High quality cables at a very reasonable price

srisaikat

Recently I discovered this site name from another forum and tried for myself, found them really worthy to try. It is ghentaudio --- Do something for HiFi Fans. May be some members well aware of it, but it is missing on our forum. I tried their A01 Canare RCA (M to M), very pleasing and natural yet detailed sounding interconnect, one might have to spend 3 to 5 times to match the quality. RCA termination plugs are very high quality. All prices are inclusive of shipping but it generally takes 5 to 6 weeks with free shipping options.

They also sell Class D Amps which I think are clones and they are based upon same topology used on very renowned brand like Rotel RB-1091, Wyred4Sound SX1000, Bel Canto Ref 1000 mkii, Jeff Rowland Model 501.

They also have ebay store. Hope you will take the advantage.

Hari Sir,

"very pleasing and natural yet detailed sounding interconnect", these terms are relative to make comparison with my other cables, please do not take them as absolute.

Hari Sir,

"very pleasing and natural yet detailed sounding interconnect", these terms are relative to make comparison with my other cables, please do not take them as absolute.

Thanks Srisaikat. Its great to know that our FMs can make out differences in detailed sounding interconnects and make comparisons which till date i was never able to do after trying hard. May be I am missing something in the audio chain which prevents me to listen and pin-point the change. Wondering if somone can help me with this?

Even i was in same impression, what does a cable can make a difference.

But To be frank i have used the Telephone wire\cheap cable wire\Ribbon wires(which is used in PCB boards and many) But recently i felt that there is difference in Sound I.e Bit detailed compared to a cheap cable (Might be less of copper and more or aluminum) compared to pure copper cable)
There might be chance that you are using best cables from day one :) so not getting change to feel the difference.

Instead of saying "Cable play a role in chain of Music reproduction " we could say "Good cables would perform the less interruption to the signals passed by"

if we believe Current passed by a Aluminum wire and copper and Gold has difference then Cable also have some part to play in the chain.

This is my understanding and correct if am wrong.

@ Audio Freak

I am not comparing a Rs.25/- cable with a Rs.250/- cable. Certainly there will be a difference between both of them due to poor contact resistance, guage and conductor purity. A 10 time increase in price.

I am comparing a Rs.250/- cable with a Rs.2500/- one. Here is where i am not getting convinced. Again a 10 time increase in price.

Yes you are right, 10X of Prize always doesnt mean they improve the quality of Music increase. It applies not only for Cables for whole AV.

Robustness,Build quality,Components used, Long life, warranty are included in the Prize.

Gold is the best conductor for frequency (as per my understanding) and Fiber optic is the update technology to pass the signals.

Since the AV also USED for Luxury for few people, they might choose the costly(Band value) in their chain, neither bother about the exact value of the equipment.

Thanks Srisaikat. Its great to know that our FMs can make out differences in detailed sounding interconnects and make comparisons which till date i was never able to do after trying hard. May be I am missing something in the audio chain which prevents me to listen and pin-point the change. Wondering if somone can help me with this?

I have the same problem. Like you I also belong to the camp of cable disbelievers. And I have burnt a tidy sum in experimenting. I have a good revealing system and speakers. I have never been able to make out difference between good cables (something costing in 3 figures or something costing 5 figures). However hard I try, I can always make out that the stereo system is trying to fool me. Happily, Gone are the days when I was hung up about cables and system. Now days, I just play the music, switch off the lights, close my eyes and gulp some brown/golden colored liquid and enjoy the music. Switching off the lights, helps my brain getting fooled a bit into realizing the presence of a soundstage. There is another way, I have discovered, which is good for me (far cheaper than buying costly cables and equipment) to enjoy the music, but I can't talk about that here :)

Hearing is not only about your ears. It is also about the brain. The ear pinna or auricle plays an important role in this. The twists and folds of the pinna enhance high frequency (pitched) sounds and also help us to determine the direction of the sound source. Sounds coming from the front and sides are slightly enhanced as they are directed into the ear canal while sounds from behind are slightly reduced. This helps us to hear what we are looking at while reducing some of the distracting background noise coming from behind. Your brain along with eyes, vibration on skin looks for cues to decipher the artificial construction of the original sound coming from two speakers and construct a realistic image of the original sound. IMHO Sometimes the cue can be the cost, looks of the cable, system and speakers too. No amount of physics, explaining LCR will help the brain.

How We Hear: External, Middle & Inner Ear ~ Audiology Awareness Campaign

StereoTimes -- Ear Pinna and Realism in Music Reproduction

You can do some tests using LEDR tracks. Try the LEDR up left and LEDR up right and see if you get fooled into believing that the sound is moving up. My son can feel the sound moving up, but I cannot. My son can feel the sound depth in tracks, I cannot. My brain is simply not getting fooled. As far as my wife is concerned, she cannot differentiate the sound from a kitchen clock radio or my expensive system (enough to buy a car). The female species is quite different.

My guess is that these tracks will not work for you too.

Take Me to Your LEDR! Page 1 | Stereophile.com

You can download the LEDR tracks here
http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_ledr.php

Last edited:
As far as my wife is concerned, she cannot differentiate the sound from a kitchen clock radio or my expensive system (enough to buy a car). The female species is quite different.

Can't agree more on this :lol:. I thought this was only with me.

I totally agree with what you talked about. For a while I was trying to "measure" the sound from my system and trying to improve it. I reached no where. Now I just do what you are doing. Just switch off all the main lights in my listening room, close my eyes, lean back and enjoy the music.

I think the key is to turn off the lights so that you DO NOT see the speakers or just close your eyes. I do feel a dramatic improvement in music enjoyment.

Just my 2 cents.

@ Audio Freak

I am not comparing a Rs.25/- cable with a Rs.250/- cable. Certainly there will be a difference between both of them due to poor contact resistance, guage and conductor purity. A 10 time increase in price.

I am comparing a Rs.250/- cable with a Rs.2500/- one. Here is where i am not getting convinced. Again a 10 time increase in price.

Hello Hari,
I am not a frequenter in this forum but came upon your post.
Cables do make a large difference in sound. Price is not always the determining factor. Many inexpensive cables can sound good. Ears are the judge.

But for the ears to be the judge you have to have some caliber of a high-end system and also, critically, the patience to really listen for the subtleties in the details of the instruments being played. Part of this hobby that develops this skill of the ear is listening to music earnestly as a primary activity. Just as with any activity that you work at to learn, the more you do it the better you get. The more you listen earnestly, the better your mind/ears will become at noticing subtle changes. And as with anything you learn how good you become is a matter of practice and innate ability (like basketball, you will get better at it the more you play).

The thing is, once you begin training your mind/ears, very quickly what you hear clearly for difference becomes a big deal.
Just like once you get better at tennis a walmart racquet becomes clearly inferior to something better made. The average tennis player would never notice the difference.
(And this sorta sums up the bickering on this point in this forum, btw)

I am not familiar with the equipment you have. I have been doing high end audio for over 30 years after getting introduced to a high end systems in my 20's (Back when I thought CDs sounded good until hearing a high end system and what good analogue can do and cds could not do).

If you are serious about this and do spend time listening to music in earnest and would like some advice to setup some decent equipment for an honest comparison that will bring out the differences lets chat.

Your ears will be the judge. We can chat on this as well on what you want to listen for.

Last edited:
^^^
i wrote pretty much the same thing and then just didnt bother to press the post button

please visit a decent setup

Mumbai has some pretty accommodating dealers
Grattan in Juhu has a lovely setup
even a change in the DIGITAL cable can be heard within a few seconds into the song

Those who are in mumbai can always visit

Can you give some more names of hifi dealers in Mumbai who are friendly.....even if I don't buy anything ? I bet they are better set up than many homes !

You can do some tests using LEDR tracks. Try the LEDR up left and LEDR up right and see if you get fooled into believing that the sound is moving up.

I won't ever have anything of value to add to a cable thread, and I have not come across a single thread on any forum where any good comes of discussing cables.

So why am I posting here ?

This LEDR bit I know about, firsthand. The illusion works. I have posted previously about using the LEDR tracks to position my speakers.

Since you say it is not working (well ?) for you I add this link here.

http://www.musicdirect.com/documents/pdf/ANORDSSTD.pdf

ciao
gr

Please read the articles about belief engine by a psychologist which I have posted couple of weeks ago. Since I strongly believe that cables don't matter much,I can never ever make out the difference even if subjectively proved. If you can prove it objectively then it's a different issue.

Hello Hari,
I am not a frequenter in this forum but came upon your post.
Cables do make a large difference in sound. Price is not always the determining factor. Many inexpensive cables can sound good. Ears are the judge.

But for the ears to be the judge you have to have some caliber of a high-end system and also, critically, the patience to really listen for the subtleties in the details of the instruments being played. Part of this hobby that develops this skill of the ear is listening to music earnestly as a primary activity. Just as with any activity that you work at to learn, the more you do it the better you get. The more you listen earnestly, the better your mind/ears will become at noticing subtle changes. And as with anything you learn how good you become is a matter of practice and innate ability (like basketball, you will get better at it the more you play).

The thing is, once you begin training your mind/ears, very quickly what you hear clearly for difference becomes a big deal.
Just like once you get better at tennis a walmart racquet becomes clearly inferior to something better made. The average tennis player would never notice the difference.
(And this sorta sums up the bickering on this point in this forum, btw)

I am not familiar with the equipment you have. I have been doing high end audio for over 30 years after getting introduced to a high end systems in my 20's (Back when I thought CDs sounded good until hearing a high end system and what good analogue can do and cds could not do).

If you are serious about this and do spend time listening to music in earnest and would like some advice to setup some decent equipment for an honest comparison that will bring out the differences lets chat.

Your ears will be the judge. We can chat on this as well on what you want to listen for.

Please read the articles about belief engine by a psychologist which I have posted couple of weeks ago. Since I strongly believe that cables don't matter much,I can never ever make out the difference even if subjectively proved. If you can prove it objectively then it's a different issue.

Indeed, the "belief engine" is quite powerful. As I said earlier, the same setup with the same cables, same amp, same speakers sound lifelike for my son but doesn't for me. The LEDR UP, DOWN work for him but not for me. I can easily pinpoint that the sound is coming from the woofer when it is supposed to play it at the bottom and the sound is coming from the tweeter when the sound is supposed to move up. I can always make out that artificialness in the sound. Initially I thought, that it was the high frequency response of my son's ear. He can easily hear 20 Khz test tone. Mine stops at 17 KHz. But then, I always enjoy music in a un-amplified live setup and I don't feel that the sound coming is artificial. The construction of your outer ear makes a huge difference in perceiving the direction of the sound. One of things I notice (in which I lose the sense of direction and the music sounds natural) is when I cover the back of the ear with my palm or turn the ear lobes towards the front. In fact, I even thought of making a music hat which covers the back of the ears and also patent it. A musical hat that would sell for few thousand dollars, cryogenically treated fabric, directing the silky velvety vocals inside your ears, etc. Using microphones, I would also be able to show convincing graphs which shows the difference (with the hat and without the hat).

Maybe for people like you and me, the critical thinking unit is strong and is immediately able to sense the artificial nature of electronic sound.

The Belief Engine - CSI

In the end, there always be a fight between cable believers and non-cable believers, atheists and non-atheists, our religious beliefs vs someone of other religion.

Beliefs are generated by the belief engine without any automatic concern for truth. Concern for truth is a higher order acquired cognitive orientation that reflects an underlying philosophy which presupposes an objective reality that is not always perceived by our senses.

The belief engine chugs away, strengthening old beliefs, spewing out new ones, rarely discarding any. We can sometimes see the error or foolishness in other peoples beliefs. It is very difficult to see the same in our own. Experience is often a poor guide to reality. Skepticism helps us to question our experience and to avoid being too readily led to believe what is not so. When people say let your ears be the judge, they forget that it is the brain that is the judge.

Last edited:
Hearing is not only about your ears. It is also about the brain. The ear pinna or auricle plays an important role in this. The twists and folds of the pinna enhance high frequency (pitched) sounds and also help us to determine the direction of the sound source. Sounds coming from the front and sides are slightly enhanced as they are directed into the ear canal while sounds from behind are slightly reduced. This helps us to hear what we are looking at while reducing some of the distracting background noise coming from behind. Your brain along with eyes, vibration on skin looks for cues to decipher the artificial construction of the original sound coming from two speakers and construct a realistic image of the original sound. IMHO Sometimes the cue can be the cost, looks of the cable, system and speakers too. No amount of physics, explaining LCR will help the brain.

How We Hear: External, Middle & Inner Ear ~ Audiology Awareness Campaign

StereoTimes -- Ear Pinna and Realism in Music Reproduction

You can do some tests using LEDR tracks. Try the LEDR up left and LEDR up right and see if you get fooled into believing that the sound is moving up. My son can feel the sound moving up, but I cannot. My son can feel the sound depth in tracks, I cannot. My brain is simply not getting fooled. As far as my wife is concerned, she cannot differentiate the sound from a kitchen clock radio or my expensive system (enough to buy a car). The female species is quite different.

My guess is that these tracks will not work for you too.

Take Me to Your LEDR! Page 1 | Stereophile.com

You can download the LEDR tracks here
Online LEDR? Sound Test | Listening Environment Diagnostic Recording Test

I just performed the LEDR tracks test with my headphone system, I have no problem defining the directions for each track. I am happy that my brain get fooled :rolleyes: so easily by the system (Audio-gd DAC with headphone amp and Etymotic ER-4S). They just working at their best including my ear till now to make me fool :eek:! Ok, I am not in the team of fortunate people.

I am yet to do the same test with my speakers system, will share once it is done.

I am happy that my brain get fooled :rolleyes: so easily by the system (Audio-gd DAC with headphone amp and Etymotic ER-4S). <snip>I am yet to do the same test with my speakers system, will share once it is done.

The brain uses cues from changes in amplitude, frequency, delays from reflection and such like to figure out the direction of sound.

Stereo is all moh-maaya/ illusion.

The LEDR make clever use of the cues the brain uses to make sound arc appear from behind the sound stage and hang above the speakers. It is very useful to get speakers positioned right, I've thought that if they don't sound quite right, nothing else can/ will in that arrangement of speakers.

It will be interesting to hear your results. But it mostly a certainty that it will work as advertised because though you did not use these tracks for setup you have your speakers positioned correctly.

ciao
gr

Galileo, Newton, and many others began and contirbuted to science because of keen observation at the start and then trained and tested what their senses told them and then worked to describe it in a scientific manner. But it all starts with keen observation and the use of our senses.

Measurements leading to "objectivity" will come at some point to this edge of fine audio reproduction and what many of us can currently clearly hear under repeatid condititions on good caliber audio systems.

So have you acutally tried this comparison on a decent audio system? Have you ever heard a decent audio system?

If not, you can certainly continue to believe what you think is true and believe what you read from others who support what you think you know.
But if you are on this forum I suggest you build your own unique experiences. You may be surprised at what you will learn once you begin in earnest to use your own ears.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back