"HOBBIES OTHER THAN MUSIC" - (Share more about the 'creative you' in here)

@ Vortex / Dinyaar bhai ..

DOGS? ..then you must see the photo links i have given above of my two dogs Dodo & Notty, you would find a few photos to make you smile.

They are on facebook, so you shall have to loginto FB first.

wishes

Last edited:
haha Vortex.
I dont think having a Pet is a hobby IMO. Its much much more.
Anyway I dont have one for a while now and I dont know If I will ever take the responsibility again.
Rgds

Well said, Dinyaar. It is so much more than a hobby. Its a lifestyle decision. A life decision even.

Maybe you could take it up when you retire. That would be ideal, I guess.

Well said, Dinyaar. It is so much more than a hobby. Its a lifestyle decision. A life decision even.

Maybe you could take it up when you retire. That would be ideal, I guess.

Ya Vortex u are spot on.
I hope to have 2 dogs when I retire if I am physically able to tend to all their needs.
Rgds

A little offtopic, but need help.

Let me know if anyone can identify this song sung by a male singer the main punchline goes as :

' ..i'll be singing this song, long after you are gone..'

Song is sung solo, on FANTASTIC slow electric guitars in an acoustic environment. Its also part of the album - HDEND Audiophile Air-1. Guess its song no.3.

Tks in advance.

I constantly play around with all the softwares I can lay my hands on,I also love to work with various OS's I have almost all the Major flavours of Linux and my current fav is Linux Mint and Ubuntu !! Have worked in Mac (actually had installed it on my AMD machine ;) )

Good to know about another *nix enthusiast around here. ;)

Hi,

Brother, thats a plethora of hobbies.
You surprise me of all in here, that you can devote the needed time to each.

KUDOS!!

Thanks a lot for the kind words ! Well I try ;) ...

Am not pro like you in the photography,but hope you liked some of my pics !

Good to know about another *nix enthusiast around here.

Good to know Am not alone here :) !!

Swami you have some awesome shots there and this SOME hobby that you have :clapping: !!

Regards.

I love dogs too....have 2 of them - Begum (Golden Retriever, 10+ years old) and Betty (German Shepherd, almost 10 years old).......They have grown old now but are still fighting fit............

I love reading especially the spy stories from Robert Ludlum (have read all his books now), Frederick Forsyth (almost done with his collection as well). Sometimes I feel when listening to Bill Evans or Oscar Peterson or similar artists at night while reading a spy thriller of the world war era actually does a good job of transporting me right there to that era (mind you, I am just 28 with no recollection of my past birth)...

And I love sports - playing, reading about it and following up almost every sport there is.....Still play Squash regularly (once a month) :) and every now and then Tennis, Badminton and TT....

I love dogs too....have 2 of them - Begum (Golden Retriever, 10+ years old) and Betty (German Shepherd, almost 10 years old).......They have grown old now but are still fighting fit............

Give a pat on the head & a hug to both the darlings. You didnt put their pic on Facebook? I have my younger one's album there.

And I love sports - playing, reading about it and following up almost every sport there is.....Still play Squash regularly (once a month) :) and every now and then Tennis, Badminton and TT....

I like the part ..still play sqaush regularly (once a month) ..still good for i cant even spell the game correctly !

TT ... i used to play for hours, years ago. Shall be fun to catch up with some friends over a game long forgotten but still loved.

Cheers

Nice thread !!! thanks to Sidharth Trehan.

I picked up the hobby of music during my school days.

My hobbies other than Music............................

I Play with various software's like Adobe After effects ( 2D Animation software), Photoshop, Video editing with Final cut pro, Adobe Premeire & DPS Velocity Corel Draw & many more.

Amateur Astronomy: I am associated with Association of Bangalore Amateur Astronomers (ABAA) since 1984 I made my first 6" reflector telescope in 1985, that's lot of work, like grinding the glass (mirror) with different stages of Carborandum abrassive & then polishing with pitch lap with cerium oxide. Last year i completed my dream 4" refractor Telescope project, had lot of fun. I do conduct Astronomy outreach programmes for schools & institutions & Astrophotography.

Trekking: I am a nature lover :) trekked at Himalayas twice (Chandrakani & Sar pass) of course at western ghat forests of karnataka like Kuduremukh, kodachadri, Bramhagiri, kumara parvata, Tadianda mol & Jodigere (Veerappans trail), I trek twice a year to keep myself fit :lol:

Videography: I bought my first SLR Canon AE1 programme in 1989 but subsequently i developed interest in videography, bought a 3 ccd Panosonic camcorder 4 years back, i edt my own videos on Adobe Premeire, i love it. Corporate videos, my area of interest.

DIY: Main reason for DIY is not about saving money, to gain knowledge, handling of tools, new skills,and the enormous feeling of satisfaction that comes from building your own equipment. This is worth far more than money.
Of course most of you know about my DIY activity in the forum. I have lot of DIY projects in the pipeline :p i am developing under water gravel filtration system for my DIY aquarium & Steadicam for video camcorders. So lot of machine work here :lol:

Links to my projects:

MY DIY TELESCOPE

My refractor at Cloudy nights....

MY DIY FLOORSTANDERS

DIY SPEAKER STANDS

Vinyl cleaner

MY DIY PAGE

Regards,
Anil

Last edited:
I do not have any hobbies that you can call "artistic" or "creative".

Apart from music, I love and follow automobiles of all kind and have been able to collect\own a few automobiles including a LHD 1955 American Willys Petrol Jeep, 1984 Yamaha RD 350, a 1979 Suvega (moped) and a modified Esteem. Had a 1984 Maruti 800 which I had to sell to fund my Home Theater Projector. Was not allowed to race by my mum, so participated in several races and rallies as a service\support team for my friends. I enjoy off-roading in my Jeep and going out for high speed drives in my Esteem with some fellow enthusiasts.

I also collect a few things including Vintage Automobiles and parts, Tools, Torches, Pens, Watches, Swarovski Crystals, Antique Furniture, Empty Scotch bottles, Bar Accessories and curios made of wood or glass.

I like DIY, mostly Automobile or Home Improvement related.

Last edited:
Hi,
new to this forum.

hobbies :

Guitar : learned when i was in 10th 2002. now just dont get time busy with job.got two of em.still some times put my hands on it when i am alone or with friends when we drink n dine and sing along.

BIKING : (love of my life). now i own a car as well..but got 4 bikes (all earned by me)

rx-100 (1988)
cbz black (2002)
yamaha yz 250 ( two stroke dirt bike) used to be dirt racer (2002-2005)
royal enfield ( 1967)

love maintaining them the way they com e outta showroom.rx-100 and enfield are redone
yam and cbz are scratchless condition. odo is 75,000 on cbz.

mum dint allowed me to race only son ( she was scared)

love all that time in jaipur ..now working in hyd.. got ma bullet n car here. but when ever i go home..love to ride my trio's.

have made trips almost all across the country.

ships : was in merchant navy for close to 19 months. ran off from home n joined.
when came back parent wanted me to be wid them..( carrer crashed)

technology : hacking ( love it, have done blunders ( cant discuss here))
ethical hacking certified now.
playing around with os and sofwares since years and i love it
there is a vast ocean of knowlege spread ... trying to dive in it.

forgot to mention...got a collection of jeans from around the world..started collecting when i was on ship..
close to 85 pair of jeans that i own now..have atleast one from almost all the brands available here m outside.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back