Hindi Film LPs

akd

Hi, to all who are addicted to HFM LPs

why can't we start a thread (may be this one, if Moderator finds it to be misplaced it can be put in the right place) regarding availability of HFM records?

the reasons are plenty
1. Many of us (including me) live in places where LPs have died while metros are still best place to get records
2. Hindi film records are too costly online, and most of the time they are not the worth what is asked for
3. We among ourselves can share what is available where and I have no issue collecting and sending something to someone in this forum if I can manage a LP
4. May be sometime I want to dispose off a few out of my choice which some one else is looking for

this whole idea will definitely help us.......now up to you all

I think those who stays in metros and frequently embark on vinyl hunt will be extremely helpful, as for me I visit Kolkata twice/thrice a year

lets see if this materializes.....

cheers
Arnab

Arnab, there are a large number of threads discussing this topic. Please search the forum before starting a thread.

Cheers

Hi arnab.
Having a general thread for all film titles is good. I take it, u are specifically referring to the indian lps which are only available with footpath dealers/kabadis. Gettinv em cheaper from ppl who have em is a nice idea. I personally am in touch with a few guys who have 5-8 hundred movie lps .
I guess common titles arent big issue right now but already, old movie vinyls are getting expensive.
For the start, I suggest get the songs that are regular on fm radio. Also recommended is rd burman numbers. Titles that have some non film/classical/folk person crooning a number shd also be taken eg reshma in hero or ghulam ali z awargi. Grab Such titles irrespective of your taste. Their demand will soar for sure

Yes, I have searched and I only got some posts in bits and pieces, and the only thread that is active for long is "what I am listening", thats why I started this thread, however, if members feel it will be in excess, this thread can be let die its natural death

entsurgeon, nice suggestion, though I was not thinking entirely of my own benefits, my experience says HERO is available almost everywhere but JALPARI is not so easily

anyway, seems this thread doesn't have any prospect

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back