HiMedia OWNERSHIP THREAD

How much can i expect for a year old Himedia HD600B? Looking to restart the htpc for gaming

dear vishig,
my 2 cents.

there must be Owner`s Manual , within the box, kindly go thru it. It must help you.

If it wasnt there, than find it online, it should be there, i had found Owners Manual of my Himedia 900B online,

and when you start it first time , it must have asked you for selecting the language, try to figure that out.
If still its not working than try to Google Translate to change the language, while translating on your ipad and trying to get the meaning.

one small hole in the player will have a reset switch..press that with a pin. i t will go to default 'english;)'

I don't remember whether there is an option for checking drive space in the player. But you can connect the player to your pc using a usb cable and the hdd will appear as a drive in your computer.

Hi guys,

I need help, Earlier I had WD Media player (First gen), now its gone kaput, remote not working, i wanted to change it earlier also since it stopped playing recent mkv files.

Now coming to the point, i am going to buy new media player, budget is within 10-12k.

Please suggest a media player for my following requirements:

1. I dont want 3D playback.
2. Excellent picture quality.
3. Minimal audio playback.
4. Will be connecting it with Yamaha RX-V463 receiver (DTS capable).
5. Will watch on Panasonic Plasma 42 inches.

So mainly i want good picture quality and good interface. Like movie details etc.
No HTPC please. Was thinking of WD Live (3rd Gen)

Regards

Dear Gurus,

Please advise me on HD 600 A component connection to my Sony wega trinitron Component . I can see only one port on HD 600 A where as Sony is having Y/Cb/Cr. What to do ? Is there any kindaa special cable or convertor available in the market?
Regards,
Mangesh

I think you can use the composite output of player to connect to composite in of tv. But the PQ is not great with composite.

hai,
Recently i got a Himedia 600a through one of my friend I dont to know how to operate
avery thing in chinees language
any one can help me

thanks,
Alexkz

There is option to change the language under settings. Look for the settings icon and try different settings. I hope it has a manual in different language.

An easy way will be to download the latest firmware from himedia website and upgrade the player. Download the firmware to a pendrive and insert it in the usb port of the player. There should be a small reset button behind the player concealed under a small hole. Using a pin press this button and turn on the player Do not release the pin until you see the firmware upgrade dialog.

Himedia HD900B Owners: Have any of you tried the Component Video Out or SPDIF Coaxial Out connections in your player? Do they work?

I have owned hd900B for four months now. It seems the build quality is not par with WDTV. The center portion of the front panel has bulged out from the casing and it is now in the shape of an arc. it seems the glue which hold it to the unit at center has failed. I tried to reach detna but the technical person was not available. I will carry the unit next time I travel to bangalore and see if something can be done about it.

Just curios if anybody else has this issue?

I have owned hd900B for four months now. It seems the build quality is not par with WDTV. The center portion of the front panel has bulged out from the casing and it is now in the shape of an arc. it seems the glue which hold it to the unit at center has failed. I tried to reach detna but the technical person was not available. I will carry the unit next time I travel to bangalore and see if something can be done about it.

Just curios if anybody else has this issue?

sad to know that! even i have the same model. perhaps one of a few cases. but not good that a himedia unit should embarrass its owner in such a manner.

* has anyone here used the BD-drive that raghu is selling for the himedia 900B? does it integrate & work well with the player?

Last edited:
I bought himedia 900b this week, there are some problems with the software but playback, streaming from wifi are perfect. But for me media library option is not working.

In the main menu nothing happens when i press ok over movies, music or photo. Even in file manager when i press green button "Add media library" is greyed out. I updated the firmware to latest version still can't find a way to sort this out.

I am using 1tb WD 3.0 external hard disk. Can someone help on this issue ?

Is it possible to simply browse the folder (from internal HDD and NAS) and play the files (both video and audio) in himedia 900b player

Yes. There is file browser and you can select the file to play. The library mode is useful in listing out movies, music and images.

Friends,

I own a HD600A. Has anyone here used an external DVD drive with the Himedia HD600A? Since I don't have a dvd player, i think buying an external DVD drive is a cheaper option than going for a standalone DVD player.

For comparison, An external DVD drive would cost around 1800. it will be connected via USB while the HD600A is connected via HDMI to AVR.

While A standalone DVD player with HDMI would cost in the upwards of 4000.......And as far as i have read reviews the upscaling in DVD players is a gimmick.

so,
1. What is better....External drive or standalone DVD player?
2. Would i get 5.1 output from the external drive?
3. If someone is using external drive, please let me know your experience.
4. Do we get region free external drive? (original DVDs that I have are from region 2, 3 & 5, all bought from within India)

I bought himedia 900b this week, there are some problems with the software but playback, streaming from wifi are perfect. But for me media library option is not working.

In the main menu nothing happens when i press ok over movies, music or photo. Even in file manager when i press green button "Add media library" is greyed out. I updated the firmware to latest version still can't find a way to sort this out.

I am using 1tb WD 3.0 external hard disk. Can someone help on this issue ?

I found a fix in another forumn and my issue was fixed. Just sharing here if someone else has the same issue.

For external Hard disk to appear in media library it has to be formatted using the player. After format when i plugged into PC, it shows as internal drive rather external.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back