Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

That garbage of a remote from hisense is so frustrating that I feel like smashing it and everytime I remind myself to look for an alternative remote. Probably a bluetooth remote should work with this.
I would 100% opt for an alternative option if I find any. Yes its a budget category tv, but still not cheap enough for that quality.

My other tv is a C9, and the LG remote is light years ahead in all metrics - build quality, ergonomics, function.

I would 100% opt for an alternative option if I find any. Yes its a budget category tv, but still not cheap enough for that quality.

My other tv is a C9, and the LG remote is light years ahead in all metrics - build quality, ergonomics, function.
One man's gold is another man's garbage and vice versa! :p (though I'm not sure if the G1 and C9 have the same remote).

I have the G1 but i absolutely loathe the remote. Compared to it, even the Mi TV 4X comes with a much easier and unfussy remote to use.

But the best is the Sony remote. Does not look fancy but it's easy to hold (albeit, just a bit too long) but more importantly, the keys are easy to press i.e. the tactile feel and actuation force is perfect, and it registers key strokes without fail or any fuss.

That garbage of a remote from hisense is so frustrating that I feel like smashing it and everytime I remind myself to look for an alternative remote. Probably a bluetooth remote should work with this.
Perhaps something like this?

though I'm not sure if the G1 and C9 have the same remote
Checked, small changes in the overall shape, but essentially the same remote still.
I have read negative feedback about the lg remote in many places, it's a polarizing one. I, for one, even find the air mouse thingy useful 😄

Anyone had any chance to side by side compare the VU Masterpiece Glo(U7G in Thailand) with this made in India "U6G"..??

Checked, small changes in the overall shape, but essentially the same remote still.
I have read negative feedback about the lg remote in many places, it's a polarizing one. I, for one, even find the air mouse thingy useful 😄
Congrats on your buy .Have you considered few other models in the 65 " Category before reaching upon Hisense .While checking in Amazon User Reviews it has not got such +ve reviews though considered good in this forum .

Congrats on your buy .Have you considered few other models in the 65 " Category before reaching upon Hisense .While checking in Amazon User Reviews it has not got such +ve reviews though considered good in this forum .
Had checked some models around that price range, up to 1.1 lakh, in a nearby Croma. Included a Samsung crystal something, a Sony x80J (probably). All of them had rather disappointing picture quality, atleast to me.

And I had gotten good reviews about the U6G from people I know, hence went with it.

The picture quality for the price will not disappoint. But if you want peace of mind in terms of after sales service, my suggestion would be to stick to LG/Samsung.

I agree. It's quite useful and when i used it for the first time on an LG TV, i was immediately convinced.

However, insofar as the G1 remote is concerned, the centre button is so incredibly difficult to press that it marks down the entire experience. The actuation force required coupled with the surface area present to accomplish said task and the fact that said button also doubles up as a vertical scroll/track ball has resulted in an ergonomic disaster.

Selecting anything through the remote, air mouse or not, is nigh impossible.

Hi all,

I have the Toshiba U79 55 (2020's darling on this forum). I get an exchange value of 18499 until Oct 2022 on Flipkart. Would it be a worthy upgrade to U6G? Approx cost 35k after exchange and Card discount.

Or should I wait as my current TV is not bad or old?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have the Toshiba U79 55 (2020's darling on this forum). I get an exchange value of 18499 until Oct 2022 on Flipkart. Would it be a worthy upgrade to U6G? Approx cost 35k after exchange and Card discount.

Hi all,

I don't think you will see any difference. I have the same tv and it's fantastic.
Only issue is it's smart tv platform. I uses a firestick 4k.
U6g can be a good upgrade only if going 65 inch.

Saw a review on YouTube by VM which claims the new Toshiba m550lp has higher brightness than the U6G as per his tests. Any thoughts on the Toshiba M550 vs the U6G?

Saw a review on YouTube by VM which claims the new Toshiba m550lp has higher brightness than the U6G as per his tests. Any thoughts on the Toshiba M550 vs the U6G?

Most of the Indian youtuber reviewers are idiots, ignore them. Toshiba itself says this TV has 400 nits peak brightness. Just reading the specifications would have removed your doubts.

U7H seems to be IPS, so I would be eyeing 65U6G (already have a 55U6G). Looking forward to 60-65K pricing in big billion/amazon sale. Currently the best price seems to be around 69k @amazon.

U7H seems to be IPS, so I would be eyeing 65U6G (already have a 55U6G). Looking forward to 60-65K pricing in big billion/amazon sale. Currently the best price seems to be around 69k @amazon.
but it says the pricing will end in 2 days. what if they hike up the price. as they saying this is some sort of kick starter deal.

I am planning to get 65 inch U6G. purely for movies and OTT purpose. hopefully it will satisfy me, as i like to watch lots of Thirller/horror movies, which are mostly dark.

but it says the pricing will end in 2 days. what if they hike up the price. as they saying this is some sort of kick starter deal.

I am planning to get 65 inch U6G. purely for movies and OTT purpose. hopefully it will satisfy me, as i like to watch lots of Thirller/horror movies, which are mostly dark.
Wow.. thats seems to be a great price - 64K(68k - 4k(sbi)).

I see it at 68k for 65 inch on amazon plus sbi offer. There is also a 2 year no cost emi. You can probably pay off in full and get a further discount.

U6G 65 inch is retailing at 67,990 + 5% ICICI cashback = effectively around 64.5K and it says deal ends in 2 days. am worried if price for this alone shoots up in BB Sale :(

Also now with 2 year warranty by default

1663590658471.png

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back