HIFI dealers in CHENNAI.

Any contact information about ritchie street shops for audio

You can go there once and get all their cards. It's close to chindadripet station. Walk about 800m. There will be some 8 shops selling only used audio like Denon, Marantz, NAD and so on. If I am not wrong they are responsible for all the old amps and speakers in ciculation in South India.

I am looking to audition JBL soundbar with woofer & Yamaha Soundbar 107 - all these cost under 15-18K and i also want to know do these people have any good home theatre systems in range of 15K, or will i not be welcomed by them? I was told that these shops sell good equipment. Soundbars with woofers of famous brands like sony samsung are selling at 10-12 K i am ready to invest 15-18K, anyone free to audition or take me to these shops?

Friends any feedback on Cinema Focus , specially their after sales ? I am only interested in them because they happen to be dealers for ProAc. I am particular about after sales support.

Friends any feedback on Cinema Focus , specially their after sales ? I am only interested in them because they happen to be dealers for ProAc. I am particular about after sales support.
They have been around for several years. They are the importers for ATC also.
However regarding after sales etc. no idea as I have never purchased anything from them.

But one disturbing fact I have noticed is that a number of grey/used market dealers in Chennai offer their products at lower than authorized dealer prices and also offer warranty.
No idea if it is in connivance with the importer.

Today morning I got an offer on a brand new Proac Tabblette Anniversary edition from such a used dealer for Rs 1.3 lakhs. Cinema Focus I think quote Rs. 1.9 lakhs for the same before discount.

He he what a coincidence I was looking to buy Tablette 10 ; I got a bit turned off because despite showing interest and calling them twice to get someone who could give me some information on speakers they never reverted back. I guess most of the audio shops run in India are content taking contracts with audio setup for large houses or corporates .

AV Lounge (Kilpauk) has opened a dealership in Velachery.

You can contact Mr. Venkat (owner of AV Lounge for more details).
Very knowledgeable, nice and a humble person.

He is the authorized distributor for some very good products like Xavian and Rosso Fiorentina speakers.and more.

His contact number is 944 436 9900.

Had a chance to visit AV Lounge and meet Mr. Venkat few days back. Now i am wondering where to start !

I am quite new to the world of Home audio, but reasonably exposed to quality audio. Over the last few weeks had visited quite a few shops around chennai looking at setups and auditioning few of them. As an avid 'listener' my love for stereo music is always high. I did audition few ST setups, however most of them were either quite limited for choices of equipment or shown a Demo of HT so that ST quality can be judged to an extent !!!!

If you are a Stereo Lover, please do not miss this place. There is something gratifying to see some unknown / unheard brands (this these parts of the world) knock your socks off with their quality not only in Music, but in Engineering and workmanship! Hats off the Venkat for treading the uncleared path and exposing these diamonds!

Xavian, a Czech Loudspeaker brand, Rosso Fiorentino, an Italian Loudspeaker brand, MJ acoustics, Ayon Audio, CAT, Kuzma (TT) are some of the names i could recall. Needless to say, these are some of the finest, exquisite and uber high end brands under ONE roof (something that one can only dream of). The Place itself is quite homely and most welcoming !

I had a good demo of the Entry level Xavians (Bon Bonus) and the Rosso (Giglio) speakers. The Xavians are so well crafted, very practical and compact cabinet designs that will fill even the most convoluted rooms with sparkles of music! They have extremely sweet tone especially the midrange and upper frequencies are a treat to ears. Complete made in Czech, with 100% Wood veneers, and shiny chrome bezel'ed port flare they look damn cute as well!

The Rosso Fiorentino, mmm what to say, be it building cars or constructing a monument there is something about the way Italians do it, don't they ? A complete bombshell of a Design that flows through every one of their products line up, right from the entry level Giglio to the top rung Florentina !! An unbelievable offspring between an Engineering Genius and a Gifted Artist ! The Giglio, is huge bookshelf with Leather side finishes and supremely crafted cabinet is a treat to simple watch. It is perfectly ok to just stand there and gaze at those 13 kg (per unit) marvels! Finally, when you pick your jaws up, you are hit by some resolving hi fidelity music that just drowns you in very place you are in. the Wide dispersion tweeters and Fiber cone Woofers bring in the a sound that is hard to imagine for a Bookshelf. (Now i know what i am talking - I hate comparison that Bookshelves that sound like Floor standers!!) The Sound Scale and Massive Sound stage takes you by surprise ! Before you come to complete senses, you are tend to notice those fast, agile transients making this one box wonder hard to resist !

The M2Tech DAC and Amplifiers were superb in tonal. They are so compact yet drive large drivers !! Also saw some quality cables from Analysis plus that could be easily mistaken for a large snake! :p The MJ Sub was immense and dug out some earth with its power and impact.

The Nottingham Analouge TT with Rosso Elba Floorstanders feeding off Audiaflight Amplifiers was out of the space! It was amazing how it transported me back to 90's era within seconds of playing. Illayaraja songs on Vinyl was equivalent to XXXX and XXXX (whatever works for you) . This is quality of highest standards and i think at this point i should thank god for;
1. Giving me ears and keeping my hearing ability intact
2. For Venkat for giving me an audition even though i never showed even the slightest intent to buy any TT

Some of the Finest equipment, handpicked by Venkat himself and put together with sheen and class! Just reflects his passion. This place is must try and 200% recommended for Stereophiles

PS: I am not involved with AVlounge on commercial aspects of the brand and the brands being distributed / endorsed.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back