How much does off-axis response matter to you in your set up?

By sidewall do you mean left/right wall relative to listening position? If so it would create an asymmetrical response I imagine. Depending upon absorption it may result in different areas being subdued or pronounced. Wherever there is more absorption less sound would be reflected and where there is less absorption more of the sound radiated from the speaker would be reflected. If you mean the front/back wall relative to listening position then some people prefer a reflective or absorptive wall on one wall and the the other on the opposite wall. Front/back should be fine but the left/right wall may produce undesirable sound that is hard to EQ for desired tonal balance for both ears, or if you prefer objective terms the frequency and phase response of the left/right speaker might vary greatly at LP.

By sidewall do you mean left/right wall relative to listening position? If so it would create an asymmetrical response I imagine. Depending upon absorption it may result in different areas being subdued or pronounced. Wherever there is more absorption less sound would be reflected and where there is less absorption more of the sound radiated from the speaker would be reflected. If you mean the front/back wall relative to listening position then some people prefer a reflective or absorptive wall on one wall and the the other on the opposite wall. Front/back should be fine but the left/right wall may produce undesirable sound that is hard to EQ for desired tonal balance for both ears, or if you prefer objective terms the frequency and phase response of the left/right speaker might vary greatly at LP.
Yes, I meant the Left-Right walls.
And something like this was what i feared.
Will read up.
Tks

I see now why you made the thread if that is your conundrum. Would it not be possible to treat the whole room? Or do you prefer a live/open sound?

I see now why you made the thread if that is your conundrum. Would it not be possible to treat the whole room? Or do you prefer a live/open sound?
I can. No constraints there barring budget. Proofing is expensive.
Most definitely at least the left-right walls...

If your not looking for anything fancy, in simple terms put in glasswool,cover with fiber/wood/anutone (spelling?) board, floor to ceiling. Dress with cloth (acoustically transparent) mounted on a wooden frame. Curve the corners, make the glasswool thicker there. Place diffuser on back/front wall, above ear height. I have done something similar. I get about 20-25db reduction on the other side of the wall, however the doors/windows are weak points.

Here's a link to the board -

The above treatment works very well. Both as soundproofing and acoustic treatment for my needs. I have no idea what this would cost though, I've forgotten how much I paid and have no idea about current prevailing rates.

If your not looking for anything fancy, in simple terms put in glasswool,cover with fiber/wood/anutone (spelling?) board, floor to ceiling. Dress with cloth (acoustically transparent) mounted on a wooden frame. Curve the corners, make the glasswool thicker there. Place diffuser on back/front wall, above ear height. I have done something similar. I get about 20-25db reduction on the other side of the wall, however the doors/windows are weak points.

Here's a link to the board -

The above treatment works very well. Both as soundproofing and acoustic treatment for my needs. I have no idea what this would cost though, I've forgotten how much I paid and have no idea about current prevailing rates.
Thanks a ton. Very helpful.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back