How to change cartridge in Philips 242 Turntable

alwayslogo

Hi,
I have a Philips 242 turntable player fitted with E700 cartridge. The stylus of the cart is worn out. I want to change it new Shure cartridge.

My problem is , how do I change the cart?

I have searched a lot, read the manual downloaded from vinyl engine (though not the same model, it was 212) but could not find a way to remove the cart and replace with a new cart.

Kindly help me, if there is any literature available on this.

Regards

Logo

Hi,
I have a Philips 242 turntable player fitted with E700 cartridge. The stylus of the cart is worn out. I want to change it new Shure cartridge.

My problem is , how do I change the cart?

I have searched a lot, read the manual downloaded from vinyl engine (though not the same model, it was 212) but could not find a way to remove the cart and replace with a new cart.

Kindly help me, if there is any literature available on this.

Regards

Logo

I have the same TT and sometime back I replaced the stock cart with Shure M44-7 brought from US. It is very simple you need to remove couple of screws which hold the cart. Carefully remove the very think cables coloured red/white/green/blue connected from the stylus to the cart pins. Better to take a picture before removing them, note down the markings correctly. Now you can replace the cart with the M44-7 which fits exactly to the stylus. When you purchase the Shure cart it comes packed nicely with a small screw driver and also the screws for this cart. Do not use the screws from the stock cart as it will not fit properly. I am not sure about the other carts but as suggested by multiple knowledgeable FMs on the forum the Shure M44-7 fits and works beautifully in this TT.

Yes, they are delicate indeed & may give way if you are not careful. Use a tweezers or a Jewelers nose pliers ( they are small and precise).

Hold it at the base of the lug (place the wire meets the lug) and insert it to the pins of the right colors.

Good luck.

Be very careful, patient and calm with your hands. I used a tiny screw driver only. But I think nose pliers will be very effective.

Yes, they are delicate indeed & may give way if you are not careful. Use a tweezers or a Jewelers nose pliers
BNYoqy

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back