HiMedia OWNERSHIP THREAD

kpit

MBR: THIS THREAD IS NOW RENAMED AS HIMEDIA PLAYER OWNERSHIP THREAD. POST ALL YOUR QUERIES/FEEDBACK ABOUT HIMEDIA PLAYER IN THIS THREAD

Hi,

I am planning to buy a media player. I have done some research and narrowed down to the below 2 players:

From the Specs HiMedia looks feature rich and also it has the better/latest chipset Realtek 1185. I am not sure if this chipset performs better or equal to SMP8655 in terms of Video quality.
Also this product is released in May 2011. So not sure if this is stable enough to compete with WD.
Here is the link for this product:
HD600B - Products - HiMedia

And after reading all different reviews I got enough confidence on WD TV LIVE and it is available for Rs5700/- in India.

Please advise me if I can get HiMedia HD600B or HD600A from any Indian seller and its price details.

In case I could not get HiMedia in Inidia and within Rs 7000/- I would decide to go with WD TV LIVE if any dealer available in Pune (let me know if you know any dealer of WD TV LIVE in Pune).

Also just interested to know if there is any difference between WD TV LIVE and WD TV LIVE PLUS in terms of Chipset Video quality.

Regards
Lokam Vasu

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: HiMedia HD600B or WD TV LIVE in India Pune

the player looks interesting, definately better than WD TV LIVE.....
let me know if you manage to find seller in India.

Himedia players are available only from hongkong sellers , One needs to buy direct in U.S. pricing. I am thinking of getting the same , just waiting for xtreamer prodigy price to be announced.

The pricing for Xtreamer Prodigy and Sidewinder 2 have been announced.

I have a paypal account. How much will it cost including shipping? Any idea?

The below is the response I got from HiMedia company.

HD600A: 95 USD
HD600A WIFI: 107USD

HD600B:122USD
HD600B WIFI:135USD

They didnt include shipping price. if you want to know how much of shipping price, then whats your address and which one you would like to buy?
After I helped you checked shipping company, then you will know .

and I inquired that for HD600A: 95 USD, the shipping cost would be around $35

Any specific reason for not considering WDTV Live Hub? WDTV Live hub includes 1 TB Hard disk as well.

features wise this is far beyond WDTV LIVE. Regarding WDTV LIVE HUB - it is costlier for about INR 11000. Where as I guess HD600B can be around INR 8000 including shipping charges.

features wise this is far beyond WDTV LIVE. Regarding WDTV LIVE HUB - it is costlier for about INR 11000. Where as I guess HD600B can be around INR 8000 including shipping charges.

Can you share the himedia people contact , who quoted you that price?

Does WD Live Hub has BitTorrent client? I am not able to find much information.

Some Transmission client is being mentioned in few sites.

But in many forums it is also mentioned that WD Live Hub seems to be locked from root, so that custom Firmware cannot be installed.

For me torrent client is must requirement.

Otherwise WD Live Hub seems to be worth, as 1TB 2.5'' HDD also would cost around 4K. And WD Live Hub is available for Rs10199 at ebay.

Also with warranty.

Last edited:

Looks like they are accepting pay pal. But I wish xtreamer was not delayed till mid september.

Does anyone know when will be the Xtreamer Sidewinder2 and Xtreamer prodigy announced/available in Indian market and most importantly for what price range....?

Looking at the specs.. Hd600B and Sindewinder2 are close to each other. except that xtreamer with 2.5" HDD and HD600B with 3.5" HDD. I am still thinking of HiMedia instead of Xtreamer..

Suggest me if any other views and openions..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back