AV deals from amazon/flipkart.

I picked the Sharp last week and it indeed support 4K pass through and atmos. It is surprisingly good performer for both music and movies. The surround sound actualy works.
It has 4k passthrough, but does it have 4K HDR pass through?

Samsung 55TU8000 @51k. Finally at correct pricing from samsung.

Any comment on TCL QLED C715? I am getting it at around 45k? Are there any alternative to it in 45k range?
What size at 45k? Good price for 55" but not for 50"
This is cheapest qled. Only 300 nits brightness, so cannot produce all the colors that the panel is capable of. But should be atleast as good as non qled TVs.
Iffalcon H71 is same model. Choose whatever is cheaper.
C815 is edge lit. Avoid that one.

I'm thinking of going for these. Sounds like an amazing deal.
They are good speakers but the main issue is the console. Lot of complaints on failure of the unit and no support/repair possible unless you know an electrician capable of repairing it. So reliability is the issue but if you are lucky without any issues, they are fabulous speakers for the price

What size at 45k? Good price for 55" but not for 50"
This is cheapest qled. Only 300 nits brightness, so cannot produce all the colors that the panel is capable of. But should be atleast as good as non qled TVs.
Iffalcon H71 is same model. Choose whatever is cheaper.
C815 is edge lit. Avoid that one.
I am getting TCL QLED 50inch at 45k, can u tell me any alternative at 45k range? My main priority is picture quality. U7980 and VU are not available in my area.

I am getting TCL QLED 50inch at 45k, can u tell me any alternative at 45k range? My main priority is picture quality. U7980 and VU are not available in my area.
U7980 is best if you want HDR and overall black performance. You can wait or if you are looking for best SDR performance, below are good.

Philips 6600 146cm (58 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV

C715 should cost <40k, otherwise good.

Honestly, if anyone needs HDR performance, U7980 is the only one below 1L. Let us get that out of the way. There is no other tv even in pipeline to better this for this year.

If SDR performance is your 90% case, there are few options to match and beat in the 50k price range of U7980. Even this you need to map to future requirements till 5 years down the line. A good 400-500nits tv with good dolby vision implementation can come close but only by so much.

So, in this context, it is not a shame to wait for availability or take one without offers etc when available. More so for the 65" variant. Comparable sized models with equivalent performance cost double, so petty cashback etc can be ignored and still will be good value.

I am pretty sure the successor for this tv will be a 700+ nits qled which will be released next year. TCL might wake up and bring some interesting models for competetion but it seems unlikely seeing this years strategy in EU.

We are talking about a tv which changed the market equation of US last year with some better tweaks for this year in india. So it is hard to beat.

Amazon & Flipkart sales are not end of world. Stocks will appear after the sale.

Also, the younger brother U5050 is amoung the first TVs in india which I have seen have increased in price since release even through BB sales etc. Its hisense counter part reduced and there is quite some difference in selling price between the 2 now. Probably it is ELED with great micro dimming magic giving extraordinary performance, not known. But market has responded this way and hisense is seeing. Hopefully they dont pull the plug on higher end models next year seeing this trend.

U5050 currently seem to be India's H8f. With years of prejudice against ELED accumulated over sub par TVs released in the lower end by the likes of lg and samsung, it cannot be recommended without seeing. But all the signs of a well engineered product with maxed out performance in the lower end is there. And it cant be ignored in a price sensitive market such as ours.

They are good speakers but the main issue is the console. Lot of complaints on failure of the unit and no support/repair possible unless you know an electrician capable of repairing it. So reliability is the issue but if you are lucky without any issues, they are fabulous speakers for the price
Even if the console goes out of warranty I can get another AVR instead of it, no?

I'll get the extended warranty as well then. Thanks for the input.

It has 4k passthrough, but does it have 4K HDR pass through?
Is there any cheaper alternative in market if I want to somehow get HDR video while still using the nonHDR passthrough sharp soundbar?
Or is one required to invest in a costly receiver/amplifier to get HDR to work with a nonHDR passthrough soundbar?

Is there any cheaper alternative in market if I want to somehow get HDR video while still using the nonHDR passthrough sharp soundbar?
Or is one required to invest in a costly receiver/amplifier to get HDR to work with a nonHDR passthrough soundbar?
No, there is no way. If I get the sharp, I'll connect the source device to my TV and pass the audio to the soundbar through ARC.

If your TV/source can decode Atmos, you'll still be able to play Atmos files via Dolby Digital Plus(DD+) if the sharp soundbar supports that version of Atmos. DD+ is a worse version of Atmos than Dolby True HD version though. Also you lose DTS X and Dolby HD codecs.

The sharp soundbar is the best one for ₹25k right now. However, it's not a cracking deal you can't miss. The Samsung Q800T has come down below ₹30k previously and that's a better system than the philips, plus they support eARC and all the fancy stuff you'll need. Also you can pair them with back speakers to get 5.1.2 surround.

This is the reason I didn't get the sharp. If I'm spending ₹25k on something, I want it to have the basic stuff I need. I just went with the Z906 5.1 setup which cost me 17.5k on Amazon (and then 17% card rewards making if effective 14600). And I'm sure the Z906 will sound better than it.

No, there is no way. If I get the sharp, I'll connect the source device to my TV and pass the audio to the soundbar through ARC.

If your TV/source can decode Atmos, you'll still be able to play Atmos files via Dolby Digital Plus(DD+) if the sharp soundbar supports that version of Atmos. DD+ is a worse version of Atmos than Dolby True HD version though. Also you lose DTS X and Dolby HD codecs.

The sharp soundbar is the best one for ₹25k right now. However, it's not a cracking deal you can't miss. The Samsung Q800T has come down below ₹30k previously and that's a better system than the philips, plus they support eARC and all the fancy stuff you'll need. Also you can pair them with back speakers to get 5.1.2 surround.

This is the reason I didn't get the sharp. If I'm spending ₹25k on something, I want it to have the basic stuff I need. I just went with the Z906 5.1 setup which cost me 17.5k on Amazon (and then 17% card rewards making if effective 14600). And I'm sure the Z906 will sound better than it.
When did q800t go below 30k? Just curious, I have been following it closely.

Small capacity HDDs from WD/Seagate/Toshiba are available at decent prices too.
Useful if someone wants a dedicated audio or video HDD.

Cheers,
Raghu
It is really cheaper. I bought WD 2 TB harddisk at Rs 4700 one month back.
Now the same hardisk is available for Rs 4000 after applying discounts.
The manufacturing date is July 2020.

When did q800t go below 30k? Just curious, I have been following it closely.
It did briefly on 26th of September(flipkart). I use a price history chart from here. That might have been a fluke, but gives me confidence that it can get that low in price. The T45E from Samsung is selling at a 50% discount, so it's not out of the world for the Q800T to be 30k.

That being said, if you really want the Q800T, the current deal isn't all that bad. The current price is ₹39499 and there's a 2750 discount on HDFC cards which makes the effective price 36750. Not all that bad I'd say.

Q acoustics 3020i at 24000
And u can get 1500 off by using HDFC CC

Sony WF-1000xm3’s going for 13.5k on amazon (provided you have an hdfc credit/debit card) or 14.9 throughout all other e commerce websites including HPZ.

Honestly, if anyone needs HDR performance, U7980 is the only one below 1L. Let us get that out of the way. There is no other tv even in pipeline to better this for this year.

If SDR performance is your 90% case, there are few options to match and beat in the 50k price range of U7980. Even this you need to map to future requirements till 5 years down the line. A good 400-500nits tv with good dolby vision implementation can come close but only by so much.

So, in this context, it is not a shame to wait for availability or take one without offers etc when available. More so for the 65" variant. Comparable sized models with equivalent performance cost double, so petty cashback etc can be ignored and still will be good value.

I am pretty sure the successor for this tv will be a 700+ nits qled which will be released next year. TCL might wake up and bring some interesting models for competetion but it seems unlikely seeing this years strategy in EU.

We are talking about a tv which changed the market equation of US last year with some better tweaks for this year in india. So it is hard to beat.

Amazon & Flipkart sales are not end of world. Stocks will appear after the sale.

Also, the younger brother U5050 is amoung the first TVs in india which I have seen have increased in price since release even through BB sales etc. Its hisense counter part reduced and there is quite some difference in selling price between the 2 now. Probably it is ELED with great micro dimming magic giving extraordinary performance, not known. But market has responded this way and hisense is seeing. Hopefully they dont pull the plug on higher end models next year seeing this trend.

U5050 currently seem to be India's H8f. With years of prejudice against ELED accumulated over sub par TVs released in the lower end by the likes of lg and samsung, it cannot be recommended without seeing. But all the signs of a well engineered product with maxed out performance in the lower end is there. And it cant be ignored in a price sensitive market such as ours.
I am on a lookout for new TV 50-55 inch size. Primarily to watch Netflix/amazon/ Disney hot star or Zee5 as prime content.
Shortlisted
Samsung

UA55TUE60AKXXL​

TCL

QLED TV 55C715​

Wanted to know if Toshiba U790 series is better than the above two shortlisted TVs
Viewing angle is not a concern as the viewing is strict in front of the TV.
More interested towards picture quality, as I have different sound system to take care of the audio needs.
Thank you

I am on a lookout for new TV 50-55 inch size. Primarily to watch Netflix/amazon/ Disney hot star or Zee5 as prime content.
Shortlisted
Samsung

UA55TUE60AKXXL​

TCL

QLED TV 55C715​

Wanted to know if Toshiba U790 series is better than the above two shortlisted TVs
More interested towards picture quality, as I have different sound system to take care of the audio needs.
Thank you
Toshiba u7980 is better than both of these in terms of picture quality.

Shortlisted
Samsung

UA55TUE60AKXXL​

TCL

QLED TV 55C715​

Thank you
U7980 far better but out of stock everywhere

I need a 55-60 inch TV for my office cabin. It will be primarily used to watch CCTV cameras from about 12-15 feet distance. Can anyone recommend a good VFM TV under 40k (Cheaper the better)?

I am actually looking for Kodak TV. Are they any good? or should I go for QLED TVs?

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back