Home theatre buying advice, 1lac budget

Hello,

My budget is 1 lac for home theater setup including AVR, +/-10k can be accommodated. I m thinking of buying wharfedale DX-1 with Marantz 1605 or yamaha rx-v677. Also, i want to know about the cables compatible for my system like speaker cables, sub woofer cables.

suggest me if any better option is available.

Regards
Rachit

Hi

The choice of AVR is good, there are also ample speaker systems like Boston Acoustics SOundware XS which is good VFM...there is Definitive Technology procinema, Yamaha speakers as well as Pioneer AJ series.....Jamo S426 HKS 5.0 set is available with Reliance Digital for 27k and you can add a Boston Acoustic Sub ASW 650 (27k) to make it complete.....

The main thing is to audition as many systems as possible and see which ones appeals in performance, requirements, appearance and budget.....trust your ears and eyes as they will be used for the system widely once you purchase it.....

There are lot of speaker cables, subwoofer cable manufacturers in the market...top brands are MONSTER, DAC, etc....make sure that the HDMI cable is the latest format which is high speed and support high data transfer with 3D / 4k.....Speaker cables should be Oxygen Free Cable (OFC) and a certain gauge depending on distance from speaker to AVR...typical gauge is AWG 14 or AWG 16.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back