Home Music System at 75k

jack7

Guys,

Im thinking of getting myself a music system setup and my initial budget was about 50k. I went through this forum and read about polk audio,kplisch, wharfdale etc.

Today was my first audition at Audio Planet. Unfortunately I didnt book a prior appointment with Palani and just dropped in, luckily he wasnt held up and was able to give me very detail briefing. Infact I didnt have the stereo setup in my mind at first but over our discussion I realized that I wasnt really looking for 5.1 but just a good source to listen to my music and also channel my TV/movie audio via the stereo setup. Palani suggested that would fit my requirement just right.

I told him I could stretch to about 75k and we started off with the Monitor Audio m4 and MS Aviano 6. After the audition me and my wife was pretty sure at what we wanted and it was the Monitor Audio M4. He then then set it up with the monitor BS series but I just felt that the it was overpowering and the m4s were just right.

Now we finally figured that he could get me Monitor Audio m4 + Cambridge audio 550A + Music fidelity DAC including cabling etc at 75k

During my audition, I realized I liked speakers with higher fidelity rather than the warm natured ones. Probably since I was focused on music and not movies. But I've also heard that these causes fatigue over a period or while watching movies.

My room size would be 15x9 feet

Heres my questions:
  • What are other speakers in this same category that are meant for music? (hope this question makes sense)
  • Does anybody have this combination at home? If so how are they?
  • Where are other places in Bangalore I could go to audition for a stereo setup specifically for music?
  • What are the other amps and dacs I could lookout for?
  • Does listening to high fidelity speakers while watching movies cause fatigue?

I'm a newbie so please ignore my ignorance.[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I hope you get to hear at least 10 different combinations before settling on one. happy hunting.
One thing. What you are calling as 'high fidelity' is actually called as bright speakers. High fidelity system will not cause fatigue but bright speakers will cause. However the fatigue depends upon the preference of listener. If you like bright sound, then you may not get fatigued.

Last edited:
No other suggestions guys?

I would like to recommend Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS (27K). Modest price & performance. They are little on the brighter side. But if you pair it up with their own amplifier SIA 320 - Approx 19K (or) a Warm amplifier like Marantz, you have a classy system.

Give them a shot & share your feedback.

Please go through the thread on Musical fidelity V DAC2 before thinking about DAC.DAC will make sense mainly if you want to use computer as well as DVD player as source. If you are a person always prefering discs, Get a CD player like Marantz CD 5004 or equivalent. as source. for a 75k budget, I will look for speakers of about 30k, amp about 25k and rest on source. If you have computer as source then card like Asus xonar essesnce will be great. I would recommend to spend all 75k on components because a person spending 75k on a system can always spend another 5k on interconnects and speaker cables. So don't include cables in that budget. If you are open to active speakers (and are ok with working without a remote for volume), speakers like Genelecs will be great. harmank Kardon 3490 amp with JBL ES80 will cost you about 75k. This is the combo I would personally choose to start. One can look at the source later only if the built in DAC of this terrific amp does not work well with run of the mill DVPs which everyone already has.

Last edited:
I would like to recommend Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS (27K). Modest price & performance. They are little on the brighter side. But if you pair it up with their own amplifier SIA 320 - Approx 19K (or) a Warm amplifier like Marantz, you have a classy system.

Give them a shot & share your feedback.

Hi,

do you where is demo for Sonodyne Sonus 2605 FS in bangalore ?I am also looking tower speakers for Marantz.

Last edited:
@Croma In Eva mall(brigade road)! But u cant have a peaceful audition as there is no private room, this side tv volume, otherside they will be playing games! Give a try!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Some other recommended places which you should check out before finally settling on speakers as well as components are:
  • Vector (close to Brigade Road - for Wharfdales)
  • Cinebels (Miller Road - Jamos, Lavelle Road - Klipsch)
  • ARN systems (Frazer Town - Dali's Lector series as per your budget)
  • HTStore (J.P Nagar 7th phase - Mix of speakers including Tannoy)
  • Uniquesys (Kundanhalli - Mix of speakers including Paradigm)
  • Onkyo store (Barton center - Energy, Elac)
  • ProFX (Barton center - KEF, Polk Audio)
Plus some others which I haven't visited but I know they exist.

If you have a liking for slightly brighter sound (but not necessarily fatiguing) then you would want to try out Polk Audio, Paradigm, KEF too.

And as mentioned, don't jump onto stuff like DAC etc JLT. While you may like to channel your TV audio to the speakers, I presume you would also like to watch movies through DVD/BD player? So just think through if you would like to buy an integrated amp or if you would be better served with an AVR?

Think, hear and then decide :)

There is no proper listening room for Sonodyne :( Croma in Eva Mall does not allow for a true audition and defeats the purpose of a hi-fi session.

Thanks guys for your feedbacks. I check out Cinebels and ProFx this weekend and keep you posted. Unfortunately, there isnt a proper place to demo a Sonodyne in Bangalore.

Guys,

Im thinking of getting myself a music system setup and my initial budget was about 50k. I went through this forum and read about polk audio,kplisch, wharfdale etc.

Today was my first audition at Audio Planet. Unfortunately I didnt book a prior appointment with Palani and just dropped in, luckily he wasnt held up and was able to give me very detail briefing. Infact I didnt have the stereo setup in my mind at first but over our discussion I realized that I wasnt really looking for 5.1 but just a good source to listen to my music and also channel my TV/movie audio via the stereo setup. Palani suggested that would fit my requirement just right.

I told him I could stretch to about 75k and we started off with the Monitor Audio m4 and MS Aviano 6. After the audition me and my wife was pretty sure at what we wanted and it was the Monitor Audio M4. He then then set it up with the monitor BS series but I just felt that the it was overpowering and the m4s were just right.

Now we finally figured that he could get me Monitor Audio m4 + Cambridge audio 550A + Music fidelity DAC including cabling etc at 75k

During my audition, I realized I liked speakers with higher fidelity rather than the warm natured ones. Probably since I was focused on music and not movies. But I've also heard that these causes fatigue over a period or while watching movies.

My room size would be 15x9 feet

Heres my questions:
  • What are other speakers in this same category that are meant for music? (hope this question makes sense)
  • Does anybody have this combination at home? If so how are they?
  • Where are other places in Bangalore I could go to audition for a stereo setup specifically for music?
  • What are the other amps and dacs I could lookout for?
  • Does listening to high fidelity speakers while watching movies cause fatigue?

I'm a newbie so please ignore my ignorance.[/SIZE]

Well, I would suggest you to browse through the features of the phone before zeroing on one.

Thanks guys for your feedbacks. I check out Cinebels and ProFx this weekend and keep you posted. Unfortunately, there isnt a proper place to demo a Sonodyne in Bangalore.

For sonodyne, Contact guys in croma (eva mall - brigade road) ask them for demo at home? they said they have that facility. I asked, but they did not turn up for demo, then I bought wharf, so did not worried about that.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back