How Much Shipping For 200kg Sub?

Manu ji,

I answer your query, as reiteratd by Jayad08, and listen to me only, as I posess a Dubakoorma Certification!

200KG approximately converts to 450 pounds, which would calculate to around $2000. Happy:lol:

To be a little precise, your sub weighing 395 pounds with the dimension of 49" x 26.5" x 27.0" would calculate to around $1900 for shipping alone, plus customs and additional taxes and a inspecting period by customs of 15-20 days for importing such a heavy wetgrinder, instead of buying one locally!:lol:

Cheers!

hey guys
can u pls give me rough idea how much will 200kg cost from u.s to here
i have a quote form danely subs their dts-10 model is around 2999$ its around 300lbs but they also offer danely dts-10 kit so it will cost around 1000$ shipping xtra though

they will also provide me with diagrams of making sub enclosure for danely dts-10 which is like 44x59.5x16 or something like that and danely dts-10 is a tapped horn sub
here's the link pls check it http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-n...anley-sub-with-dts-10-do-it-yourself-kit.html

Last edited:
hey guys
can u pls give me rough idea how much will 200kg cost from u.s to here
i have a quote form danely subs their dts-10 model is around 2999$ its around 300lbs but they also offer danely dts-10 kit so it will cost around 1000$ shipping xtra though

they will also provide me with diagrams of making sub enclosure for danely dts-10 which is like 44x59.5x16 or something like that and danely dts-10 is a tapped horn sub
here's the link pls check it Make Your Own Danley Sub with DTS-10 Do-it-Yourself Kit-AVRev.com

Okay, taking a straight route, $2000 for shipping and handling!

Not off topic mate. The OP is considering a DIY. Let us help him decide. If Manu, the builder can build homes, with some effort and reading, he can build a sub. Two or three iterations later, he would have got an idea of what he needs to do next.

About your post of building a car (which I am sure you are now thankful that the mods deleted), I don't know what to say to you mate. We are talking about do-able things and you say it is impossible. And then you talk about building a car on your own:clapping:. With due respect to the Tata's, with all their experience and R&D they could only build a Nano (1 lakh car???) on their own, all their other designs are inspired. You must know, you work for a car company. Think about it... if you wanna discuss, let us start a new thread in the General Lounge as you don't want to go OT here.

Santhol,

your analysis is spot on. though I cannot look into manu's mind, my sense is that it's more a quest to do something new than a quest for bass.

I listen loud and play the sub at least 1 db "hot", and my DIY (2 x12") definitely will have less output that manu's HSUs. but even in my larger room, i cannot max the subs without rattling the main door, the floor, the walls and everything else (apart from making lifelong enemies of my neighbours - the guy upstairs claims I broke his vase during a spirited playback of Ironman), so unless he's in an advanced stage of deafness, his setup should be loud enough.

as far as "quality of bass is concerned", the fronts play equal a role, and given his current system, a considerable upgrade of the fronts would be required to get them upto speed with the Hsus. if he's nto doing that, it's easy to surmise that the quest is not quality

so I really think that DIY would keep manu engaged, spend less and possibly get a stronger linkage between what he really desires and how to get it.

as far as "quality of bass is concerned", the fronts play equal a role, and given his current system, a considerable upgrade of the fronts would be required to get them upto speed with the Hsus. if he's nto doing that, it's easy to surmise that the quest is not quality
This is something that everyone has been telling Manu since the last few subwoofer upgrade threads. Not sure why Manu does not want to do it.

Manubhai, just upgrade your fronts and center. Leave the surrounds as is. I have seen this to take care of timber-matching issues.

bhai here's another link for making danely dts-10 kit http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/e...eply.php?do=newreply&p=199824-dts-10-kit.html
what ur opinion if i buy kit and make the enclosure here at my house ,its consist of dual 12 inch sub with power rating 2000watts
here link from the site too
Danley DTS-10 kit - Realm of Excursion

From whatever I have read, this seems to be an absolute beast! It is really large though, but I guess low frequency horns have to be big by definition.

Most of the weight will be the wood panels, and since the standard kit usually includes the panels as well, it will end up weighing the same. Considering that this is a simple design, if you can persuade them to sell you the kit minus the wood panels, you can save a lot on shipping. In fact, even if you pay the full rate for the kit minus the wood panels, it will still be significantly cheaper for you, because international shipping cost will be much higher than the cost of constructing the cabinet in India even if you use high grade MDF or marine ply.

thanks for replying brother
so roughly 2000$ for shipping is way more more for my pocket i guess i will take time and talk with danely subwoofer guys about dts-10 kit and will also talk with mr. sharath about new subwoofers ,he is start selling svs subwoofers

no offense bro .. but just adding my fun bits..
remember the fairy tales where the house is made of chocolate and children munch bits and pieces of it..seeing ir enthu for bigger subs.. you may just end up building a "Diy SUB house" imagine living inside a subwoofer.. ..you can even think of challenging the biggest sub, to get a world record for urself..now that wd be something..

search for infinite baffle on google or hometheatershack. see if your house permits, if it does, its the easiest to make. just order the drivers and an amp.

You have experimented a lot with commercial single driver systems. And you are totally unsatisfied. What is the learning? it wont do it for you man. As I had told you in the beginning itself, goto diy. no one is making a sub that will satisfy your needs, only you know your needs.

Maybe you are looking for a boost in a particular range. maybe all you need is an equalizer to boost a particular frequency range in the bass zone. maybe you should experiment with velodyne bass management system. if i remember correctly, it costs around 500$.

thanks for replying brother
so roughly 2000$ for shipping is way more more for my pocket i guess i will take time and talk with danely subwoofer guys about dts-10 kit and will also talk with mr. sharath about new subwoofers ,he is start selling svs subwoofers

hi manu4panjab -

there is another person on this forum who is buying 2 danly dts-10 subwoofers for his hometheater - cannot recollect the name - but if you search the forum, you will find him.

perhaps you could arrange a group buy with him.

regds suri

hey bro
here's my requirement
i want a sub that goes down to atleast 5hz and also has atleast 80 to 90db output in 5hz range and at 20hz around 125db atleast
though hsu uls-15 can go down to 10hz in my room easily but don't have output
so is it possible to make sub in 2L range in diy department ??
please reply i'm waiting ....
search for infinite baffle on google or hometheatershack. see if your house permits, if it does, its the easiest to make. just order the drivers and an amp.

You have experimented a lot with commercial single driver systems. And you are totally unsatisfied. What is the learning? it wont do it for you man. As I had told you in the beginning itself, goto diy. no one is making a sub that will satisfy your needs, only you know your needs.

Maybe you are looking for a boost in a particular range. maybe all you need is an equalizer to boost a particular frequency range in the bass zone. maybe you should experiment with velodyne bass management system. if i remember correctly, it costs around 500$.

hey guys to be very honest
i have the capability of building house so i also have the capability to build bad ass world class subwoofer but just need a teacher in this department
if someone here teach me step by step i'm 500% sure that someday i made a sub that K.0. even badass subwoofer on this planet

hey guys to be very honest
i have the capability of building house so i also have the capability to build bad ass world class subwoofer but just need a teacher in this department
if someone here teach me step by step i'm 500% sure that someday i made a sub that K.0. even badass subwoofer on this planet

Hi Manu,

well, the good thing is that you have atleast defined your requirements. Without design goals, your project will get no where. I also suggest that you define what size etc you can live with.

Have you checked the specs of the stuff you are trying, the ed and the danley, do they meet your requirements. Somehow i dont think so (i also havent checked though). I dont think there is anything commercial that will meet your requirements. You will also need multiple drivers to meet this demand. Also be ready to have a subwoofer a size of atleast a large fridge if not a room.

I dont think any of us has done a project like this. I suggest you refine your requirements and post a message on hometheatershack subwoofer forum. thats the best place for this.

Please also check the specs of your electronics, IIRC most of the electronics drop in this range. many of them start rolling off below 7-8hz.

I hope you are aware of the fact that most of the time you cant hear below 20-25hz (you can check some online hearing tools for this), but you can feel it.

Also, your room size has a major impact at lower frequencies. the smaller the room, the more the gain and earlier it will start. Please do some research on this. Also, try to get some kind of measuring equipment to see how much room gain you are getting. that will help you in designing the sub.

Manubhai,
Have you made up your mind? Lock kiya jaye?:)

How about a Maelstrom -18" for you?

Ok, first some homework for you now:eek:hyeah::

Read this:
http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/maelstrom_docs.pdf

and this:
http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/M_app.pdf

Kevin has used very simple non-technical language and included various designs. Read and decide which one is for you. Ask questions on this thread and am sure DIYers here will guide you.

You need a powerful amp whichever design you go:
I am thinking of going in for this plate amp from elemental design for my DIY sub based on the Shiva. It is a 1300 watt amp:
Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics

ps: Elemental Design does not accept non-US cards, so am communicating with them for a work-around. Will update on this thread as to how I go.

So far, you would have spent only ~1500 including shipping to your doorstep. You still have more than half your budget for the DIY.

This is just my suggestion with limited DIY experience, you can always go in for two 18" or two 15....ported, Transmission Line......no end to it....really. No matter what we all say, it is you who has to decide....after reading up on forums and asking questions.

So again...are you game? Lock Kiya Jaye?

Last edited:
thanks for replying doors and santhol2
see i can accomodate a firdge size subwoofer with two 18inch drivers no worries in this coz i have a seperate room specially for ht and its kinda sealed ht only two doors
yaaa doors u r right about we can't hear below 20hz but i need a sub that goes down to 5hz without any early rollof so that my whole body shakes so that i have a feeling like i have a buttkicker under my sofa whenever there's a bomb crash in a movie or uncharted 2 and call of duty black ops games:cool:

i have read somewhere that sealed subs are the way to go down to 5hz but for this we need a powerfull amp almost 2000watts

so i'm not making the sub right on coz just starting to save money separately for my dream subwoofer i'm only here so that i can take help from u guys and make up my mind for the time when i have money then i'll start making it

so yaaaa no worries in subwoofer enclosure size but yaaa i want atleast dual 18" drivers that's why i opt for ED A7-900 which is fridge size subwoofer with dual 18 inch subwoofer :cool:
pls reply i'm waiting ..........

Last edited:
Back