HiMedia OWNERSHIP THREAD

I have been using my Himedia 900b playing movie files from externally connected HDD.

I had bought a WD Green 2TB internal HDD and plan to install in the 900B.

After inserting the HDD should we format from the Himedia 900b menu options?

can anyone share their experience?

Thanks

Hello All!

What have you upgraded to after Himedia players?

So far my Himedia 600B is still chugging along.

Lately I have been scratching to itch support for h.265 which is missing in Himedia 600B.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello All!

What have you upgraded to after Himedia players?

So far my Himedia 600B is still chugging along.

Lately I have been scratching to itch support for h.265 which is missing in Himedia 600B.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hi go for zidoo 9 x .you will not regret.both audio and video quality is awesome..i have used both himedia and zidoo .but zidoo is class apart

Hi go for zidoo 9 x .you will not regret.both audio and video quality is awesome..i have used both himedia and zidoo .but zidoo is class apart
I just went to the Zidoo website. They have so many options that it left me confused. How does one select a media streamer?

I just went to the Zidoo website. They have so many options that it left me confused. How does one select a media streamer?
Just buy the basic one zidoo x9. All other models have got same audio and video quality.if your budget permits then go for neo series which has got tidal connect and audio dac.

Just buy the basic one zidoo x9. All other models have got same audio and video quality.if your budget permits then go for neo series which has got tidal connect and audio dac.
Thanks, I assume you mean the Z9X Pro. Is there a showroom in Mumbai (preferably South Mumbai) where one can see these products?

Since video streamers generally output to HDMI and audio steamers generally output to SPDIF (Toslink/Coax) doesn't it make sense to have separate boxes for audio and video?

Thanks, I assume you mean the Z9X Pro. Is there a showroom in Mumbai (preferably South Mumbai) where one can see these products?

Since video streamers generally output to HDMI and audio steamers generally output to SPDIF (Toslink/Coax) doesn't it make sense to have separate boxes for audio and video?
Not Pro version.its z9 x.

The 9x, I think, might be discontinued. The choices now are Z9X PRO, Z10 PRO, Z20 PRO, Z1000 PRO, Z2000 PRO, Z2600, UHD3000, UHD5000, Neo Alpha, Neo X, Neo S and the (audio only) Eversolo DMP A6.
Official dealer is there in bangalore.if you want i can share his number.he also gives about 10-15 percent discount

Navin, The Z9x will take care of virtually everything that most people need as far as offline playback goes. I've been using one for video playback for a while, and I'm very happy with it.

The Z9x Pro is the current version with a more powerful processor. (I also think it might be usable for online streaming). It is quite a bit pricier in India in comparison to the international price.

A call to the folks at Melodymedia will clear up any specific questions you'll have about features and comparisons between players.

Official dealer is there in bangalore.if you want i can share his number.he also gives about 10-15 percent discount
Navin, The Z9x will take care of virtually everything that most people need as far as offline playback goes.
Thanks. I still use a Tata Sky Set Top Box. I don't watch too much TV. If I want to see a play or a movie, I go to the theater.

The kids have gotten my wife and I accounts (family accounts) on all the OTT platforms on my TV (which is supposed to be "smart"). I used them once or twice and promptly forgot since we weren't in the habit.

Newbie question: What does the Z9x do that my TV, an Nvidia Sheild Pro, or an Apple TV box do not? We have Ajay Kamath's iBox solution, but we use this to watch legacy movies (from the 1950s and 60s).

Newbie question 2: Sometimes, the kids tell us to watch some TV series or movie. But we forget if it's on Netflix, Amazon, Mubi, Hotstar etc. How do we figure this out? Can a search engine find the movie for us across all platforms? Currently, we resort to the Tata Sky Box and watch whatever sports they offer.

Last edited:
The 9x, I think, might be discontinued. The choices now are Z9X PRO, Z10 PRO, Z20 PRO, Z1000 PRO, Z2000 PRO, Z2600, UHD3000, UHD5000, Neo Alpha, Neo X, Neo S and the (audio only) Eversolo DMP A6.
Official dealer is there in bangalore.if you want i can share his number.he also gives about 15 percent discount
Newbie question: What does the Z9x do that an Nvidia Sheild Pro or an Apple TV box do not?
Z9x is only media player.we can't stream Netflix and other channels.its an excellent 4k media player.video quality for mkv files is awesome especially Dolby v10 engine.pictrue quality and colour reproduction is excellent.
Audio seperation and Atmos is way above nvidia.
Surrounds nvidia are muffled but on zidoo it's clear and louder.

I forgot to reply to this. I am in Mumbai and know Melodymedia (Hydra seems to have remembered that).

I do not have a library of movies, so I was looking for a streaming solution capable of finding movies across different streaming channels. Looking for movies has been one deterrent for my wife and I.

Thanks for your help.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back