Home theatre hunt

Correct me if I'm wrong,
Front: Floor standing or Book shelf of your choice - 2 speakers
2) Center- 1 Speaker
3) Surround: Rear or Side - based on your sofa position. Side is normal.(2 Speakers)
4) Subwoofer (1 or 2) usually 1
5) Atmos: Top middle , you mean in the sealing and how many speakers ?
Yes for 1 to 4
For 5) 2 speaker - Top middle left and right. -5.1.2. You need 7.2 (with atmos)receiver for this.
If you buy 9.2 (with atmos)receiver, you can do 5.1.4. Here 4 ceiling speakers.
Minimum plan for 5.1.2. Personally it made a good difference in my setup after adding Atmos. Mine is 5.1.2.

Check Dolby site for recommended setup. 5.1.2

Yes for 1 to 4
For 5) 2 speaker - Top middle left and right. -5.1.2. You need 7.2 (with atmos)receiver for this.
If you buy 9.2 (with atmos)receiver, you can do 5.1.4. Here 4 ceiling speakers.
Minimum plan for 5.1.2. Personally it made a good difference in my setup after adding Atmos. Mine is 5.1.2.

Check Dolby site for recommended setup. 5.1.2
Cheers mate, two upward firing speakers for Atoms is interesting, this should work like charm.
Onkyo TX NR 787, got Atoms and looks to be the best choice considering the price and other thing it could offer.

No one commented on the System Audio A/S speakers yet, any of you guys have listened to it yet ?
Seller says he has already sold some 300 units of SA Saxo series

sa-saxo-50

Cheers mate, two upward firing speakers for Atoms is interesting, this should work like charm.
Onkyo TX NR 787, got Atoms and looks to be the best choice considering the price and other thing it could offer.
Onkyo TX NR 787 is good choice.
But avoid up-firing atmos speaker, better get a ceiling mounted speaker.

Onkyo TX NR 787 is not available in India it seems.
Any reason to avoid up firing speakers ?
Never seen a positive review about up firing speaker. Lot of variables involved like ceiling height, angle, .. ceiling mounted speaker seem to have better results.

Never seen a positive review about up firing speaker. Lot of variables involved like ceiling height, angle, .. ceiling mounted speaker seem to have better results.
Fair enough, but the problem I have is, I don't have false sealing to mount it on the sealing.

Already you have decided the Denon AVR x2400h which is one of the good receiver in market today. Now consider speakers which can match very well with your receiver and can be wall mounted also . Polk RTiA 3 /RTiA1/CSiA 4 / OWM3 with BIC Acoustic PL 200 ii sub may be the package you consider. Polk speakers are front ported and can be easily wall mounted with single nail so you can save money and hassle of mounting hardware. It is said that Denon receivers work well with Polk speakers so you will get an added advantage. BIC Acoustic PL II sub is fantastic subwoofer and favourite among FM.

Will certainly look into the above suggestions mate,I need to do the audition first.

Your Onkyo TX NR 787 suggestion is interesting Elango, started my own research based on your suggestion.

Always good to have more overhead channels..

Onkyo TX NR 787 is not available in India it seems.

It is a new release & it should be aval sooner..

No one commented on the System Audio A/S speakers yet, any of you guys have listened to it yet ?

Nope.. never heard them.. Share the prices of the speakers that you have auditioned.. You may get better suggestions (or) more VFM products..

Seller says he has already sold some 300 units of SA Saxo series

That is a good pitch..;)

Always good to have more overhead channels..

It is a new release & it should be aval sooner..

Nope.. never heard them.. Share the prices of the speakers that you have auditioned.. You may get better suggestions (or) more VFM products..

That is a good pitch..;)
price of 5.1 cost 1.25 lakhs.

Denon basic amplifiers are very decent.. I can say it's better than the onkyo or marantz. For your room size a 5.1.2 is better and I would recommend a onwall speakers (any brand) for u, which looks neat in your living room aesthetically and speakers like system audio are very potential if at all onwall it can be calibrated to deliver the best...all the best for your theatre project.

You have the same model in the form of Pioneer LX 303 on hifimart for 60K - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vs...receiver.html?search=pioneer&description=true

Hmm.. There are more choices to consider for the same money..
Will check those Pioneer receivers, I'm not sure weather I'm right but have this feeling for long time now that Denon>Marantz>Onkyo>Pioneer, may be this could be with various FM options I read.

In regards to speakers, I prefer bright music compared to warmer one's, hope you could list down few from your experience of listening.

Can't help it but I think I'm in a long round before completing my HT set up.

I'm not sure weather I'm right but have this feeling for long time now that Denon>Marantz>Onkyo>Pioneer, may be this could be with various FM options I read.

You missed the Yamaha :).. Please don't worry abt this..

Pick the ones that offers the best features for your budget.. You can always make tweaks to your set-up anytime and make it a better one..

In regards to speakers, I prefer bright music compared to warmer one's, hope you could list down few from your experience of listening.

Assuming you are interested in a 9.2 AVR for 60K, look to complete a 5.x.4 set-up in the remaining budget of 90K..Choose your brands accordingly based on online prices.. Take an audition If you can (since you are specific abt bright sounding), then settle for one..

I would say don't worry much abt it..

Denon basic amplifiers are very decent.. I can say it's better than the onkyo or marantz. For your room size a 5.1.2 is better and I would recommend a onwall speakers (any brand) for u, which looks neat in your living room aesthetically and speakers like system audio are very potential if at all onwall it can be calibrated to deliver the best...all the best for your theatre project.
Why on wall speakers ? is your suggestion based on the available space ? Usually like the floor standing one.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back