Noob from the City of Djinns

jitubisht

Hi Everyone!

I am a rather new member of this forum and I have LOVED it so far

I am a wanderlust and I love travelling. My favourite companion is my 2003 Royal Enfield Thunderbird. I have been travelling on it to many parts of our country. The longest ride has been a Delhi-Kanyakumari-Delhi ride in Jan 2009. It was a 21 day 7200 Kms ride, an amazing and a tiring experience. I went to Kanyakumari again this year only to spend a week in Kerala. Kerala is one of my favourite places in this country, it surely is God's own country!! I have never been to Leh and thats something on my to-do list. I try to travel as much as I can. A dream ride is to travel across continents some day in life. Riding is a form of meditation for me, I find peace when I am riding in to a new place, its an escape for me.. an escape from all the chaos in a city like Delhi.. when I meet new people it gives me pleasure like no other. It has been a life changing hobby for me, it has changed the way I live my life. I am a proud member of the Delhi bullet club - Royal Beasts

Another hobby, which co-exists rather nicely with riding is Photography. Its quite nice to see a lot of photographers. I know the true camera fans from yesteryears have not liked digitization of cameras that nicely.. but I thinks its great! People from all classes have benefitted from it and so have I. The money spent these days are only on the camera and the memory card.. No needs for rolls everytime.. I am a proud Nikonian, however I respect all the other cameras too.. My first camera was a Nikon D40, which I unfortunately lost in Goa on the 2009 Del-K'kumari'Del trip. I was determined to buy another camera and was finally able to collect enough money for a D90. I bought it in Nov 2009 along with Nikkor 70-300 VR and Tokina 50-135 f2.8(a great VFM DX potrait lens for $500). I also have the Nikon 18-55 from D40(it had 55-200 VR when I lost it). Of all the things I usually click, I love capturing emotions the most.

The next hobby, well If you want to consider it as a hobby is to EAT. I am a self-confessed foodie. A not-so-good thing about me is I don't like to share my food.. call it kiddish, I just never could bring myself to share my food with ANYONE. PERIOD. Delhi is THE PLACE to be if one is a foodie...

Since I have been a kid, I have loved my movies. I try to catch them in multiplexes and watch it on my laptop when I have either missed it or if the movies did not make it to the Indian screens. I watch all genres of movies, well almost all.. not a big fan of horror movies. I am a fan of Tarantino, Client Eastwood, Judd Apatow, Spielberg and Farhan Akhtar movies. I am really happy that bollywood is make some really nice movies lately. There are some movies that I can watch any time.. like Shrek, Matrix, Sin City, Andaz Apna Apna, Gladiator, a LOT more that I rather not mention. My parents and I are moving into a new place soon and hence I will work on a LONG LONG time dream.. a hometheater. I will soon start a thread on my project and will look forward on everyone's input on it.

I have always loved watching TV series. Not much to choose from the Indian telly these days anyways.. Some of the TV series from the west I follow are Family Guy, How I met your mother, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, The Big Bang Theory. Some discontinued series that I completely loved were Friends(who didnt?), That 70s Show, Arrested Development and Freaks&Geeks. Like many of us, I have faint memory of the good old DD serials.. malgudi was a favourite, looking forward to acquiring the DVD set that is in market these days..

MUSIC, well I don't listen to music as much as I would like. But I do love them, I am a big fan of 60s and 70s music. I still remember the two years I spent in Hyderabad.. dim lights, old monk rum and Pink Floyd.. Some of my favourite bands are CCR,The Who, Pink Floyd, Doors, Bob Dylan,Beatles.. you get the idea, right? I also like some of the bollywood songs.. the most recent favourite being iktara from Wake Up Sid. From bollywood.. I love AR Rahman and RD the most. I also like some of the Pakistani bands - Fuzon, Jal and Entity Paradigm.

Well, thats me.. in a nutshell.

Have not uploaded a lot of pictures on Flickr, however you can add me on Facebook.. got more pictures there.

--
Jitendra Bisht
jitubisht

PS: This is actually a copy from another thread - other hobbies - it turned out to be a introduction by itself. I owed an introduction since I joined a week ago.. so copy-paste to the rescue!

hi -

but i thought the city of djinns and full islamic veils was saudi arabia?

regds

Hmm, never knew it was for saudi also...
City of Djinns for me always was Delhi as referred by Dalrymple in his travelogue by the same name

Jitu, your intro made for nice reading! Welcome to HFV.
By the way, where you present with the Royal Beasts for the 2009 Ridermania? I was there too.
I absolutely agree with you when you say touring on motorcycles and photography go together! I am a Nikonian too.
See ya around.

welcome jitu...i stay in blr but heart belongs to the city of 'djinns' where i spent my first 30 years...

City of Djinns for me always was Delhi as referred by Dalrymple in his travelogue by the same name

well...at least there is a disco called djinns in the city...that should qualify it for the sobriquet :D

i stay in blr but heart belongs to the city of 'djinns' where i spent my first 30 years...

I can relate to that. I was born in Uttaranchal, we moved to Hyderabad right after. I was there until we moved to Delhi, I was 12 yrs old then. My teenage life, college life and then first two years in Convergys were in Delhi. That makes me more of a Delhiite. I moved to Hyderabad for 2 years after that, though I loved the bachelorpad we had over there, my heart was always beating for Delhi. I guess, one doesnt realise how much one loves Delhi until one is away from it. ;)

well...at least there is a disco called djinns in the city...that should qualify it for the sobriquet :D

Agree!

Jitu!!

Welcome to HFV.

I like your intro. I am myself into photography and riding. I am a Canon man and presently riding a Shogun for the past 16-17years. I am looking for a buyer for my ride. I will going for a majour upgrade soon.

Cheers!!

Glad to have another Bulleteer aboard HFV! Nice introduction. I ride a Bullet Electra and we may have seen each other in the 2008 Rider Mania at Hyderabad. Was part of the Madras Bulls.

Jitu!!

Welcome to HFV.

I like your intro. I am myself into photography and riding. I am a Canon man and presently riding a Shogun for the past 16-17years. I am looking for a buyer for my ride. I will going for a majour upgrade soon.

Cheers!!

Well, about the Shogun.. I would be interested in purchasing it.. Check your PM

Glad to have another Bulleteer aboard HFV! Nice introduction. I ride a Bullet Electra and we may have seen each other in the 2008 Rider Mania at Hyderabad. Was part of the Madras Bulls.

Surely must have, great to have people here from the other community I am part of.. the bulleteers!

Rider Mania Hyderabad was actually one of the better RMs. It was the RM I had the most fun in...

Royal Beasts, eh? How are the guys? Do you all still meet every Sunday at Qutub Institute area?? And Karthik, Ankush, July, Joshua John still with the club? Tell me does that stuntman Rajan still do those crazy wheelies or has he sobered down?

Hey Shredder

Obviously, you know few of us in the club. Yup, we still meet every Sunday religously..

check your PM on the status of the guys..

jitubisht

Jitu, welcome to HFV. Good to see another auto enthusiast here!!

presently riding a Shogun for the past 16-17years. I am looking for a buyer for my ride. I will going for a majour upgrade soon.
Love the blue smoke of a two stroker man. What will you be upgrading to? I own and ride a Yamaha Rd350 since last 10 years.

Bala, I know a popular member of Madras Bulls. His name is Subhash Chandra Bose and is fondly called "Bose Sir".

Royal Beasts, eh? How are the guys? Do you all still meet every Sunday at Qutub Institute area?? And Karthik, Ankush, July, Joshua John still with the club? Tell me does that stuntman Rajan still do those crazy wheelies or has he sobered down?
Have seen some fantatic bullets in Mumbai too. When I visited Mumbai to watch a drag race in 2007, Bose sir introduced me to Anthony, a famous Bullet Mech. He was in a group of bulleteers and all the bullets were in fantastic shape.

Yes indeed Santhosh. Who does not know Bose sir?

I still remember him kindly spending time with me when I had real hairy moments with my bike on the first day after I had got it. Something to do with the air nozzle not relieving pressure in the fuel tank resulting in an air lock after every 5 minutes on the road! You can imagine...:)

Bose sir is such a great guy. i still remember when HE came up to talk to me at RM! I was like, this is him, I have seen him on TV and he s supposed to have a very fast Bull too. Such a down to earth knowledgeable guy he is.
Btw, I came to RM09 on a Pulsar 180, lol! I just escaped being lynched. Ofcourse, once there rode around on friends Electra and cousins CI500.

Shredder, the Shogun used to be my dream bike when I was in High school. Rode it after the Samurai, and it was a whole new experience!

iaudio - actually on that Rider Mania (Hyderabad) Bose sir had actually driven in a well maintained Classic at speeds at or around 60 kmph constant. That requires real patience you know :). Bose sir's group made the ride from Chennai to Hyderabad in two days where we did that between early morning and late afternoon. But of course I am thinking I would like that relaxed style of riding, but I wont know until I have tried it :).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back