Home theatre within 95K

I am finally settling for wharf diamond 220(if available in india)/122 with a velodyne sub (now or later)

For avr I havr selected denon x1100 w.
Just came across marantz NR1504Slim for 30K.is that any good than denon 1100w ?

I contacted hifiMart and they said that the diamond 220 will be available by the end of march only.
So i am considering the Sonodyne 1501v3

Use them as the front's till the wharfs arrive and then move them to rear.
I could not demo them anywhere in chennai.So going with a wild guess.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Can i blindly go for Sonodyne ?

I am finally settling for wharf diamond 220(if available in india)/122 with a velodyne sub (now or later)

For avr I havr selected denon x1100 w.
Just came across marantz NR1504Slim for 30K.is that any good than denon 1100w ?

what is the offer you are getting for Denon 1100w? Lowest i can see online is at htstore for 45k. Remember one of the FM got it for 40k. I am also considering this model.

I am going to finalize the following

Denon X1100 W @40K
Wharf diamond 122 (pair) + 102 C + DFS (pair) @ 60.3K

what is the offer you are getting for Denon 1100w? Lowest i can see online is at htstore for 45k. Remember one of the FM got it for 40k. I am also considering this model.
40K ;)

Denon X1100 W @40K

40K ;)

That's a good setup. But what about the sub? Movies will be severely lacking without a sub. I strongly suggest just getting the front, centre and an Impact 12 first. You'll have far better sound with a sub instead of the surrounds.

That's a good setup. But what about the sub? Movies will be severely lacking without a sub. I strongly suggest just getting the front, centre and an Impact 12 first. You'll have far better sound with a sub instead of the surrounds.

But i am getting 20K discount for the 5ch package only :-/

But i am getting 20K discount for the 5ch package only :-/

You can expect 15% discount on every individual piece, especially if you buy at least two items from the dealer. Diamond 100 is being phased out and they want to get rid of it. You can easily get 12-13k if you exclude the surrounds. The DFS is not even part of the Diamond 100 series. Buy the Impact 12 instead.

Last edited:
You can expect 15% discount on every individual piece, especially if you buy at least two items from the dealer. Diamond 100 is being phased out and they want to get rid of it. You can easily get 12-13k if you exclude the surrounds. The DFS is not even part of the Diamond 100 series. Buy the Impact 12 instead.

I will post back after the query is answered

I think you will get discount on the mentioned price in the web if you call and check with them.

Many of the denon users are also suggesting Dali zensor series with Denon x1100w as a good match. You may also want to check that locally.

Denon X1100 W @40K

40K ;)

People, I haven't heard 5.1 music till now. I just wonder how the dipoles will do when i throw some 5.1 music on them.

Hifimart has said that the 3.0 offer is over and only the 5.0 offer is available.

At the same time I have a thought about the DALI's
Should i give it a try ? How to they compare to the wharfs ?

Hifimart has said that the 3.0 offer is over and only the 5.0 offer is available.

At the same time I have a thought about the DALI's
Should i give it a try ? How to they compare to the wharfs ?

The high frequencies are louder out of the box, but sound the same after Audyssey. They are also overpriced so you're getting less speaker for the same cost. My recommendation is to buy whatever comes closest to the foreign price when converted. Wharfedale has the best ratio - they're cheaper in India than abroad.

It has been 2 days i have been using my system
When i heard the 122 i was really satisfied and was hearing it all day long.

When i connected the dfs as 2.0 ...
I was blown away.this might sound silly.But now i would like to have the DFS as the fronts.

When i play stereo with dfs even when i rise volume to about 74 on my x1100 w .. It is very pleasing. It does not sound harsh.very addictive.

When i hear stereo with the 122 .. It sounds harsh .. Even after calibration. I donno whats wrong with it :(

how much discount,%, did you received for your wharfe 122 package?
Even i am thinking the same for my Onkyo 636.

I had thought of buying 122's,the bigger one, but now after reading this forum, as the members have suggested that post calibration, all the speakers almost sound the same,i might go for 121's for my room size 23ft x 12ft. I hope 121's will not be smaller for my room size.

It has been 2 days i have been using my system
When i heard the 122 i was really satisfied and was hearing it all day long.

When i connected the dfs as 2.0 ...
I was blown away.this might sound silly.But now i would like to have the DFS as the fronts.

When i play stereo with dfs even when i rise volume to about 74 on my x1100 w .. It is very pleasing. It does not sound harsh.very addictive.

When i hear stereo with the 122 .. It sounds harsh .. Even after calibration. I donno whats wrong with it :(

dfs are intended for surround purpose.. Hope you had fun experimenting them...

stereo with 122 sound harsh ? I think you have engaged Audyssey when listening to stereo...Try using pure direct mode.. it should be good..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back