Hi...

nuRoXX

... as per soundsgreat's request ( :p ) I've put some pictures of my little stereo set-up here. Comments of any kind are appreciated...
Details about the equipment are not mentioned here but just ask ;)

That's the present amp and CDP
01theampanditssourcenh0.jpg

From the rear
02theampanditssourcebacvf3.jpg

With speakers
03complete1gn8.jpg

A similar set-up with a different CDP one month ago
nurockkombi1cp6.jpg

Approx. three month ago when I listened with bookshelf speaker (obviously I had fun :D )
04okki2rw2.jpg

My small set-up -> second choice when I like to listen to non-metal music ;)
05klipschrb81anchinawarvp3.jpg

The Klipsch-Bookshelf Speaker
klipschrb81111vd8.jpg

That's is IMHO a great one, very dynamic, a lot bass coming from that little chassis... just perfect... but finally a matter of taste, of course.

That's it. One word to the room: The walls and the ceiling are covered by 4-5mm thick cotton. There are no reflections (high and mid-high frequencies). Every hand-clap dies, no echoes at all. At least for the metal stuff a good set-up :D

Last edited:
... as per soundsgreat's request ( :p ) I've put some pictures of my little stereo set-up here. Comments of any kind are appreciated...

From the rear

With speakers
03complete1gn8.jpg

nurockkombi1cp6.jpg

Approx. three month ago when I listened with bookshelf speaker (obviously I had fun :D )
04okki2rw2.jpg

klipschrb81111vd8.jpg

That's is IMHO a great one, very dynamic, a lot bass coming from that little chassis... just perfect... but finally a matter of taste, of course.

That's it. One word to the room: The walls and the ceiling are covered by 4-5mm thick cotton. There are no reflections (high and mid-high frequencies). Every hand-clap dies, no echoes at all. At least for the metal stuff a good set-up :D

Lovely setup Nuroxx!

Hi,

Hello Buddy ! wow :cool: ! man you have one serious set-up !! Real cool !

Glad I asked you to post ! coz I can bet that everyone will enjoy and appreciate your set-up !

May I also add that not eveyone gets a chance like this to have dedicated set-up ! that to two of them :eek:! Well what can say,you are one lucky man :) !

Thanks for sharing it with Us !

Regards.

Hi soundsgreat,

your are so welcome and many thanks for your nice reply here :)

Yep, all is for music -> Music is the best!

Hoping, that I'll meet some more this friendly people here sharing knowledge, opinions and experiences...

See you on other links and have a good evening!

Cheers nuRoXX

Hi,

Its my pleasure !! I mean really I loved the set-up ! Kudos for making it in this way !

Only sad part is your on the other side of the planet :( ! otherwise would've loved to listen to your set-up !

Though my music taste is totally contrast to yours ! but still would've loved to drop in for session !!

Regards.

Hi gain :)

Though my music taste is totally contrast to yours ! but still would've loved to drop in for session !!

Well, my passion is metal of any kind, BUT I love also listen to jazz, folk-music, some pop-music (as my girl-friend loves i.e. Madonna, I do also have some favours in her wide range of titles), fusions consisting jazz and hip-hop and even to classic music (but must be of very dramatical kind, i.e. stuff done by russian composers). After two decades extensive Zappa music I can't be one-way directed... ;)

What kinda music you are preferring soundsgreat? And is here a thread I can have a look on your equipment, beside of your avatar?

A litte off-topic:

May I ask you from where in India you are coming from (well, I could also search for... :rolleyes:) as I'm in shipping business which brings me around the world... even to India in the past :)

Again, great to be here.

Regards
nuRoXX

edits:

Well, I've just asked the iNet for Bengaluru, it is a bit far from coastal states / Cities...

Last edited:
Hi, it's a gorgeous & dedicated set-up, speakers & amp look lovely. Real cozy place for audition, just great!!!!!

Regards,
Anil

HI

Hi nuRoXX,:)
Man-oh-Man.Thats a terrific setup.:eek:
Very Neat...Clean...Elegant setup.

nuRoXX...you Rock...

Regards,
Sam:cool:

Hey! NuRoXX Nice set up & must sy that you're one luck bloke to have a dedicated treated room, as i feel it's a must to extract & hear all the nuances in the recording.
What Klipsch spk are those & what are the other components along with it.
Cheers

Hi Anil kumar, SAMUEL and neo,

many thanks for your nice feedbacks :)

"nuRoXX...you Rock..." :D

"What Klipsch spk are those & what are the other components along with it"

The Klipsch speakers are the RB-81, which did replace the former RB-75. The 75 had the same horn technology as the floorstander RF-7. The horn of the 81 has been modified and sounds to my ears a bit softer, not that direct but still very dynamic. I like that speaker for acoustical music, small jazz-combos, instrumental etc. For more complex music I would rather join the other set-up.

The equipment driving the 81 is the Classic No 6.6 amp and the Jolida JD100S, a tube cdp. Real heavy metal stuff from China :D

Thanks again and Brgds,
nuRoXX

Hi Ladies,

... it's time for an update :)

Yep, that's the latest creation made by my favourite manufacturer. Still exploring the properties and capabilities of that nice "little" lady but I'm sure already that I've never ever listen to such a cool piece of technic before :D

Brgds
nuRoXX

Last edited:
From the rear

Wow man props for a seriously good setup! I'm curious to know a little bit more on your stereo rack. I can see that you have what looks like a tapered back shelf. Is that a special design feature with a special spec on the material?

Thanks for posting these pictures on here!

Hi Ladies,

... it's time for an update :)

Yep, that's the latest creation made by my favourite manufacturer. Still exploring the properties and capabilities of that nice "little" lady but I'm sure already that I've never ever listen to such a cool piece of technic before :D

Brgds
nuRoXX
Hi Nuroxx, i just saw your setup here and i musts say that you are the blessed one to have such a wonderful dedicated room for acoustic !! Greetings Dear ! Hey it will be great if you could post your exp with Classic / Dussun along with the speakers & accessories (pls mention names & model) used , it will be helpful.
How would you rate them against any American or European brand which you have used in the past ?
Warm Regards
RB9

Wow man props for a seriously good setup! I'm curious to know a little bit more on your stereo rack. I can see that you have what looks like a tapered back shelf. Is that a special design feature with a special spec on the material?

Thanks for posting these pictures on here!

Hi Nikhil,

thanks yours :)

The rack is coming from a danish manufacturer (audiomagic.dk). They use i.e. layered wood (do not ask me what wood) and other material. Every shelf (as the whole rack) is resting on cones connecting to the rack respectively to the floor.

I've bought it that time because it was the only one which was big enough accommodating the amp (depth of 53cm) for a price I found reasonable.

Maybe you'll find more specs in the o.m. link.

Brgds
nuRoXX

Hi RB9,

thanks yours too :)

Well, the chinese hardware... is performing great ;) IMHO you can't get more quality for the price.

The Dussun V8i (former Korsun I have): in my eyes a straight forward amp (and nothing to do with tube -like playback as propagated on a sellers page) and controls any speaker, regardless of its impedance. I consider the amp relatively natural and not sounded. Even if you request high levels he remains very sovereign.

The Classic No. 6.6: similar to the Korsun / Dussun, not that powerful and a bit "softer" in reproducing. Some people say the Classic is more musical than the Dussun.

Both amps are well manufactured, solid, made with components of high quality and are very reliable (i.e. the short-circuit protection of the Dussun).

The remote controls are heavy but allowing only rough adjustments.

The present CDp is the Marantz SA7001 KI and is "ok". The bass performance could be a bit better. The sound in general I consider smooth, compared to NAD or Arcam player I've used before. In conjunction with the Dussun a very good team.

The speakers: nuVero 14. It is the latest model from Nubert. Nubert is an online-dealer and is selling mainly in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

The main characteristic of that speaker: very linear frequency responses and carries technologies which you cannot find in other speakers of that price.

Dimensions: 1,40m high, 23,5cm wide and 42,5cm depth. Its weight 52 Kg.

But as I've mentioned above, still exploring the speaker...

Beside of Klipsch bookshelf speaker I do not have any experiences with US brands. Other brands I've had before were NAD, Arcam, Yamaha, Pioneer and Denon (<- Amps and CDp) as well as B&W, Wharfdale and DIY (<- speakers).

Brgds
nuRoXX

Hi Nikhil,

thanks yours :)

The rack is coming from a danish manufacturer (audiomagic.dk). They use i.e. layered wood (do not ask me what wood) and other material. Every shelf (as the whole rack) is resting on cones connecting to the rack respectively to the floor....

Thanks. Very nice information on there!

From the rear

With speakers
03complete1gn8.jpg

nurockkombi1cp6.jpg

04okki2rw2.jpg

klipschrb81111vd8.jpg

awesome man may be someday i will make my setup also like this its superb.....:eek:

Hi RB9,

thanks yours too :)

Well, the chinese hardware... is performing great ;) IMHO you can't get more quality for the price.

The Dussun V8i (former Korsun I have): in my eyes a straight forward amp (and nothing to do with tube -like playback as propagated on a sellers page) and controls any speaker, regardless of its impedance. I consider the amp relatively natural and not sounded. Even if you request high levels he remains very sovereign.

The Classic No. 6.6: similar to the Korsun / Dussun, not that powerful and a bit "softer" in reproducing. Some people say the Classic is more musical than the Dussun.

Both amps are well manufactured, solid, made with components of high quality and are very reliable (i.e. the short-circuit protection of the Dussun).

The remote controls are heavy but allowing only rough adjustments.

The present CDp is the Marantz SA7001 KI and is "ok". The bass performance could be a bit better. The sound in general I consider smooth, compared to NAD or Arcam player I've used before. In conjunction with the Dussun a very good team.

The speakers: nuVero 14. It is the latest model from Nubert. Nubert is an online-dealer and is selling mainly in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.

The main characteristic of that speaker: very linear frequency responses and carries technologies which you cannot find in other speakers of that price.

Dimensions: 1,40m high, 23,5cm wide and 42,5cm depth. Its weight 52 Kg.

But as I've mentioned above, still exploring the speaker...

Beside of Klipsch bookshelf speaker I do not have any experiences with US brands. Other brands I've had before were NAD, Arcam, Yamaha, Pioneer and Denon (<- Amps and CDp) as well as B&W, Wharfdale and DIY (<- speakers).

Brgds
nuRoXX

Hi nuroxx , I'm also using Dussun V6I & my setup is mentioned here at the link Amp/Preamp Asylum
Apart this i have CA540R which i use in my bedroom.
Warm Regards
RB9

RB9 said:
Hi nuroxx , I'm also using Dussun V6I & my setup is mentioned here at the link Amp/Preamp Asylum
Apart this i have CA540R which i use in my bedroom.
Warm Regards
RB9

Hi RB9,

nice review of the V6i. I totally agree when it comes to the sound. Maybe I should try changing the jumpers... ;)

What speakers you are driving with the CA?

Brgds
nuRoXX

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back