Hi to all and requesting for urgent help!

souravbiswas

I am planning to purchase a new music system for myself (to be played in a room of size approx. 350sq. ft.) within the price range of 20-30K (INR). i have zeroed in on Logitech Z 5500 and Bose Wave Music but not very much satisfied with the sound quality. i have plans for Sonodyne and Onkyo also.
Please advice me something in this price range as i am totally confused.

Your requirement is not really clear. The Z 5500 is a 5.1 system while the Bose is a 2 channel system. Is your primary requirement movies or music (percentage for each is also a useful pointer)?

btw: does Mr. biswas also have a middle name?

Hi Sourav,

I own a logitech z 5500 from 2006 and its good if you place it ear level and at around 150 sq ft. but do not expect it to be better at greater listening area than that.

Its good only for games & movies, awesome for games but good enouhg for movies on ur PC. I hooked it to my phillips dvd player in the living room - 220-250sqft but loses the expected immersiveness in movies even at its peak volume that is if you see a lot in movis. It has also got a fairly large ely good reviews favouring its versatality. Connection was coaxial.

350 sqft - my god that 'BIG'. Do not embarass the product.

regards,
Anooj mangalam

I am planning to purchase a new music system for myself (to be played in a room of size approx. 350sq. ft.) within the price range of 20-30K (INR). i have zeroed in on Logitech Z 5500 and Bose Wave Music but not very much satisfied with the sound quality. i have plans for Sonodyne and Onkyo also.
Please advice me something in this price range as i am totally confused.

Hi,
U have to decide what is the priority. Good sound, good looks(a lifestyle product) or all in one convenience. The wave gives decent sound and so do some ipod docks but cant match the sound of a cdp+integrated amp+ stand mount speakers. If u are fussy about sound then go for the latter. I have no idea of the logitech product.
With the above combo u will need cables and probably stands and the entire exercise could cost more than the allocated budget (If buying new) but is worth it.
If u opt for it there are tons of options but we get into that once u are clear what u want.
Regards

Your requirement is not really clear. The Z 5500 is a 5.1 system while the Bose is a 2 channel system. Is your primary requirement movies or music (percentage for each is also a useful pointer)?

btw: does Mr. biswas also have a middle name?

My full name is Sourav Biswas and i am looking for a 5.1 system primarily for music...but since BOSE is expensive for my budget i considered Wave Music.

Hi,
U have to decide what is the priority. Good sound, good looks(a lifestyle product) or all in one convenience. The wave gives decent sound and so do some ipod docks but cant match the sound of a cdp+integrated amp+ stand mount speakers. If u are fussy about sound then go for the latter. I have no idea of the logitech product.
With the above combo u will need cables and probably stands and the entire exercise could cost more than the allocated budget (If buying new) but is worth it.
If u opt for it there are tons of options but we get into that once u are clear what u want.
Regards

Thanks for your reply...I am only conceren for good sound for playing music and looks are not a consideration for me...plz suggest as i am confused.

Well if it is only for music, please look at a dedicated cdp+amp+speakers. Something like a marantz 5001(~11,000) + norge amp(or a used nad/CA) (~10,000) + pair of MS 902i's (~10,0000). Would suggest used gear as you will end up with a great setup at a much lesser price.

If you are looking for a AVR (for movies+music), there a couple of threads on budget AVR's + 5.1 speaker packages (inside the 30K range) in this forum. Do take a look there.

-Mr. Biswas, I have a friend in Cal with the same name, hence the question.. :D

Thanks for your reply...I am only conceren for good sound for playing music and looks are not a consideration for me...plz suggest as i am confused.

Great,
If good sound is priority then my suggestion of going for seperates is best. Too many options and upgradeable too. But in the budget it will be a two channel set up not 5.1 as u mentioned. U could buy a budget AVR and a 5.1 set but that would be a compromise in my view.
If u are ok buying used contact Ramesh on 09844404269 or Homiyar from this forum.Ask them what cdp s and integrateds they can offer u at the moment.
Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back