i have been looking at following tvs
1) sony z9d. 2.25L
2) lg c7 2.7L
3) sony x9000 1.7L (grey market)
4) lg sj series 1.9L
and then my 75 inch options are the VU tvs
1) vu uhd 1.9 L
2) vu quantum pixelight 3.1L

i am torn between a big size tv vs quality.
my viewing distance is 21ft.
what do u guys suggest? how good or bad are the vu tvs?
thanks

Instead of big size select 65 inch with better picture quality, features and product reliability. The fault rate of todays TV is higher and repair cast is also high. Extended warranty of 2 or more years is always welcome. Sony 93/94 series,Samsung QLED Q7F , LG C7 are few better options.

I suggest you go with Vu 75. Get 2-year extended warranty. The quality of Vu is not bad at all. If not above, but surely, it competes with all branded Tv in terms of quality. Go with big. I have vu65". It's very good.

At the same viewing distance and for the similar content, a larger screen will throw in more challenges to display a stellar picture quality.
The upscaling, motion blur reduction, attaining perfect blacks, contrast etc. will all need special attention for a larger screen size.
I will certainly not compare an "inexpensive" brand product with the picture quality of the models you mentioned even for a similar screen size. For a larger screen size of the "inexpensive" brand versus the ones you mentioned, the difference will be even more prominent.
Now the life of the product is what it is. My personal experience with the warranty support of the major brands (LG, Samsung, HP) has been very good even when it comes to major in warranty repairs.

thanks

21 feet?? I'm sorry even a 75 inch TV is gonna look tiny at that distance. Are you a hardcore home cinema enthusiast or do you just need a display for casual viewing? You can get a ALR screen and a short throw projector its probably only going to be full HD considering your budget, but at 21 feet your eyes are not really gonna be able to resolve the additional details from a 4k screen even on a 100 inch display.

Other than the size and picture quality, almost everything else about a TV can be changed. If the picture quality of the 75 incher is acceptable to you then definitely go for that.

hi guys
i am in a market for a new tv. my budget is around 2.5L
i have been looking at following tvs
1) sony z9d. 2.25L
2) lg c7 2.7L
3) sony x9000 1.7L (grey market)
4) lg sj series 1.9L
and then my 75 inch options are the VU tvs
1) vu uhd 1.9 L
2) vu quantum pixelight 3.1L

thanks
1.Sony z9d is the Sony's 2016/2017 flagship model and yet to be replaced in 2018. Still, it is the king. Its picture quality and color reproduction is almost close to oled. If you've the money to throw, you can grab this. Its an FALD tv that has around 600 zones.
2.Next best alternate is X9300e . Reviewers called this a mini z9d. It has better motion handling than z9d. Its one of the best edge-lit tv on the market right now.
3. 65"x9000e at 1.7L is pricey. If u negotiate harder with any local dealers, you could get much lower than this. Dont go for grey market, not sure how sony will honor the warranty. At this price you can get the 65"x930e.
4.Lg c7 is excellent tv. But be ready to deal with IR/ Burtn in issues.
5. Lg Sj series are ips panels. You wont get same level of picture quality as sony/ samsung that using va panels. Btw both having their pros and cons.
Larger you go, odds are high on getting uniformity issues. 55"<65" <75". Personally, I'll choose the high end 65" rather than budget 75".

1.Sony z9d is the Sony's 2016/2017 flagship model and yet to be replaced in 2018. Still, it is the king. Its picture quality and color reproduction is almost close to oled. If you've the money to throw, you can grab this. Its an FALD tv that has around 600 zones.
2.Next best alternate is X9300e . Reviewers called this a mini z9d. It has better motion handling than z9d. Its one of the best edge-lit tv on the market right now.
3. 65"x9000e at 1.7L is pricey. If u negotiate harder with any local dealers, you could get much lower than this. Dont go for grey market, not sure how sony will honor the warranty. At this price you can get the 65"x930e.
4.Lg c7 is excellent tv. But be ready to deal with IR/ Burtn in issues.
5. Lg Sj series are ips panels. You wont get same level of picture quality as sony/ samsung that using va panels. Btw both having their pros and cons.
Larger you go, odds are high on getting uniformity issues. 55"<65" <75". Personally, I'll choose the high end 65" rather than budget 75".
how is the motion handling on the z9d? heard it has some motion handling issues

so then? between the c7 or z9d which one do you suggest?
Neither. ;)
Personally, I'll go with x9300E. Reason is price-to- performance ratio.
Indeed C7 have the eye popping color reproduction and picture quality. In the lowlight/dark room nothing beats the OLED Tv. However it also have some of the pitfalls that come with OLED technology such as IR/BI issues, low brightness(<lcd led tv) . In day to day normal viewing, it won't be noticeable. But once you've seen it, it can't be unseen. Moreover in the bright lit room the picture quality is less noticeable when comparing with best LCD LED tv. Finally the price is too steep.
Though Sony Z9d have the excellent picture processing, it's price is way high when comparing with X9300e. And the picture quality is not huge improvement over the x9300e to justify its steep price. Not forget to mention the motion trailing on fast paced contents.
Fyi, I'm also looking for a best 4K HDR tv in the market. But i'm not in hurry.:cool: My first pick will be x9300e. I've planned to take a shot on festive season to get some better deals :) . Personally i really like the color reproduction on Sony high end displays.
So i suggest you to take some 4k hdr/1080p/480p clips and check them on side by side on any store. Grab what please your eyes. But don't forget to check them on Cinema mode on Sony , Movie mode on Samsung tv. Not sure about the LG tv. Coz Movie/Cinema mode will eliminate all the unnecessary picture processing and give director intent picture.

I'm in the same quandry. You can disregard everything other than the B7/C7, X930E, and Z9D - the other models are not even close in terms of HDR peak brightness and local dimming. Don't bother about differences in motion processing etc. as they all all good enough.

The X930E 55" is available for 1.59L. The Z9D 65" is superior in every way. The only reason to choose the X930E is cost. If you have the money, just buy the Z9D - you will not regret it. If you buy the X930E but had the money for the Z9D you will keep questioning your purchase for years.

As for the B7/C7, you cannot decide based on burn-in risk. It will either happen to your panel or it won't, no matter how you use it. There is enough acedotal evidence for both extremes - brand new panels have suffered burn-in within a month, and 2016 panels abused with static content for several hours a day are still fine today.

I would never risk buying a costly 65" OLED over the Z9D. I would be willing to buy a cheaper 55" OLED though. The only real drawback of OLED is brightness. If you calibrate to 100 nits and watch in a dark room, it's bright enough. Even HDR is good enough in a dark room compared to the X930E / Z9D.

Given your budget, it’s just Z9D vs OLED. Don’t even think about any other LED as they are not comparable to the Z9D.

Z9D is better than OLED in bright rooms and HDR highlights. In all other cases OLED wins. The only question is whether you’re willing to risk burn-in on a 65” OLED which costs more than the Z9D. The Z9D is guaranteed to last for years.

If you travel abroad you can get a 55” B7 for $1200. That’s a very safe buy. The Indian price is ridiculous on OLED. The Z9D costs almost the same abroad.

Here is an excellent comparison review of Sony Z9d(2016) Vs Samsung q9f(2018) from HDTVTest. Its very interesting to see how Sony's 2016 flagship standing against Samsung's 2018 flagship.

has anyone have any expereince with the VU quantum pixelight 65/75 in...is it any good? it s their flagship tv..so was wondering..heard its a clone of a hisense model..if thats the case it should be a worthy competitor to any lcd tvs form any of the big manufactures...VU doesn't have a showroom where i live..so if anyone had any inputs ..would be greatly appreciated..thanks. Ishan

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back