Home theatre within 95K

They are not really important beyond how loud they can go. The frequency response will be corrected by Audyssey. Floor standers are also not required. It's better to buy 4x higher quality book shelfs.

However the subwoofer is extremely important and you have to buy a good one. The AVR with MultEQ XT is the most important of all, especially with lower priced speakers and living room environments.

I am thinking of buying the following

Denon AVR-X1100W(for Wifi and multi room setup) / X510BT
Pioneer BS22(2 pair)
Pioneer Center
Sub(High quality-not decided yet)

Now the above combo should give me good 2.1 music right ?
Any other Bookshelf I should consider ?

I am thinking of buying the following

Denon AVR-X1100W(for Wifi and multi room setup) / X510BT
Pioneer BS22(2 pair)
Pioneer Center
Sub(High quality-not decided yet)

Now the above combo should give me good 2.1 music right ?
Any other Bookshelf I should consider ?

Definitely get only the X1100W. The X510BT does not have Audyssey.

Choose the subwoofer next and then fit speakers within the remaining budget. If the budget is a constraint I'd recommend just getting a 2.1 system and upgrading to 5.1 later.

A good set of book shelfs are the Wharfedale Diamond 220 or 121. These have a significant high frequency roll off but it's easily corrected by Audyssey. They can go very loud when combined with a sub.

Definitely get only the X1100W. The X510BT does not have Audyssey.

Choose the subwoofer next and then fit speakers within the remaining budget. If the budget is a constraint I'd recommend just getting a 2.1 system and upgrading to 5.1 later.

A good set of book shelfs are the Wharfedale Diamond 220 or 121. These have a significant high frequency roll off but it's easily corrected by Audyssey. They can go very loud when combined with a sub.

Yeah ill get the X1100W.
I dont know why you are so reluctant about Pioneer AJ.
So many positive reviews over the net and under my budget.Is it overrated ?

What are the BS that I have to look ~20K (pair)

Last edited:
Yeah ill get the X1100W.
I dont know why you are so reluctant about Pioneer AJ.
So many positive reviews over the net and under my budget.Is it overrated ?

Because you don't need the floor standers and the subwoofer is complete crap. I strongly recommend going to a showroom and listening to book shelfs with a subwoofer and Audyssey enabled. The guys at Volumate are really helpful and they will do this for you.

Because you don't need the floor standers and the subwoofer is complete crap. I strongly recommend going to a showroom and listening to book shelfs with a subwoofer and Audyssey enabled. The guys at Volumate are really helpful and they will do this for you.

Okay.I understand.
Thank you !

I would concur with most of what @LocutusEstBorg said here...

I have the most underrated speaker of the forum.... I have watched movies on the same speaker with & with-out Audyssey Calibration, and am extremely impressed with what Audyssey did to my HT experience...

BS + Sub combo is more than enough to enjoy stereo and HT experience....

If you can go more than 5.1 with your room size, it would keep you happy for a HT experience...

I also agree with @LocutusEstBorg.

You don't need FS for movie. Get decent BS with good sub. You won't repent. Take the demo for SVS/HSU sub.

Okay.What bookshelf should i go for ?

1)Pioneer Bs22(11K)
2)Polk RtiA3(29K)
3)Sonodyne

If you just buying a 2.1 for now then get the best book shelfs you can afford. That would be the RTiA3. However, choose the subwoofer first and fit the book shelfs in the remaining budget.

The only thing that matters in the book shelfs is how loud it goes without distorting. Don't bother about how it sounds - Audyssey will take care of that. Buy which ever suits your volume requirements.

Last edited:
If you just buying a 2.1 for now then get the best book shelfs you can afford. That would be the RTiA3. However, choose the subwoofer first and fit the book shelfs in the remaining budget.

The only thing that matters in the book shelfs is how loud it goes without distorting. Don't bother about how it sounds - Audyssey will take care of that. Buy which ever suits your volume requirements.

Please suggest a good Sub ~35K (which i can buy in chennai)
My room is 250-300sq ft.

Last edited:
Slightly OT - @LocutusEstBorg, i recollect your posts abt an opinion on Dolby Atmos vs Audyssey DSX setup.... Have you shortlisted any AVR?

Please suggest a good Sub ~35K (which i can buy in chennai)
My room is 250-300sq ft.
The Velodyne Impact 12 is the lowest hitting sub in the ~35k price range. It goes down to -3 dB at 29 Hz with 165 W of power.
The Wharfedale SPC-10 is significantly louder at 215 W but only goes down to -3 dB at 35 Hz.

You should be able to demo both in Chennai.

Slightly OT - @LocutusEstBorg, i recollect your posts abt an opinion on Dolby Atmos vs Audyssey DSX setup.... Have you shortlisted any AVR?

I mainly wanted to upgrade to XT32. DSX & Atmos would have been just a bonus. Instead I abandoned that idea and bought Dirac Live for my PC. Now I'm just using my SR5008 as a power amplifier with the multi-channel analog inputs. It's not even connected to any display in or out!

I am thinking of getting it from amazon.com

Is there anything I have to get afraid with buying from amazon.(com) apart from the warranty issues ?

I am thinking of getting it from amazon.com

Is there anything I have to get afraid with buying from amazon.(com) apart from the warranty issues ?
It's cheaper to buy it in India.

The US components only run on 60 Hz and 110 V. Even with a (very powerful) transformer, the frequency mismatch can cause problems in a few cases such as a buzzing sound from the amp or overheating.

It's cheaper to buy it in India.

The US components only run on 60 Hz and 110 V. Even with a (very powerful) transformer, the frequency mismatch can cause problems in a few cases such as a buzzing sound from the amp or overheating.

About the speakers ? and subwoofer ?

About the speakers ? and subwoofer ?
Only speakers can be bought abroad. The subwoofer is also powered by the mains. The shipping and customs duty will exceed the Indian price.

If you don't want to get ripped off then I suggest buying Wharfedale speakers and subwoofer. They are sold here even cheaper than the UK price.

You can get the SPC-10 and the Diamond 220 or 121.

Hi There!
Good discussion going on here.. I would like to add my experience.
I started my HT with an entry level ONKYO HTS-3400 (an HTiB includes HTR-390 AVR + Onkyo passive sub + onkyo satellite speakers). Then I realized the need for a better speaker, then added Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-BS 22 - the front L/R audio became much better and I started enjoying music; impressed by the performance which followed by adding a Pioneer SP-C22; now dialogue became very clear! I almost became a fan of Pioneer Andrew Jones series; so the FS-52 came home next month!; I would say the music got MUCH MUCH better than the BS-22. even movies sound better now. (My whole experience is still pairing with my old ONKYO supplied passive sub woofer; so the difference between BS and FS may be lesser if you are with a good powered sub).

If you are on a budget; I would suggest you to get the FS-52, C-22, BS-22 and add a Velodyne Impact 12 sub; power all these with a Denon AVR-X1100W. This will be a good quality setup for long time. - infact I'm also thinking to upgrade (AVR and SUB) to this setup.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back