1Home Talkies
Morduant Short, cambridge Audio, nakamichi
home taalkies
2. 5.1 Digital Park
Onkyo
35 II Avenue, Ashok Nagar,
Contact Mr. Thiru @ 9884400714

Horrible home page.

Advise throwing out the flash if prospective customers are not to get headaches! I managed about five seconds, with migrane. Even without, I would only have managed about six.

People should think about what web design looks like to the visitor, especially when the visitor is a potential customer. Playing with Flash, animated bells and whistles is good for teenagers who want to show off that they know how to do it. In real life, it only puts people off.

Sorry to be so scathing: that's just the way it is.

Horrible home page.

Advise throwing out the flash if prospective customers are not to get headaches! I managed about five seconds, with migrane. Even without, I would only have managed about six.

People should think about what web design looks like to the visitor, especially when the visitor is a potential customer. Playing with Flash, animated bells and whistles is good for teenagers who want to show off that they know how to do it. In real life, it only puts people off.

Sorry to be so scathing: that's just the way it is.

Hi Thad,
The same thoughts I had too. This is not restricted to this site only,too many out there indulging in Flash and are a pain in the neck.

Don't really know if 5.1 digital park is a good place for home theatre equipment. They advertise regularly in newspapers luring customers with discounts etc but when I went to their showroom, they were not even able to give me a demo. They said they had no stock of items etc. One of my friends also told me not to go to them. But I didn't heed his advise & went ahead & in the end, found out that he was right

All "Flash" and no substance then! ;)

Sound advice... whereas one might expect this sort of design fault in small businesses, and one often thinks that they have have let the schoolboy of the family do it, because, hey, he knows a lot about computers, my vote for the worst goes to some of the car manufacturers. Their designers seem to think they are making TV commercials, not web sites!

Last edited:
All "Flash" and no substance then! ;)

Sound advice... whereas one might expect this sort of design fault in small businesses, and one often thinks that they have have let the schoolboy of the family do it, because, hey, he knows a lot about computers, my vote for the worst goes to some of the car manufacturers. Their designers seem to think they are making TV commercials, not web sites!

Thad, actually the flashy site that you are referring to does not belong to 5.1 digital park. It belongs to the other dealer "Home Talkies". I've spoken to Mr Balaji of Home Talkies & seems to be quite a knowledgeable person. But he said he can't give a demo as his showroom is under renovation. I read somewhere else on this forum that he's formerly from "Cambridge" India. But maybe he got too carried away with the web page design

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back