How to connect set top box to home theater?

gudu

Friends,

I tried connecting my set top box [without HD] to my Bluray home theater system using the connecting cable which has red, white, yellow cables.

Bluray system is connected to TV via HDMI cable.

When I disconnected audio cable connected to tv and connected the same to Bluray system, sound came, but picture went off.

What kind of cable to be used so that both the TV and the Home theater will work simultaneously?

Please tell and help.

gudu, what is the exact model of your Home Theatre? What is happening in youir case is selecting the wrong input in TV. Why dont you try selecting HDMI 1/2 as source.

Connect the yellow cable to TV for video and the other two pins to HT for sound.

That not working. Bluray DVD system is connected to TV with HDMI cable already.

Sound is coming when connect the red and white wires from Settop box to bluray player, but picture is not coming.

gudu, what is the exact model of your Home Theatre? What is happening in youir case is selecting the wrong input in TV. Why dont you try selecting HDMI 1/2 as source.

Its sony bluray home theater system having line in option for audio.

Audio is coming, but video goes off the moment when audio is heard.

There is some special cable I suppose to connect set top box to home theater system.

Please tell which kind of cable to be used other than this 3 wire connector.

When I go to TV menu, I should select AV2 for viewing set top box programs.

When I want to view DVD from bluray, I have to select HDMI 1 [BD system] in the menu.

Route the Video from Ser Top Box directly to TV -The Yellow Cable - Select AV2 on TV.
Connect Red and White Audio from Set top Box to Blu Ray HT- Audio In.

HI

Connect you set top box directly to the Tv using red white and yellow cable to the AV in port.

Then connect your TV to the home theater using AV out (only Audio) to the Audi In port of the Home Theater.

This way you will not have to switch on the HT everytime you use your set top box and can switch on the HT when you want sound from it.

Thanks for the replies friends.

I somehow managed to connect the set top box to bluray player.

What I did was this.

Turn on the audio setup in the bluray.

Then in the TV turn on the external speaker option.

Turn off the HDMI option in the bluray.

Connect from set top box to line in of the bluray.

And the system is working fine.

Purpose served. Moderators close this thread please. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back