"HOBBIES OTHER THAN MUSIC" - (Share more about the 'creative you' in here)

Hmm this is a tough one.

Well, I kind of turned my #1 and 2 hobbies into my profession which is gaming and design.

I'm a graphic designer by profession but have joined a canadian company as an MMORPG game tester and conceptualizer working online out of india. Right now working with Star trek and darkfall. It's a fun job with minimal worries, good pay, just really screwed up timings ( have to work with people in canadian and polish timezone )

As for graphic design, here are some of my works

Alcohol Website Concept by ~corElement on deviantART
Back of beyond forest lodge by ~corElement on deviantART
Amex Restaurant Tabletop by ~corElement on deviantART

Here's a drawing im working on atm

OgAAAH-jnqLbR6SJoUnMRiYzXp9yodDZXZ6J_F0GphiIFMf9-IkznaSugwO5FUAzxsKHHQNjKaDd-B7brS7HccBiIl0Am1T1UO8x7S-yOhFpgSYFWl5hdlxc-kic.jpg

I was fond of photography but I lost interest somewhere down the line, probably because I never had a good camera. I'm primarily interested in storm photography, have a collection of photos of storms in calcutta, gurgaon delhi. Some of them are quite scary!
At the moment I have a sony h-50 semi dslr with custom lens.

I am very fond of gardening and despise people who dont appreciate plants and tear leaves or cut/break plants or complain about plants. It's a passion I've inherited from my mother and feel sad that very few people who are interested in games and technology are interested in the nurture and growth of life such as a plant. Presently I'm growing 2 jasmine creepers from our apartment to two floors above.

hmm what else..ah yes I lke biking but gurgaon is the SHITTIEST PLACE ON THIS PLANET TO BIKE. Go out cycling and you get freaking ROASTED in the heat or FROZEN in the cold. Nonsense place to make cities I swear :p

That is one fun job you have there, Corelement!

Are you by any chance an RPG fan? Any favourite RPGs? Not the MMORPG's please.

[RPG stands for Role Playing Games. And MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games].

That is one fun job you have there, Corelement!

Are you by any chance an RPG fan? Any favourite RPGs? Not the MMORPG's please.

[RPG stands for Role Playing Games. And MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games].

Thankies.

Hmm well it depends on what kind of RPG, I've never been a fan of final fantasy. In general I've noticed im a bigger fan of european made games vs american or far east. Mafia for example... its old but what a game.

Some good creative work there. Nice.
Regards

Thanks dude, :)

Nice thread

During my schooling at Bhavans...I won every drawing and painting competition..in 1995..Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetadhipati blessed me with 1st prize for drawing the picture of Lord Balaji at aninter-school drawing competition held at Padmarao Nagar...alas that art in me is dead now..due to "Mera Beta Software Engineer" syndrome in parents then...

After my PG...during my jobless days..made some wallpapers in photoshop and finally made only one videoin 2006..which even now surprises me that its creator is "me":cool:

YouTube - Indian Air Force - Bharatiya Vayu Sena

excuse me for the music...Arch Enemy was my God then

I was one crazy head banger then ranging from scandinavian metal to melodic death metal...I still love listening to Opeth...with my altec speakers I was a pain the a$$ to my neighbors and my poor orthodox parents got used to my weird taste in music

Now nothing....listening to music probably...and preparing for the greater good...

Last edited:
Okay don't laugh at me now...those were the days of "Brave New World"

filled with war, evil, rebellion, aggression, violence, venom, hate.....woww..what a nihilistic fit for nothing life was then...only a metalhead will know it..now we know what we can expect from those who worship "metal" in their teens...watch your kids gentlemen:lol:

I made this under "influence"....long back in 1998 on my first computer

death1981.jpg

Last edited:
@Sid: Excellent photographs.

I do spend some time on photography as well.

Flickr: asifraj's Photostream

Been using a P & S camera until now, and will now be experimenting film photography with a Canon EOS 5. I plan to have my own darkroom setup and will do the film developing myself.

Apart from that, I also follow F1 and Cricket pretty regularly and blog about it as well.

Cricket, F1, Movies, Photography, Musings, Bakar, Blabber

Nice to meet you here.

Cheers.

I am not a very creative person, my hobbies are sports related watch any sport love to play most of them, still try to do my weekend football.

My only close to creative hobby is mixing drinks and trying to make creative cocktails and mocktails. My poor wife is the guinea pig for my mocktails and friends for the cocktails :) So do drop in if you want a sip of the same. Below is my small bar.

IMG_0548.JPG

Hi Everyone!

I am a rather new member of this forum and I have LOVED it so far :)

I am a wanderlust and I love travelling. My favourite companion is my 2003 Royal Enfield Thunderbird. I have been travelling on it to many parts of our country. The longest ride has been a Delhi-Kanyakumari-Delhi ride in Jan 2009. It was a 21 day 7200 Kms ride, an amazing and a tiring experience. I went to Kanyakumari again this year only to spend a week in Kerala. Kerala is one of my favourite places in this country, it surely is God's own country!! I have never been to Leh and thats something on my to-do list. I try to travel as much as I can. A dream ride is to travel across continents some day in life. Riding is a form of meditation for me, I find peace when I am riding in to a new place, its an escape for me.. an escape from all the chaos in a city like Delhi.. when I meet new people it gives me pleasure like no other. It has been a life changing hobby for me, it has changed the way I live my life. I am a proud member of the Delhi bullet club - Royal Beasts

Another hobby, which co-exists rather nicely with riding is Photography. Its quite nice to see a lot of photographers. I know the true camera fans from yesteryears have not liked digitization of cameras that nicely.. but I thinks its great! People from all classes have benefitted from it and so have I. The money spent these days are only on the camera and the memory card.. No needs for rolls everytime.. I am a proud Nikonian, however I respect all the other cameras too.. My first camera was a Nikon D40, which I unfortunately lost in Goa on the 2009 Del-K'kumari'Del trip. I was determined to buy another camera and was finally able to collect enough money for a D90. I bought it in Nov 2009 along with Nikkor 70-300 VR and Tokina 50-135 f2.8(a great VFM DX potrait lens for $500). I also have the Nikon 18-55 from D40(it had 55-200 VR when I lost it). Of all the things I usually click, I love capturing emotions the most.

The next hobby, well If you want to consider it as a hobby is to EAT. I am a self-confessed foodie. A not-so-good thing about me is I don't like to share my food.. call it kiddish, I just never could bring myself to share my food with ANYONE. PERIOD. Delhi is THE PLACE to be if one is a foodie...

Since I have been a kid, I have loved my movies. I try to catch them in multiplexes and watch it on my laptop when I have either missed it or if the movies did not make it to the Indian screens. I watch all genres of movies, well almost all.. not a big fan of horror movies. I am a fan of Tarantino, Client Eastwood, Judd Apatow, Spielberg and Farhan Akhtar movies. I am really happy that bollywood is make some really nice movies lately. There are some movies that I can watch any time.. like Shrek, Matrix, Sin City, Andaz Apna Apna, Gladiator, a LOT more that I rather not mention. My parents and I are moving into a new place soon and hence I will work on a LONG LONG time dream.. a hometheater. I will soon start a thread on my project and will look forward on everyone's input on it.

I have always loved watching TV series. Not much to choose from the Indian telly these days anyways.. Some of the TV series from the west I follow are Family Guy, How I met your mother, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, The Big Bang Theory. Some discontinued series that I completely loved were Friends(who didnt?), That 70s Show, Arrested Development and Freaks&Geeks. Like many of us, I have faint memory of the good old DD serials.. malgudi was a favourite, looking forward to acquiring the DVD set that is in market these days..

MUSIC, well I don't listen to music as much as I would like. But I do love them, I am a big fan of 60s and 70s music. I still remember the two years I spent in Hyderabad.. dim lights, old monk rum and Pink Floyd.. Some of my favourite bands are CCR,The Who, Pink Floyd, Doors, Bob Dylan,Beatles.. you get the idea, right? I also like some of the bollywood songs.. the most recent favourite being iktara from Wake Up Sid. From bollywood.. I love AR Rahman and RD the most. I also like some of the Pakistani bands - Fuzon, Jal and Entity Paradigm.

Well, thats me.. in a nutshell.

Have not uploaded a lot of pictures on Flickr, however you can add me on Facebook.. got more pictures there.

--
Jitendra Bisht
jitubisht

Stumbled upon this 10year old conversation. Pretty interesting to read but never lasted long. Pls continue this by posting your hobbies.

Nice thread, Sid.
I dabble in (very) amateur photography. I used to own a Panasonic FZ20 superzoom P&S, outgrew it and now use a Canon 500D with kit lens and a F/1.8 Prime.

Other than photography, I am very interested in graphic designs. Recently purchased a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. Also been working on designing my own font which somehow has fallen by the wayside:eek:. I restrict myself to freeware graphic applications like GIMP and Paint.NET as well as the excellent vector graphic application Inkscape. For some time used chori maal Photoshop and Illustrator but have given them up completely. Very powerful softwares, these are. But I am no pro and hence decided to be safe. Another very powerful, though not intuitive software for folks interested in 3D design and animation is Blender.

Other than above, I still love riding my bike:)
Joshua

Great Joshua, Blender is the best freeware available. The learning curve is some what different from Maya & 3DS Max but can derive great results. If you are interested in motion graphics then one of the best software for that purpose is Cinema 4D but is quite expensive, you can practise on their free trial version. Below is their 2019 demo reel.

Reviving this thread as this has been a great read and interesting to see the interests of forum members outside of audio. For me, I have many hobbies, some I have dived deep into, some I am starting. So here we go -

The hobbies that take up a lot of my time -
1 - Like many here - I love to read. I love to get lost in fantastic worlds. ONE of my favourite books is The Master & Margherita.
2 - Love to be outdoors. I dive & ski during seasons - though diving has been on a hold since COVID, planning a reboot trip towards the end of this year.
3 - I have been an avid biker. So much so, I do not own a car :p. Learnt riding motorcycles when I was 13. Worked in a restaurant to save money then Rode away from home at the age of 18 on my cousin's bike and explored Uttrakhand. Have been roaming around the country since.
4 - During COVID picked up technical offroading on motorcycles. Have been enjoying that and putting a lot of hours to get better at the art of offroading. Have 3 two wheelers - an Ather 450X, a Hero Xpulse 200V rally edition & a Suzuki Vstrom 650 XT.
5 - I spent a lot of time on Theoretical herpetology. Still go out into bushes and try and take pictures of reptiles (which I am not very good at, have been trying for years but it seems photography is not my forte). Below is one I took a few months back.
6 - I love to cook, I have been trying out cuisines from different parts of the world for almost 2 decades now.
7 - Spend some time playing TT, Badminton & volleyball. I was a football player in my youth, but I can't keep up with the 15 years olds of today, they have all embodied the ronaldinho, messi & ronaldos of the world and are impossible to play with. Great to see the sports other than cricket picking up in the country.

The hobbies that I am building up slowly -
1 - Picked up bass guitar again, after learning a little during college days.
2 - Recently have picked up woodworking, nothing fancy, just a little bit here & there.

Lets put some stuff here for us to get to know you outside of audio!

Great thread Siddharth.

DSCF0565.jpg
Cheers!

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back