Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

why not rather wait for Samsung Q90A 50". It will be the smallest sibling in family of flagship series of Samsung TVs. It might not go as bright as other sizes and might not come packed with same number of dimming zones but it still will be significant improvement over anything in this budget

Last year frame 55" was 75k and some bank offers. New 2021 model has any new changes or just new for the sake of high price tag?
This year all prices are high because of chip shortage and very high shipping charges. You can't buy the 2020 model anywhere either.
This 55" U6G has nothing amazing to offer in this price segment hence make it makes this an overpriced, unreliable new brand TV for the price of 60k INR.
It's a regular 60Hz panel with no MEMC. There is no new HDMI 2.1 or even HDMI eARC for your home theatre. There is no point for paying 60k for a 60Hz panel, for God's sake we are in 2021 now. Even cheap 13-14k phones have 120Hz panel in it, why are high refresh TVs are so heavily priced and nobody is offering in these budget brands?

Any updates for VU for 55" 120Hz TV with HDMI 2.1?
Very similar TV (U7980) was priced 48k last year. Prices are just higher this year and it will take till next year till prices are back.

+ This India model has got stands from U7G it seems by the flipkart/hisense india listings , better looking than amreekan U6g stands and with cable management(reason i felt u7g was launching)
+ Compared to amreekan model this one has Brightness 700 (Disclaimer still says peak brightness of 600 nits maybe a fooling gimmick)

This 55" U6G has nothing amazing to offer in this price segment hence make it makes this an overpriced, unreliable new brand TV for the price of 60k INR.
It's a regular 60Hz panel with no MEMC. There is no new HDMI 2.1 or even HDMI eARC for your home theatre. There is no point for paying 60k for a 60Hz panel, for God's sake we are in 2021 now. Even cheap 13-14k phones have 120Hz panel in it, why are high refresh TVs are so heavily priced and nobody is offering in these budget brands?

Any updates for VU for 55" 120Hz TV with HDMI 2.1?
What we are expecting in 60K...?
Ask Sony or Samsung to provide FALD in 60K 55".
According to Rtings review U6G scored 8+ in all the major use cases. Ask any other company to score that good, with a price tag of 60K.
What are our normal usage of a TV....Movies, watching shows on OTT, watching sports, casual gaming and as a Monitor in rare cases. Only hardcore gamer with PS5 or Xbox X can ask for a 120Hz panel with 2.1, VRR, Free sync/G-sync. If someone can afford a PS5 for an example, he/she is wealthy enough to go for an OLED. For the masses a 60Hz panel is more than enough.
If someone wants high end specifications, resources available with Sony/LG/Samsung. YES, They definitely have to bare premium price for those things. Hisense u6G is not for them.
Basically we don't have an end of expectations. :D But we have to settle with something that suits our pocket too.

Attachments

• U6G.jpg
    U6G.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 33
How is LG nanocel 86??? # 2020 model 55 inch , I need few feedback about this television,,

Even Bangalore pincode isn't working for me. Tried 560001 and 560071. Probably you're just lucky I guess.
Not luck, they don't deliver to some pincodes/areas. They don't deliver to my home(tier-3 city) nor my relative's address in Delhi but they deliver to some random pincodes I tried(Hyderabad).

It sucks. I wanted to buy this for 58K even without card discounts cause it's a good deal.

Not luck, they don't deliver to some pincodes/areas. They don't deliver to my home(tier-3 city) nor my relative's address in Delhi but they deliver to some random pincodes I tried(Hyderabad).

It sucks. I wanted to buy this for 58K even without card discounts cause it's a good deal.
Dude, just wait till the Flipkart BBD sale starts and then make a conclusion. This TV is supposed to be available then only. It's probably a bug that it's available in some pincodes as this TV is an exclusive BBD launch.

They deliver to my pincode but says delivery date will be Oct 17, guess they will just hold the order and deliver once available?

Is this only online exclusive, no offline stores?
Thought we can get hands on the stores.

Comparing with US pricing for TVs is pointless. LG C1 77" costs $3300 there and 8 lakhs here. There are massive import duties on components and 28% GST, and volumes are not even 1/100th in India. Not to mention that there's actual competition there for TVs. Here in India, this will be the only TV within 1 lakh to offer local dimming.

And if you add 28% GST to the 55 U6G price in the US, it's 55k INR. Not higher in India considering we also get bank offers which isn't a thing in the US.
It seems only the LG OLED range is cheaper in India than rest of the world.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back