Home Theatre for home

Hi friends , today I am buying the Sony BDV E290 HTIB as the blue ray player will be useful for my HT set up later and as of now I really need a A/V system . Guys pls respond in a hurry.

I will say the same thing...

Stay away from htibs of Sony, LG, Samsung and the likes. You can get a very good system for 70K. There is no blu-ray player with AVR based systems. All latest AVRs support HD audio and 3D video support. Buying AVR + speaker system is better than HTiBs. You can mix match AVRs and speakers of your choice. Before make the buy, read more. Also have a look at hifimart.com.

Hi friends , today I am buying the Sony BDV E290 HTIB as the blue ray player will be useful for my HT set up later and as of now I really need a A/V system . Guys pls respond in a hurry.

The biggest problem with such systems is the entire 5.1 will go dead as soon as the player dies. With a HTIB from Onkyo its like separates and you can use any player you want with them as the player is not integrated in the unit.

Always better to buy a Blu-ray or DVD player and by an AVR + speakers. If that's expensive then go with an HTIB from Onkyo and buy a separate Blu-ray or DVD player. Buying an integrated unit like ties everything to the player and the entire system will become useless as soon as the player stops to function.

thanks guys , i did go to the sony showroom and i tried the mentioned 290 as well as the 490 systems , it was really bad . there was no sound fm the woofer and it only did sound when the vol was almost 85% . after hearing them i just dropped the idea nd ur comments just endorse this decision .
i will try the onkyo systems for now any onkyo delaers in Pune city , Forum Friends pls let me know.
Thanks friends for ur inputs.
I did ask my friend in Uk the price of Yam 673 AVR nd he said its about GBP 500.

Buy sony and be sorry later.
:lol::lol:

baiju just snatched my words....

oh I had a relief when I just read u did not buy the lg sony like that htibs........they are complete waste of money...I think I dont need to explain the points as u already changed the idea...
one simple point---u cant enjoy ur tatasky hd box dolby digital sound in a sony htib.....but can do it even in entry level htib from onkyo/yamaha/denon as they have several hdmi input and one hdmi output...

HTIB's like Sony, Panasonic, Philips, etc. are not complete waste of money. To the high end Yamahas, Denons, Onkyos, marantzs, etc., with matching speakers, of course, the all in one htib's cannot compare. But for someone who needs a decent theatre effect these systems are ok. Problem comes when a person who just purchased a Maruti Alto wants to move to a Honda Civic within a year. In that respect one needs to be careful of not wasting money.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

A VERY VALID POINT JUST4KIX , I WANTED TO GO FOR A REALLY GOOD SETUP BUT LOOKING AT THE HIGHER PRICES IN INDIA I HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS NOW . PLAN TO GO FOR An AVR WITH UPSCALING CAPA (eg. YAM x73 SERIES LAUNCHED) FROM ABROAD. BUT THE DIRE NEED FOR KUCH TO AUDIO SYS NOW IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
HAVING GONE THRU THIS FORUM EXTENSIVELY I THINK TO GO FOR A ONKYO / DENON HTIB AND IN A YEAR ND 1/2 TO UPGRADE TO NEWER BETTER ONE WITH A COMPLETE ACOUSTIC ROOM SET UP SO AS TO HAVE A WHOLE SOME EXPERIENCE . THE OLDER SET CAN BE USED AS AN AUXILLARY IN ANOTHER ROOM OR I MIGHT GIFT IT TO MY BROTHER.what say guys is it PRUDENT.

THE other day I had been to VIJAY SALES @ HADAPSAR ROAD . THERE I CAME ACROSS A YAM SET UP WITH A RECEIVER AND 2 FS SPEAKERS WITH WOOFER IN BULIT , THE SOUND WAS MIND BLASTING . THE PRICE WAS 38000 INR . THE AV WAS HT-3xxx SOMETHING . THERE WAS A LOT OF CROWD (15 AUG)ONCE THE SYS WAS DEMOED AND COULDN'T GET THE MODEL NOS.

Puneri guys where can i get demo of pioneer , onkyo, denon htib's in town. Budget 30000- 35000 inr.

You can try at AV excellence but they usually cater to high profile systems purchases. It is located at Akshay Complex, Dhole-Patil road.

Else you can talk to my friend Yashwant (Pappu) Mohod. He runs a shop in Baner. His number is 98220 22239.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Today I took a demo and Oceanic sound in Pune for a Denon 1612 nd canton 125 5.1 ch speaker set . Price quoted was 29k nd 30 k resp. The movie sound track was good the music was average as the demo was done with new unpacked speakers . Sound could be enhanced with other settings . The total price is coming to 68K . The staff and owner were very polite and spent an hour in store . Friends what should I do my hands r itching.

Be patient. Dont be in a hurry and burn ur fingers.

Take time.

Do not go for 5.1. I Prefer 3.1. Satellites can be ignored.

3.1 will be equally good.

3.1 means 2 front and 1 subwoofer, is that correct . Well that option was also there 2 bs front speakers fm gallardo costing around 40k and then a sub for 20k. But as the spekers were not there coundn't get a demo.

Do not go for 5.1. I Prefer 3.1. Satellites can be ignored.
3.1 will be equally good.

For songs this may be ok. But not for movies. Surrounds play a big role in immersive cinema experience. But if he want a good system, he can start with an avr and aa pair of bookshelves and upgrade step by step.

Are these prices the best i can get
denon 1612 - 29000
denon 1912 - 49000
demo guy told me 1912 has only little more power and video upscaling capa.
Canton 5.1 125 - 39000 (demoed with a number of cd's rahul sharma's
santoor sounded fabulous but the background bass was
not that grt)

how r these gallardo??? Book shelf speakers r they real!!! Googled it no info.

Prosenjit how is the onkyo 3400 u have should i think of demoing the onkyo 3500,(price update for that) , (mumbai price is 28000)

I think you can get still better price. 29K for Denon 1612 is too high IMO. I bought the same for 27.5K including shipping to my home. But that was in last year.

1912 is a 7.1 amp and it is more powerful than 1612 and has additional features not available in 1612.

I don't know how good is the canton speakers. But I think you can get better speakers for 39K. I think the Boston Acoustics 2310 will be a good choice.

its very good for cheapest HTIB.......obviously separates will be a winner anytime...
it sounds good when connected from tatasky hd hdmi....dolby digital...have not checked dolby true hd/dts hd..etc yet...since I dont have a br player yet...hehe
bought it at 22.5k(e bay in with 10% coupon).....not tried any music in it....
it is not good when sending 2 channel pcm via hdmi...tested it...sound comes audible at 50 and only comes from fronts..others become silent..(70 is full)...but when feeding dolby d via hdmi...at even 35 it sounds great

yah now even I cant find the same listing in e bay at 25k....so 28k seenms ok..isnt he bargaining...2k less maybe??btw croma online shoing 26k

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back