Home Theatre for home

I don't know how good is the canton speakers. But I think you can get better speakers for 39K. I think the Boston Acoustics 2310 will be a good choice.

I agree...wahrfe 5.1 cinama combos/sonodyne(forgot the model) will be within 42k I think..why canton..dont hurry..and about 1612 and 1912 just think which feitures u need ..if u dont need the 1912 extra feurures u can easily buy 1612..
u can go to sonodyne listning rooms..they keep denon so u can listen carefully how they sound with denon...

ONLINE THE DENON 1612 RETAILS @ 28- 29K AT SEVERAL WEBSITES (JUNGLEE, TECHNOGURU, ETC)
IS THE DENON 1612 GOOD FOR 50-50 MUSIC -MOVIE PERF
ANY SUSBSTITUTES FOR THIS .
DEMO GUY WAS OF THE OPINION THAT THE SPEAKERS R THE SOUL OF ANY SYSTEM AS THEY R THE FINAL OUTPUT DEVICES THE ELECTRONICS IS SECONDARY.THUS A GOOD SPEAKER SET WITH A MEDIUM LEVEL AVR WILL DO WONDERS,

COMPILATIONS OF ~ 40k 5.1 SPEAKER SETS FOR THE ABOVE AVR'S

sonodyne is very good indian brand...u can urself listen to it in ur city..and withinn ur budget...
otherwise u can buy 2 fronts(wharfe/dali/klipsch/polk) for now..and upgrade slowly and buy centre ,sub and surrounds later....
many members are having 1612/1912..with some speakers..can get feedback from them..also u urself listen to different types of speskers with original movie track and original sound track...then decide..

Last edited:
Are these prices the best i can get
denon 1612 - 29000
denon 1912 - 49000
demo guy told me 1912 has only little more power and video upscaling capa.
Canton 5.1 125 - 39000 (demoed with a number of cd's rahul sharma's
santoor sounded fabulous but the background bass was
not that grt)

how r these gallardo??? Book shelf speakers r they real!!! Googled it no info.

Denon 1912 should be available for 42-44k in Mumbai. Talk to spiro or denom. They will also help you in finding you the right speakers that fit your budget.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Following HTIB 's demoed
1. Onkyo 3400 - found very good even at mid vol range , music nd movies were good , 27 K

2. Yamaha HTR3064 with a 5.1 ch speaker set consisting of FS NS8390 and centre nd surr
speakers for a total of 38 K -sound was awesome . Also heard about the same fm a
fellow forum member who had given a detailed review . Don't know if only
the AVR nd the floor standing can be opted for.

3. Tried for a demo for DENOM 1312 XP but couldn't get it
PUNERI GUYS WHERE CAN I GET THE SAME.

Personally so far the onkyo seems to be a good package and Eco too however the only thing holding me back is that the DENOM set has a active sub .
What is the perf diff between these 2 .
Price wise the DENOM is only more than the Onkyo by 5k.

its denon not denom....
onkyo is avilable in croma online at 26k..i just checked...
1312 denon is always preferebale over onkyo 3400 due to active sub and discrete amp channels..

but yes pls demo it...u must like the sound before buying..
yes both are econonomical but as u have already a budget for 70k...and planned for separates...why these models.
but yes off course if you found them satisfactory to ur ears........pretty cool for a value for money stuff....

Last edited:
"denom" is an HFV member from Mumbai. I mentioned him in the previous post and hence probably the confusion.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Hi well my friend is coming fm uk nd he has agreed to carry a avr for me problem is which one is the best:

1. Yam 671 - 349 gbp
2. Yam 473 - 339 gbp

473 has more features and fut proof but is less on power 115w as comp to 150 w of 671.

Hello finally postponed AVR buy and instead bought the DNM A777 stereo amp to couple with my 12 yrs old Sony hi fi speakers

My TWO FRONT speakers specs are

MODEL - SS-VX90AV
4 way , 5 unit bass reflex type , magnetically sheilded.
Woofer. 17 cm cone type
Centre tweeter . 5 cm cone type
Side tweeter. 5 cm cone type X 2
Super tweeter. 4 cm cone type
Nominal impedance. 8 Ohms at 1 KHz
120 Watts RMS POWER OUTPUT Reference.
Weight - approx 5.5 kgs each .
10 % THD

Hello finally postponed AVR buy and instead bought the DNM A777 stereo amp to couple with my 12 yrs old Sony hi fi speakers

My TWO FRONT speakers specs are

MODEL - SS-VX90AV
4 way , 5 unit bass reflex type , magnetically sheilded.
Woofer. 17 cm cone type
Centre tweeter . 5 cm cone type
Side tweeter. 5 cm cone type X 2
Super tweeter. 4 cm cone type
Nominal impedance. 8 Ohms at 1 KHz
120 Watts RMS POWER OUTPUT Reference.
Weight - approx 5.5 kgs each .
10 % THD

I too have SONY VX-90AV in mint condition. It is 18 years old still serving at its best.

Please don't give the speakers. You don't get such a bass in the recent SONY systems. These speakers are marvelous!P_20180305_221444.jpg

Back