How is this 5.1 setup

i_know_nothing

A/V Receiver - Denon X2700H
Front Speakers - KEF Q350
Center - KEF Q250C
Surround - KEF T301
Sub - KEF 10b

Alternatives
A/V Receiver alternative - Yamaha’s RX-V6A. I heard Denon has parts issues after 2-3 years. This A/V receiver is still not launched in India.
Surround alternative - KEF Q150

Last edited:
KEF seemed good for movies & music alike when i had auditioned. I had demoed the Kef Q650C and found it to be good. Any reason for not going for the 650C (price difference seems to be about 8k so i feel it would be worthwile going for the 650C).

There are better known alternative for the sub and you dont need to brand match the sub, options at around 70k(MRP of the kef 10b) are XTZ 12.17 ( will be around 80k mark but is a solid performer) / SVS PB1000 (I belive selling price should be 70k or lower) . Having said that i have never demoed a Kef sub so dont really know how it would fare but above choices would certainly go well.

Its less than a year since I own a denon receiver but there are many owners of the denon AVR here and have not seen any such complaints from the owners. The X2700H should be available with ProFX as they are not getting stocks of the X2600H anymore. Also i think you would be good to go with a X2600H , will save some money and is future proof for atleast the next few years since 8k displays are nowhere affordable at the moment and 8k content is not coming anytime soon either

Thank you fLUX.

I wanted to go for Q650c but its huge and I have a space problem. The speaker will be too close to the wall and too close to the front speakers. Thanks for that suggestion.

The reason I am matching the speakers and sub is because I demoed it at ProFX. Where can I demo SVS in Bombay and the issue is that can you judge a sub with other speakers and still assume that it will work KEFs.

Thanks for the x2600H advice. I will check the difference with X2700H. I don't care about 8K as much but will check if there are other subtle differences.

Thank you fLUX.

I wanted to go for Q650c but its huge and I have a space problem. The speaker will be too close to the wall and too close to the front speakers. Thanks for that suggestion.

The reason I am matching the speakers and sub is because I demoed it at ProFX. Where can I demo SVS in Bombay and the issue is that can you judge a sub with other speakers and still assume that it will work KEFs.

Thanks for the x2600H advice. I will check the difference with X2700H. I don't care about 8K as much but will check if there are other subtle differences.

Not sure on where you can demo the sub in Mumbai, I guess someone local from Mumbai can guide you on that. A sub from any brand will do, they just producE the Low Frequencies so doesnt matter which brand speakers you are using , so you can demo and purchase one which fits your budget and performs to your liking. From a matching perspective the most important in a HT system is the LCR which need to be of the same brand and further preferably of same series, matching surrounds are good to have but not neccesary.

Yup the Q650C are humongous , the Q250C would be a better fit in this case.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back