Hisense U7H to launch in India during Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale

swwayn

I was waiting for the U6H to launch but it looks like Hisense is instead replacing it with the U7H.

Pricing : (Should be less than these with launch offers)
55inch - 57990
65inch - 79990

What do you guys think? There are not a lot of reviews of this online. Although RTINGS had reviewed the U7G last year and that was pretty good.

The one thing I did notice in the marketing material is the mention of IPS panel. So this might have lower contrast compared to U6G’s VA panel, but will need further details.

Based on their UK model the brightness is supposed to be just 600 nits.

Honestly seems like a downgrade compared to U6G. Definitely way worse than U7G in the US which was almost 1000 nits and more importantly VA.

I’d avoid this TV. IPS with local dimming and low zone count doesn’t go well. Would rather go for U6G unless you want the 4K 120Hz

N
Based on their UK model the brightness is supposed to be just 600 nits.

Honestly seems like a downgrade compared to U6G. Definitely way worse than U7G in the US which was almost 1000 nits and more importantly VA.

I’d avoid this TV. IPS with local dimming and low zone count doesn’t go well. Would rather go for U6G unless you want the 4K 120Hz
This seems to be the same model as VU masterpiece glo however in my testing I found it to be much brighter than 800nits advertised. To be me it seems closer to U8GQ.

N

This seems to be the same model as VU masterpiece glo however in my testing I found it to be much brighter than 800nits advertised. To be me it seems closer to U8GQ.
Vu glo might be a better panel as the VU is advertised 800 nits and this as 600.

If this is the same panel as the Vu, then then this is a great TV as it’s nearly 20k cheaper. You won’t get the contrast but with 1000 nits + some basic local dimming it’s gonna be great for living room.

Vu glo might be a better panel as the VU is advertised 800 nits and this as 600.

If this is the same panel as the Vu, then then this is a great TV as it’s nearly 20k cheaper. You won’t get the contrast but with 1000 nits + some basic local dimming it’s gonna be great for living room.
I can’t say for certain, it might be the same panel or it could be different. It doesn’t seems logical for VU to market the same TV as Hisense. They should have some anti competition agreement signed though I’m not sure. Regardless, VU masterpiece glo is definitely the same panel as Hisense U8GQ. I wish I could get my hands on review samples for TVs to test them out

Any news on the U8H?

I sent them an email asking for availability of U6H or U8H, however they keep insisting on calling me over the phone, and for some reason they're not able to reach any of my numbers. For a straightforward question which they could easily have clarified on email, they've been dragging for a week now. Honestly this feels like a red flag in case if I ever need their service.

I sent them an email asking for availability of U6H or U8H, however they keep insisting on calling me over the phone, and for some reason they're not able to reach any of my numbers. For a straightforward question which they could easily have clarified on email, they've been dragging for a week now. Honestly this feels like a red flag in case if I ever need their service.
Most companies and shops do not want to be held ( responsible) for any statement made by their representatives. One of the reasons why they will never give you a price quote etc in writing. I agree, they could have tried alternate methods to contact. Just two days back, I had a similar experience with youtube/ google.....

A shame! The U8H reactions seem really interesting. A very viable budget alternative to OLEDs

Tried mailing. No response. Hope someone gets something out of Hisense 😥
So I tried contacting Hisense India on Twitter and this is the response I got from them.
Also I don't think so it would make a difference because hisense is launching the downgraded version of the TVs just like in Europe and SA and so we will be getting the same shitty VIDAA OS here too 🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915_181051.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915_181051.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 48
So I tried contacting Hisense India on Twitter and this is the response I got from them.
Also I don't think so it would make a difference because hisense is launching the downgraded version of the TVs just like in Europe and SA and so we will be getting the same shitty VIDAA OS here too 🙃
Ya, I got something similar. The U8H is a no-brainer for my needs. Now unsure whether to get a C2 or wait 😢

Also calling @Alphaforest, I've seen your in depth review on VU Masterpiece which is very informative and covering enough details to help make buying decisions.

Do you also have any information on Hisense U7H launching in this sale on Amazon?

Check the amazon product page, new launches.
Advertised as having 'ips panel for wide viewing angle'
Could it be a regional thing? The USA version of the same TV seems to have a VA panel according to displayspecification.com

Could it be a regional thing? The USA version of the same TV seems to have a VA panel according to displayspecification.com

That's right.
US version have VA panel.
Don't know why they do this. Maybe ips is cheaper or maybe the average customer cares more about viewing angle than shallow contrast.
Last year's U6G is still a good option without 120hz refresh rate.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back