How about bthis offer

surinder1508

Guys I got an offer to get seven months old (still under warranty) ipod nano 8gb 4th gen @3.5K. Should I go for this as my main objective is to get best sound in this price bracket or can I get anything else sounding better in this range if yes please mention the product.

Of course I'll get better earphones separately if I should go for ipod nano.

Surinderji, The price is actually quite good for an 8gb nano. If you want an iPod you should actually go for it. But if you are looking at the best sound quality you should also look at the offerings from Cowon and Sansa in the same range, like Cowon D2+, i audio7, Sansa Clip Plus, Sansa Fuze etc
Imho, great sound quality, better features, drag and drop, expandable memory and varied audio format support.
Titus

i audio7, Sansa Clip Plus, Sansa Fuze etc
Imho, great sound quality, better features, drag and drop, expandable memory and varied audio format support.
Titus

@ iaudio-Thats you...:D
Price of Nano is really good.SQ is decent & if condition is good,nothing wrong in getting it.

Last edited:
Well guys thanks for such quick response my price range means 3.5K or lesser so no Cowon D2plus, i audio7 kind of stiff possible here and I'm not looking for video capabilities first place.

So if better sounding mp3 player possible even 2gb and no video is a welcome for me so its very clear best possible sound in my range which is 3.5K or lesser the batter.

@ iaudio-Thats you...:D
Price of Nano is really good.SQ is decent & if condition is good,nothing wrong in getting it.

Yes the player's condition is as good as new one and as you say decent SQ is that means even batter SQ possible in 3.5K or it is the best overall experience I can have in my bucks?

Last edited:
As Nizarp says, you can buy Sansa Clip+, which also has the expandable memory slot. If you are serious about the sound quality, then my recommendation is Cowon D2+ or iAudio 7.

I have used Sansa Clip earlier and now I am using Cowon iAudio 7 and I would say the sound quality of iAudio7 is better than Sansa. Please note that iAudio 7 is costlier than Sansa Clip+ and there is no expansion slot. But you can get the Cowon D2 (4GB) for 5.5k at cowonindia.in. Actually this is cheaper than D2+ and there is only interface upgrades have been done compared to D2.

I would suggest you to invest something for good headphones also. Because the bundled headphones are not that good.

Yes the player's condition is as good as new one and as you say decent SQ is that means even batter SQ possible in 3.5K or it is the best overall experience I can have in my bucks?

No,not thatway, half may opt for cowon & other appleway.
This apple nano 8gb is whatshifi award winner & for price ,its Best.
again listen & compare.:)

Last edited:
Spiro bhai, He he! You make it sound like a plug. The nano 8gb for 3.5k is an excellent deal but I would still prefer the Sansa clip for 2k or the D2 for a little more. And yes, I have had these players inc Nano for a substantial period of time(I had both my D2 and a friends Nano for some time).
iPod sound quality is not bad, it is good, but the others do pip it. ipod wins on interface while the others win on features.

Titus

I have used many players from ipod nano, 80 gb classic, sony, creative. Due to muthusami i came across cowon previously the name only i have across. Believe me.i pods are only in the mag level reviews cowon simply outbeat it in quality battery wattage that is driving capacity and downloaing easiness. So my vote is in favour of cowon only. My ipods and sony and many digital player are being idle due to the arrival of cowon. So go through demo of cowon and decide. I tune down loading is simply for electronic engineers

But you can get the Cowon D2 (4GB) for 5.5k at cowonindia.in. Actually this is cheaper than D2+ and there is only interface upgrades have been done compared to D2

I guess BBE+ was new in D2+ compared to D2. But, D2 can be rock boxed (A custom open source firmware which is better than many others with respect to format support, browsing and themes). D2+ firmware can also be installed on D2.

OK then what about used Cowon D2 8gb @4.5K perfectly working condition. So now I shortlisted these three used ipod nano 8gb @3.5K or used Cowon D2 8gb @4.5K or new Sansa clip plus 4gb @2.5K. Among these three which is suppose to give me best sound?

Surinder, if you can live with the bulk of the D2 there is nothing like it. Also keep in mind that it has a resistive touch screen which is decently responsive. It does have dedicated hard keys one can program as per needs. Btw, you cant scroll as fast as you can with the ipod scroll wheel. But at the end of the day, I would pick a Cowon 8gb for 4.5k, its a steal. The Sq, battery life, feature set is amazing.
Oh, by the way Cowon wont give you the flaunt value and instant recognition that an ipod will give and accessories are difficult to source, whereas every Tom,Dick and Harry is out there making accessories for the ipod.

OTOH, where are you getting these offers from? PM me! If only I hadnt bought the clip plus recently, I would have again gone for a Cowon D2 at that price.

Surinder, if you can live with the bulk of the D2 there is nothing like it. Also keep in mind that it has a resistive touch screen which is decently responsive. It does have dedicated hard keys one can program as per needs. Btw, you cant scroll as fast as you can with the ipod scroll wheel. But at the end of the day, I would pick a Cowon 8gb for 4.5k, its a steal. The Sq, battery life, feature set is amazing.
Oh, by the way Cowon wont give you the flaunt value and instant recognition that an ipod will give and accessories are difficult to source, whereas every Tom,Dick and Harry is out there making accessories for the ipod.

OTOH, where are you getting these offers from? PM me! If only I hadnt bought the clip plus recently, I would have again gone for a Cowon D2 at that price.

Thanks a lot buddy for zeroing myself on D2 as I don't care about flaunt value and what other think about my stuff as far as it suits to me and can live a bit bulky device for the sake of SQ.

Any time! I hope you get to listen to both before taking a final call.
Please set aside some money for good headphones.

Deal done @4.2K shipped along with 4GB card n pouch should be at my place by Wednesday at most.Now hunting for a good pair of IEMs around 2K.

Bingo! got my Cowon D2 8GB yesterday in immaculate condition with all the bells ringing along with protective pouch n 4GB card. Here is the link for the trade done.

TechEnclave

Now I have to decide for IEM for the same in between Klipsch S4i @4Kor Hippo VB @3.5K.So which is better in SQ N lots of bass.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back