HiMedia OWNERSHIP THREAD

hello everyone!

is there any way of determining what DAC does a Himedia HD900B have? or does anyone know about it? i started using it since y'day to play music on my floorstanders in conjuction with my amp. liked the SQ.

hey guys its been long since i have been here :)

I have Himedia 600a player without wiifi adapter which adapter should i buy online? I can't really seem to find any info on it ?

anyone knows what happened with Raghu, he hasn't replied to my email too ?

thx!

Raghu has closed his shop on Sarjapur Road. I had been there last week to check on faulty himedia player and the neighbor shop guy mentioned that he has closed the shop couple of months ago.

Does anyone know of someone who does himedia repair?

Raghu has closed his shop on Sarjapur Road. I had been there last week to check on faulty himedia player and the neighbor shop guy mentioned that he has closed the shop couple of months ago.

Ops, I had Plan to buy one for me next month from Raghu:sad:

Anyone knows, Where i can get the HIMEDIA 600B in Bangalore?
Also let me know the Price and feature difference between 600B,800B,900B

I have misplaced the power adapter of my HD600F. I see in the input jack it is 5v. Can someone confirm the exact spec?

Hi everybody,
i had been using Himedia 900B, since last one year and its very good till date.
its little slow to boot 2TB HDD and all but overall its great.

Does anybody here know how to buy new remote control for Himedia 900B media player?

due to liquid outflux from its power batteries, i got it damaged. its very hard to operate from player itself while watching....
I bought it from detna , banglore. after reading good reviews about "raghu".

thanx .

Buy a logitech harmony URC. The cheapest one will cost you around 1K. You can program it for himedia players from the software.

Buy a logitech harmony URC. The cheapest one will cost you around 1K. You can program it for himedia players from the software.

Baiju,

Could you help me with the link\ contact for purchasing 600c as Detna is not selling this Model.

What would be the current Price for this Model In India?

thanks for your help

I have a Himedia 900b and I had connected a 1 TB external USB drive which has all my media files.

I need help from members owning himedia 900b on how to make the himedia 900b to be the server and all other WiFi enabled laptops and Smart TV in my home to access through the 900B's WiFi.

I am not an expert in networking and so if someone can give me step by step instructions it will help a lot.

I don't think you can make the player act as a server. I think the best and the cheapest way is to use a router with media streaming capability where it streams media through the USB connected drives. Alternatively, you can connect hd to your PC and then access the same through media sharing from all your devices either through wifi or cable network. Thanks!

I have 600B and it can serve files through smb protocol (windows file sharing). Check for a menu item called "Samba Process" in your "Settings" menu

I have a Himedia 900b and I had connected a 1 TB external USB drive which has all my media files.

I need help from members owning himedia 900b on how to make the himedia 900b to be the server and all other WiFi enabled laptops and Smart TV in my home to access through the 900B's WiFi.

I am not an expert in networking and so if someone can give me step by step instructions it will help a lot.

I am not sure how you can make devices access 900B's wifi, but this is what I do.

I believe you want other devices in your house to be able to read media files on the HDD connected to 900B.

I do the same in the following manner.

I have a wired connection (LAN) from my DSL+Wifi router to Himedia player.
Samba process is on
Manually create an IP address in the himedia player...take care that it doesn't conflict with other devices. using address like 192.168.1.8 or 192.168.1.9 would be good because automatic IP addresses start from .1
On the computer, which is connected in the same network, wifi or wired, just click on "run" then enter "\\192.168.1.X" without quotes and where x is the ip address of the himedia player and voila! Now you can see all files on the HDD connected to the player.

Hi I have a problem running HD movies with 7.1 Surround in my HiMedia 900B.

If I select HD Audio 7.1 in the audio setting and play through my denon AVR, the HD 7.1 movies become sluggish and do not output sound. If I change to HD audio 5.1 it plays well in 5.1.

If any member has tried this and has similar problem please help out.

Am i making the setting properly? Some snaps of the menu

Last edited:
Guys i lost my remote controle of H600B model.
Could some one suggest how i can get another remote or any other universel remote which i can use?

Hi All,

Currently I don't have any HiMedia players. But currently thinking to buy one mainly for playing 3DBD iso files. Below are some concerns which will be good if I get some input from FM who are using HiMedia players.

1. Can it play 3DBD iso files, i.e. of size 45GB?
2. Does the player play all the 3DBD iso files irrespective of region code?
3. What about the PQ and SQ?

Thanks in advance.

Guys i lost my remote controle of H600B model.
Could some one suggest how i can get another remote or any other universel remote which i can use?

Get a basic Logitech Harmony URC. Himedia remote is available in their database.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back