hometheather speakers as checked in luggage

Hi, How did you manage to get in the luggage, have you checked it as a separate baggage. I am currently in UK thinking of getting SVS - SB1000.
As this is 13 inch cube, I think I can keep it in Checked baggage with few clothes as protection.
Please suggest.

If you still haven't traveled than may be my answer can help you :) . Airline doesn't care about speakers just they care dimensions due to different type of aircraft used so basically just book any airline which have checked in size restriction more than the size of your stuff( do check l*B*H restriction) and weight max strict 32 (generally all the airline allow you till 32 with extra charges)
I will very strongly advise you to send your stuff through out of gauge belt and with my exp i never faced any issue .(heathrow --> delhi always)

Customs(Only Delhi)
Generally they wont care for suitcase and even if they ask just say old speakers & used with cost less than 50 thousand (They only know bose even lot of my friends :) )
For boxes they might ask and will have a scan Thats it

With my exp i noticed BA airline most of the time allow oversize bag for free (please also confirm in email apart from site :) ) upto 2 bag( 2nd bag will cost 40-50 pound) so you can even bring your floorstander just take care of again oversize limits and weights.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back