AV deals from amazon/flipkart.

Why do you need 2 HDMI? Can't you connect via displayport from a desktop/laptop to monitor.

Generally all monitors will come with 0/1 HDMI and rest displayport connections, because it's the better standard. DP is royalty free and has been a better standard since I can remember.
I don't have a display port source. Both desktop and laptop have HDMI. However I can try to work around it. Are you aware of any good deals on a good monitor?

MaSh

If you are talking about 70PUT6774/94 then it is available on Flipkart but the price has increased to 75K. Yesterday it was 73K. I am confused whether to buy this model or 65" Toshiba 7980.
i am in same boat did you got the answer which one to choose between 7980 and 70PUT6774/94

i am in same boat did you got the answer which one to choose between 7980 and 70PUT6774/94
If your 90% scenario is HDR, definetely 7980. Better peak brightness and blacks.

If your 90% scenario is SDR, 1080p and 720p, lots of sports viewing and fast moving action movies, 6774. It has better upscaling and motion resolution to compete with sony. Low brightness with 350 nits. No dolby vision and so HDR cannot be properly mapped to low brightness.

Surface area of 70" is much bigger than 65" than the numbers would let you believe. Do that math.

You need to consider your future preferences also when it comes to HDR viewing.

This model has hardware level support for dolby vision and dolby atmos. Missed before as I was looking for 55".

Philips 6600 146cm (58 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV

I don't have a display port source. Both desktop and laptop have HDMI. However I can try to work around it. Are you aware of any good deals on a good monitor?

MaSh
Check out LG's Ultragear series. A lil heavy on the pocket but worth the spend.

If your 90% scenario is HDR, definetely 7980. Better peak brightness and blacks.

If your 90% scenario is SDR, 1080p and 720p, lots of sports viewing and fast moving action movies, 6774. It has better upscaling and motion resolution to compete with sony. Low brightness with 350 nits. No dolby vision and so HDR cannot be properly mapped to low brightness.

Surface area of 70" is much bigger than 65" than the numbers would let you believe. Do that math.

You need to consider your future preferences also when it comes to HDR viewing.

I already have C9 for Netflix and Prime and want a TV for watching sports especially cricket with my 13year old kid. I have always wanted to buy a bigger TV so that is why I am interested in Philips 70" and it makes sense too. This will replace my first FHD TV, now almost 10 years old which BTW is still going strong and is at par with C9 for FHD content.

But I am in no hurry and also seeing the trend of falling prices of big screen TVs. Unfortunately home minister is in no mood to allow anymore spending of what I have done in the last couple of years.:D

MaSh
Go with any of LG 4k monitor series.

This is a good deal:

I have its bigger brother (27UK650) and it's been excellent so far. The price for that one increased in the last couple years though after I bought it for 33k, so I don't recommend that.

I already have C9 for Netflix and Prime and want a TV for watching sports especially cricket with my 13year old kid. I have always wanted to buy a bigger TV so that is why I am interested in Philips 70" and it makes sense too. This will replace my first FHD TV, now almost 10 years old which BTW is still going strong and is at par with C9 for FHD content.

But I am in no hurry and also seeing the trend of falling prices of big screen TVs. Unfortunately home minister is in no mood to allow anymore spending of what I have done in the last couple of years.:D
Unfortunately I will have to agree with your home minister. :)

Hi folks, what do you think of JBL 5.1 soundbar?

My usage is for a lg 65 cx oled (with eArc capability) set up in living room which is backed by a curtain - not a hardwall . actually it's a 24 feet hall divided by a curtain into a living room and dining room, sofa is pushed to the curtain.
Do soundbars need a solid wall on 6 sides to work properly ?

The 5.1 model doesn't have eArc, only the JBL 9.1 model has it and it costs 30k more.Should lack of eArc in soundbar be a deal breaker in my case (as the TV itself has eArc)

It's priced ~44k in vplak - not sure how legit vplak is , did anyone purchase from them before?

Since it's a living room(not a home theatre) - Iam tilting towards a soundbar approach instead of a 5.1 speaker with AV receiver approach currently.

For example I was looking to pair Pioneer S-RS55TB set with a woofer and AV receiver . Is taht a more valid approach instead of investing in a soundbar - my goal is to get best vfm sound (50:50 movies:music) below ~80k.

Please also do suggest any other options in sound bars...

Iam in a position where I won't get any demos in my place - so have to go by reviews and recommendations.

Last edited:
Hi folks, what do you think of JBL 5.1 soundbar?

My usage is for a lg 65 cx oled (with eArc capability) set up in living room which is backed by a curtain - not a hardwall . actually it's a 24 feet hall divided by a curtain into a living room and dining room, sofa is pushed to the curtain.
Do soundbars need a solid wall on 6 sides to work properly ?

The 5.1 model doesn't have eArc, only the JBL 9.1 model has it and it costs 30k more.Should lack of eArc in soundbar be a deal breaker in my case (as the TV itself has eArc)

It's priced ~44k in vplak - not sure how legit vplak is , did anyone purchase from them before?

Since it's a living room(not a home theatre) - Iam tilting towards a soundbar approach instead of a 5.1 speaker with AV receiver approach currently.

For example I was looking to pair Pioneer S-RS55TB set with a woofer and AV receiver . Is taht a more valid approach instead of investing in a soundbar - my goal is to get best vfm sound (50:50 movies:music) below ~80k.

Please also do suggest any other options in sound bars...

Iam in a position where I won't get any demos in my place - so have to go by reviews and recommendations.
At your budget of 80k INR why not get a dedicated surround system? if its your first time it will be fun building on your own 5.1.2 atmos setup
which sounds 100 times better than any soundbar in the market. i highly recommend going for full fledged system rather going for half baked.
atmos reciever 40k
5.1 speakers 40k
atmos speakers 15k

That's like 60% more expensive. And the Yamaha isn't that much better. It supports more codecs yes, but I'm fine with DTS and DD 5.1. From the reviews I've seen, the Z906 is better with lows and mids, with the Yamaha being better with highs.

Anyway, my budget is <20k. Is there something else in this budget that's better?
Better read the reviews about Logitech z906 , max users are having problems with center operating console .....few penny more will give you better option...... Yamaha is much better than Logitech.

Is 55X 8000 G a good buy at 67 k in stores,a lot more online.
No dobly atmos,vision,hdr 10,50hz,IPS,no frills
2019 model, clearance sale or should one wait for the next gen tcl launch with Dolby vision,atmosphere etc,etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back