How many among us are using HiFi Systems in Rented House ?

technobhatt

Hi All,
As per my personal survey, NOT EVERYBODY own a house in his/her initial phase of career. Many people have been staying in rented houses for long, hence they don't wish to accumulate lot of household items and gadgets due to space constraint and to avoid hassle of moving items here and there. (I hope I'm generous enough by not including money-constraint here.)

About me, I stay in a rented house and becoming a house owner may take upto next 3 years. Thanks to the extended time taken by the builders !

For me, it's been tough to stay away from using hi-tech electronic gadgets. Recently I became a 40" TV owner and started the journey by using an entry level 5.1 HT system. (Thanks to Hifivision!) And I'm damn sure, at this speed...soon I'll be doomed ...as Hifivision is driving me crazy to experience Hi-end HT systems !!

Here comes my question !
How many among us are using their HiFi systems in rented houses ?
Or people have taken their time to wait till they own a house ?
Or many experts at Hifivision have their own houses since the beginning of their journey ?

Please note: I don't intend to know any personal stuff. Just curious to know...how many are managing HiFi systems in rented houses. They can discuss about the challenges faced using HiTech systems in rented house or so on...

Hi All,
As per my personal survey, NOT EVERYBODY own a house in his/her initial phase of career. Many people have been staying in rented houses for long, hence they don't wish to accumulate lot of household items and gadgets due to space constraint and to avoid hassle of moving items here and there. (I hope I'm generous enough by not including money-constraint here.)

About me, I stay in a rented house and becoming a house owner may take upto next 3 years. Thanks to the extended time taken by the builders !

For me, it's been tough to stay away from using hi-tech electronic gadgets. Recently I became a 40" TV owner and started the journey by using an entry level 5.1 HT system. (Thanks to Hifivision!) And I'm damn sure, at this speed...soon I'll be doomed ...as Hifivision is driving me crazy to experience Hi-end HT systems !!

Here comes my question !
How many among us are using their HiFi systems in rented houses ?
Or people have taken their time to wait till they own a house ?
Or many experts at Hifivision have their own houses since the beginning of their journey ?

Please note: I don't intend to know any personal stuff. Just curious to know...how many are managing HiFi systems in rented houses. They can discuss about the challenges faced using HiTech systems in rented house or so on...

I was managing my hifi setup in a rented house for the last one year... Very recently i moved to my new flat...

I guess the Wiring is the only thing which gets wasted due to different length requirement for a HT system, apart from that rest every thing can be shifted from one place to another.

mini theatre and stereo all in rented house...
the theatre is made such as way that it can be removed easily if i move:)

what difference does it makes.. till the time i pay rent or not its mine for those 30 days. yeah frequently moving houses . wiring will be an issue but trust me , every audiophile would be more than happy to clean every bit of the equipment and again reset them and get lost....!!! what say ????

I wouldn't miss a minute of good music from good sounding equipment, forget waiting for a year or two.

Life is short buddy, very short, enjoy every bit the best you can :cheers:

I'm on the same boat a you technobhatt. Thought I'd be sensible and get all the AV stuff I wanted once I settled into a place of my own. But after buying a new TV, just couldn't be patient anymore.

Great to see the responses so far ! I can guess that many persons have got the thinking like me that it's very much possible to manage such stuff even in a rented house. I was simply in dilemma due to the surroundings around me. Not a single friend of mine has appreciated the idea...that how come I can spend this much just for watching movies...that too when I'm bachelor and staying in rented house !!

mini theatre and stereo all in rented house...
the theatre is made such as way that it can be removed easily if i move:)
Wow...you are managing a Theater in rented house !

I guess the Wiring is the only thing which gets wasted due to different length requirement for a HT system, apart from that rest every thing can be shifted from one place to another.

Wiring is really the biggest hassle.... There was not much scope for wiring in the room...yet I managed it by screwing the entire wall with batton and I'm sure there may be problem in getting back the security deposit from the House Owner while I leave ;-)

what difference does it makes.. till the time i pay rent or not its mine for those 30 days. yeah frequently moving houses . wiring will be an issue but trust me , every audiophile would be more than happy to clean every bit of the equipment and again reset them and get lost....!!! what say ????

Really, I would be pleased to clean every stuff whenever I move :)

I wouldn't miss a minute of good music from good sounding equipment, forget waiting for a year or two.

Life is short buddy, very short, enjoy every bit the best you can :cheers:

That's the funda....why should one wait for any specific time to enjoy such stuff...and we never know when the time is right or wrong !

One of my uncle said...He had a great desire to listen and enjoy Sony Walkman during the initial days of his career. But he though to wait for sometime to buy it....so he waited..waited and waited...and one day...he got some ear problem due to the extensive noises in his Cement Factory. Now he can't afford listening high volumes! Sad ending !
I wish it never happens with anybody.

I'm on the same boat a you technobhatt. Thought I'd be sensible and get all the AV stuff I wanted once I settled into a place of my own. But after buying a new TV, just couldn't be patient anymore.

Really, After buying the TV...I met with one of the greatest culprit on Internet..named as "HiFiVision" and rest is history ! Patience is totally gone !

Really, After buying the TV...I met with one of the greatest culprit on Internet..named as "HiFiVision" and rest is history ! Patience is totally gone !

Haha...well said sir !!!
How many of you FMs have had complaints from their neighbors due to their AV gear ?
:D

I bought my Sony LCD in rented house in gurgaon. Just in 18 days I shifted back to Kolkata.... I knew I was gonna shift very soon but could not be more patient :p

Now I'm getting a new flat in WB, Hope to get a new HT system and replace the old one as soon as we move in. ( BYW, my wife has imposed embargo on Hifi spending for a Year due to Flat purchase:sad:)

I have been using a music system since I was in college and used to stay in hostel. The system consisted of large speakers and a turntable and an integrated amp which was quite an interesting thing for others who had cd / cassette based micro or mini systems with pumped up PMPO ratings.

In my first rented house, I moved to floor-standers. The wire that I had purchased then for my speakers is still in use. I had to spend a lot then keeping in mind the future.

i have been using my Denon AVR and bookshelves on rented house for the past 6 years. I plan to upgrade to full HT through the group-buy in this forum and don't intent to move into a own house anytime soon.

am using Onkyo-Nr 609 and Sony 5.1 speakers with 32" LCD SONY ,play on HD mini , since 1 year in a rented house abroad.
now started my own house construction back in India ,i not planning for separate HT room ,but have to setup in living room only ,planning to go for PSB alpha series 5.1 and get one good LED once am back in India at my own house don't know when.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back