Hi and question about speakers

jenyang

Hi there everyone. New to the forum. I wondered if any of you might have some advice on home floor-standing speakers. I currently have a pair of KEF C-40s driven by a Denon PMA 915-R and am looking to upgrade. My research has led me to the following speakers:

Monitor Audio Silver RS6
JBL L890
KEF iQ90 or iQ50
Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 or 9.6

I would appreciate anyone who has heard any of these speakers to provide some feedback.

Thanks

Alot here would tell you go eyes closed with the RS6 for their bass response, capable clear mids and well laid highs (these speakers do have a bit forward sound ..so high frequencies are focused quite well) ..i shall agree to all these aspects as well. Its a speaker well made for the price and can suit any kind various genres of music in a capable manner.

Wharfedale 9.5 falls in similar category, but for controlled bass response and mid range i can give a brownie point to RS6 over this.

Rest of the brands other friends can pick on it they have heard them. But will you be able to have a change in the sonic structure of KEFs that you had been listening to since a while i hope. You could certainly look at the KEF model u hv mentioned first ...and do hear them first to make a finer judgement. I believe it could work better for you as it would provide you a near similar sound as ur current KEF and not make your mind, heart n ears ..go thru the burn in phase of new sonics all over again.

Hi there everyone. New to the forum.

Welcome, have a great time.

My research has led me to the following speakers:

Monitor Audio Silver RS6
JBL L890
KEF iQ90 or iQ50
Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 or 9.6

From the above speakers, I can easily pick MA RS6 as the clear winner for it's excellent reproduction across the frequency spectrum. But, with your Denon amp in mind, I fear I wouldn't; am not sure MA and Denon would go really well here.

Having said that, I would surely lean on the KEF's mentioned above for the Denon, have heard few, like them.

But, you can audition all the speakers you mentioned before taking the plunge.

:)

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Would you clarify why you don't think the MA RS6 would go well with the Denon amp?

Thanks

Back