.5cm!! and then 1.9cm!!!!! panels this year. We can expect even more cut down on the price. I heard Hitachi and Panasonic are popular in the US and Europe markets.

Can somebody tell me if these models do upscaling?

KR
Raman

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back