Home theatre.

The only situation you'd want to think of Bose or any wall hanging micro cube speaker, is if you have no space at all and you're at a point where your wife/partner will throw you out of the house once you introduce a bunch of black boxes.

I am not averse to Bose or even copy cats of the product. Some situations or households don't allow the bulk of a traditional equipment. A compact loudspeaker system makes sense.
That's not the situation Sandeep ji,
still single.
Have space for good bookshelf speakers & subwoofer, but not able to select the right combo within my budget.
Doing so much audio research that my confusion is increasing 😀
Almost finalized on the format -
Best budget 2.1 system for now.

Doing so much audio research that my confusion is increasing 😀
Thats likely because you have not gone to market and listened to equipment. Apologies if you have.
Walk into all showrooms you have in your City. Tell them how much you want to spend or your budget. Don't feel afraid to tell them if its low to begin with. Its their job to make it all work for you, give you a good deal. This will also indicate the interest the dealer has to sell you a product. Some want your business, some shoo you away. You get to decide who you want to deal with and who not to.
Once you get a sense of whats available, their cost and how they sound, you will get some perspective over what you want. Should you spend that extra or not.

Don't go berserk on your first buy. If you can only afford an AVR and two speakers, start here.
You maybe tempted by an offer for a full 6 channel speaker setup cause it comes cheap and within your budget. Do an alt scenario if there is a smaller setup with better components and compare what you get for your money.

Get in touch with Dev from Bass Treble. He bought my iQ9 speakers many years ago. He is an audio dealer, atleast at the time I interacted with him. 9894018283

Thats likely because you have not gone to market and listened to equipment. Apologies if you have.
Walk into all showrooms you have in your City. Tell them how much you want to spend or your budget. Don't feel afraid to tell them if its low to begin with. Its their job to make it all work for you, give you a good deal. This will also indicate the interest the dealer has to sell you a product. Some want your business, some shoo you away. You get to decide who you want to deal with and who not to.
Once you get a sense of whats available, their cost and how they sound, you will get some perspective over what you want. Should you spend that extra or not.

Don't go berserk on your first buy. If you can only afford an AVR and two speakers, start here.
You maybe tempted by an offer for a full 6 channel speaker setup cause it comes cheap and within your budget. Do an alt scenario if there is a smaller setup with better components and compare what you get for your money.

Get in touch with Dev from Bass Treble. He bought my iQ9 speakers many years ago. He is an audio dealer, atleast at the time I interacted with him. 9894018283

You are right Sandeep ji, never gone for a demo as I've not shortlisted any speaker- combo pack. Just found an ultimate one, atleast for me - Focal SIB EVO 5.1 HT system, priced at 90K on HiFiMART.
Please review it.
I know all our FMs have already judged it, waiting for their expert opinion 🙏

You are right Sandeep ji, never gone for a demo as I've not shortlisted any speaker- combo pack. Just found an ultimate one, atleast for me - Focal SIB EVO 5.1 HT system, priced at 90K on HiFiMART.
Please review it.
For loudspeakers, I follow a simple rule. No buying unless I can listen to it. It can be the best loudspeaker in the world and might have everyone singing praises about it on youtube or wherever. This is a critical component. If they don't sound right, to you, you're essentially screwed.

I won't be reviewing any speaker or product for you or anyone. What sounds good or not so good to me need not necessarily mean that it can't work for you. My room, listening conditions are different to yours.

Go to market and start listening. You'll miss out otherwise by not doing this.

For loudspeakers, I follow a simple rule. No buying unless I can listen to it. It can be the best loudspeaker in the world and might have everyone singing praises about it on youtube or wherever. This is a critical component. If they don't sound right, to you, you're essentially screwed.

I won't be reviewing any speaker or product for you or anyone. What sounds good or not so good to me need not necessarily mean that it can't work for you. My room, listening conditions are different to yours.

Go to market and start listening. You'll miss out otherwise by not doing this.
I got your point. It will not be easy for me to get a demo of this particular system.

Thanks for your comprehensive guidance Sir. So Ahuja is good as PA system. I checked both Marantz and Denon amps - both made by same group company. I find Marantz PM6007 a class apart.
Even though it's just a stereo amp- costs around 60K. While Denon AVR X550BT costs around 40K.

Thanks for your comprehensive guidance Sir. So Ahuja combo is good as a PA system. I checked all of your suggestions.
(Marantz & Denon are made by same group companies)
•Marantz PM6007- 60K.
•Marantz NR1510 -with great reviews, surprisingly priced so differently on various sites, best offer is 55K.
•Denon X550BT - around 40K.
•Yamaha RX-V4A - fully loaded- 62K.
I find Marantz PM6007 a class apart,
even though just a stereo amp.
(PM6006 has no subwoofer out, if I am right)
Either a 2.1 or a 5.1 -
Marantz seems a better choice.
So now I've to shortlist the speaker combo.
5.1 packs costing around 50K normally have 1-way satellite speakers.
Except Sonodyne mini HT which have
2-way ones.
We can select bigger & better speakers for 2.1 set up.
Home theatre for me is good music.
Can't afford to get lost in the expensive,
ever evolving surround sound formats.
I welcome your expert opinion & suggestions🙏
marantz new one is not 60k.will fall smwhr between 35k to 45k.even in hifinart i guess it was 35k if am not wrong.
even during 2020 later half the yamaha rxv 625 was selling around 52k at offline yamaha retailers.i dont think even with inflated prices the v4a will be 62k.talk to offline sellers and do bargain a bit.i have heard denon has reliability issues compared to yamaha but again thats smthng i cant confirm.if your main req isnt stereo please dont go for pm6007.coz its a pain to each time change sound settings to pcm on ott apps if u connect your tv to the pm6007 or for that matter any 2channel amp.
i would rather suggest to go for v4a and slowly build your system rather than go all out and due to finanacial constraints(that we all face) compromise on speakers or the avr

Last edited:
marantz new one is not 60k.will fall smwhr between 35k to 45k.even in hifinart i guess it was 35k if am not wrong.
even during 2020 later half the yamaha rxv 625 was selling around 52k at offline yamaha retailers.i dont think even with inflated prices the v4a will be 62k.talk to offline sellers and do bargain a bit.i have heard denon has reliability issues compared to yamaha but again thats smthng i cant confirm.if your main req isnt stereo please dont go for pm6007.coz its a pain to each time change sound settings to pcm on ott apps if u connect your tv to the pm6007 or for that matter any 2channel amp.
i would rather suggest to go for v4a and slowly build your system rather than go all out and due to finanacial constraints(that we all face) compromise on speakers or the avr
That's the latest online prices I quoted.
I agree with you regarding the retailers giving a better bargain. I will be doing the same.Thanks for clearing the connection issues, so I should go for an AVR. I will go through the V4A specs & reviews and get back to you. Yes I will have to go step by step. 🙏

That's the latest online prices I quoted.
I agree with you regarding the retailers giving a better bargain. I will be doing the same.Thanks for clearing the connection issues, so I should go for an AVR. I will go through the V4A specs & reviews and get back to you. Yes I will have to go step by step. 🙏
Definitly go for an Avr and try to buy an almost good one with two front speakers.Then gradually when you have enough disposable money go for the centres and then woofer and later the surrounds.This is how atleast i had planned.
As per my feeling if you go for yamaha dont go for too much bright or clinical speakers .Better go for a bit warm sounding speakers.I hope you understand what i am saying.
eg. i bough RXV-625 and a pair of Polk signatures S20 online during covid era.I could never audition and when i plugged them i felt that the sound comes a bit thin,although you can listen to many details but still the body to the song was missing.Now when i am using it with my Marantz PM-6007 they really sound ok or good to me as it seems the marantzs are a bit warm.

Almost 4 months here, I'm happy to
learn a lot about audio systems from
our audiophile members' interactions.
Still not found a system in my budget.
Are Ahuja audio systems good for home?
Some of their amps.,speakers & subwoofer seems a solid option.
I have shortlisted 3 of them, if some of our members can judge them, I will give the details.They are priced right.
They don't have any advanced audio formats & features.
Sound bars look loaded & affordable,
but not an option for me.
All suggestions welcome.
Looking for that right advice.
Best wishes to all 🙏
I have gone through all your posts in this thread. I would suggest you to start small with EDIFIER 1700BTS and when you have perishable income add a subwoofer. Later add an entry level dacs like Topping E30. Listen to it for sometime and then one by one you can upgrade your setup from there to an exclusive stereo or a home theater with AVR based on your requirements. In the meantime you too will have gained some experience to appreciate the changes in SQ that the little upgrades brings to your setup.

I have gone through all your posts in this thread. I would suggest you to start small with EDIFIER 1700BTS and when you have perishable income add a subwoofer. Later add an entry level dacs like Topping E30. Listen to it for sometime and then one by one you can upgrade your setup from there to an exclusive stereo or a home theater with AVR based on your requirements. In the meantime you too will have gained some experience to appreciate the changes in SQ that the little upgrades brings to your setup.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Edifier speakers have good reviews.
I have already excluded powered speakers & sound bars from my wishlist.
You are right, being a novice, I find this forum very helpful to learn about audio systems.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Edifier speakers have good reviews.
I have already excluded powered speakers & sound bars from my wishlist.
You are right, being a novice, I find this forum very helpful to learn about audio systems.
Since you are from coimbatore I would suggest you to visit a pre-owned gear shop named Audiosource Electronics in oppanakara street and meet Mr. Ibrahim. I can share you his number if required.

Definitly go for an Avr and try to buy an almost good one with two front speakers.Then gradually when you have enough disposable money go for the centres and then woofer and later the surrounds.This is how atleast i had planned.
As per my feeling if you go for yamaha dont go for too much bright or clinical speakers .Better go for a bit warm sounding speakers.I hope you understand what i am saying.
eg. i bough RXV-625 and a pair of Polk signatures S20 online during covid era.I could never audition and when i plugged them i felt that the sound comes a bit thin,although you can listen to many details but still the body to the song was missing.Now when i am using it with my Marantz PM-6007 they really sound ok or good to me as it seems the marantzs are a bit warm.
Grateful for your suggestion. I am not on that level to understand the finer nuances of sound imaging. I trust on the expert reviews. But I will deeply study the proper matching AVR and speakers.

Since you are from coimbatore I would suggest you to visit a pre-owned gear shop named Audiosource Electronics in oppanakara street and meet Mr. Ibrahim. I can share you his number if required.
I have seen him
in 2 different YouTube channels.
All the contact details were there.
There's mixed reviews in the comment section.
They have shown one more similar showroom on Oppanakara street,
an authorised dealer.
So I will visit both of them.
Thanks again 🙏

Back