High defination in india

bobby76

I have just seen a demo of HD through sun DTH. "colors" "N Geo" and one or two Tamil, Telugu channels are currently being offered in HD. They were looking quite nice. I have been informed that "Discovery" "UTV" and "Bindas" will be available this week in HD.

If any one knows more kindly continue.

Bye

hey bobby, where did you see this demo? on what TV were they showing it? was it 720p? 1080i? 1080p? what is the cost?

I have just seen a demo of HD through sun DTH. "colors" "N Geo" and one or two Tamil, Telugu channels are currently being offered in HD. They were looking quite nice. I have been informed that "Discovery" "UTV" and "Bindas" will be available this week in HD.

Bye

Bye

Hi,

Was the demo at your place or did you go to their place. If they can come home and give a demo I can give a try. If so can you give their details.

thanks.

@all
I do not know exactly about the pricing

Shopkeeper was telling that set top box would cost Rs 10,000 with one year free subscription. They did not have any catalogue for this.

Even in the US and Canada, the HD channels available are in 720p with 5.1 Dolby Surround. You are not going to get 1080p channels for a long time.

Any idea if Tata Sky is thinking of bringing HD to India? I had recently asked them if they would be introducing HDMI in their set-top box. Answer was negative. That being said, component cables are capable of carrying HD too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back