System config:
One Pair Wharfedale Diamond 230 Floorstanding Speakers
One Piece Wharfedale 220 Centre Channel Speake
Two Pair Wharfedale 10.DFS rear/Surround Speakers
Wharfedale D-10 Subwoofer
One pair of warfaedale 10. DFS as height speakers
Pioneer LX-302 Av Receiver
I configured speakers by Macc tuning and speakers are in perfect alignment
I sincerely seek help regarding how to do manual eq so that I can get good sound- bass For both movies and music
What frequency should I select and how many decibels to select for all speakers I know it is individual choice but I dont know what is the best sound configuration so that I can mirror the setting and appreciate good sound effect.
Please help me
Vinayaka

I configured speakers by Macc tuning and speakers are in perfect alignment
I sincerely seek help regarding how to do manual eq so that I can get good sound- bass For both movies and music
What frequency should I select and how many decibels to select for all speakers I know it is individual choice but I dont know what is the best sound configuration so that I can mirror the setting and appreciate good sound effect.

When you say manual EQ do you mean manually tweaking the speaker level / distance calibration settings done by MCACC?..

For distance, you can manually check each speaker distance from your seat and increase/decrease if reqd..

For speaker level, use a SPL meter app and check the level.. All 5 speakers level must be same level from your seat.. increase/decrease if reqd..

Sir
Manually tweaking the speaker with respect to frequency and decibel.
How to use spl meter app. How do I know I am in right direction and what is ideal setting to compare let us assume at your home theatre set up I really dont know??
I tried doing macc even at -25 volume does not get effect, I have set already - mains+sub(life) and room size -small and cross over- 80. I dont know anything about what is best effect so please show me the way. I know all of you are masters in this field please show me the light. Please help me. With regards.vinayaka

How to use spl meter app.

Download this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.splmeter&hl=en on your mobile (android/iOS)..When you open the app, bottom left hand corner, you will find settings icon.. Select that, and you can select weighting "C" and time const "Long"..

Keep the phone at ear level in your listen position.. Adjust (increase/decrease) each speaker level in AVR until it hits 75 ~ 78 db on the mobile app..

Thought it may not be accurate, it is ideal for your situation..

Your MCACC calibration also does the same thing..

How do I know I am in right direction and what is ideal setting to compare let us assume at your home theatre set up I really dont know??

Running auto calibration set-up and rechecking speaker levels if they are correct is itself the first step in right direction..

You can't/shouldn't mirror someone setting to your AVR, as these level are dependent on your speaker & distance from your listening position/seat..

I tried doing macc even at -25 volume does not get effect, I have set already - mains+sub(life) and room size -small and cross over- 80.I dont know anything about what is best effect so please show me the way. Please help me.

Once you have got your speaker level correct(ed), then speaker settings of large/small and crossover usually (80hz) between mains and subwoofer..

Also read thru the AVR manual and understand the functions of direct/pure direct/ others.. Then try engaging one at a time and observe for difference..

Plenty of FM to help you as you post impressions/tweak progressively..

Sir I tried doing it before only in the room without any noise it is showing 68 db. And I dont know how to to use the application and how should be done. Better gets satisfied with macc. But when in macc. Eq is giving 0.5 to 1.5 db to almost all speakers and some values are negative also so is macc doing its job correctly. I know it is difficult to say without actually seeing. I made big blunder I did not know there is forum like this where I can get advice before buying. I spoke to hifi mart mr. Anil. He was a nice gentleman and advised me what to buy for my budget his first choice was marantz receiver and second choice was pioneer because of logistics I choose pioneer over marantz. If I had bought Denon or marantz I need not worry about above problem. I did not do audition also. As I am staying in shimoga . Later I came to know ht store in Bangalore. So I had learnt a lesion in a bad way after wasting? So much money.sorry to bother all of you with my problems. Please forgive me. Vinayaka

If I had bought Denon or marantz I need not worry about above problem. I did not do audition also. As I am staying in shimoga . Later I came to know ht store in Bangalore. So I had learnt a lesion in a bad way after wasting? So much money.sorry to bother all of you with my problems. Please forgive me. Vinayaka

I am sorry, I did not understand what is the issue you are facing? The auto setup does many more steps than just leveling the speakers. The receiver sets up your speakers as per your speaker placement, you room modes, sitting positions, mic positions and more. Hence, before you do the auto setup, it is very important that you get the other things right.

Once done, dont bother what levels it has set. What you can do is tweak the crossover setting, setting all speakers to Small, etc. Again, this after you have got the other things right. You will surprised how much of a difference correct mic placement brings in.

MaSh

Thank you all . I did a factory reset after which I used camera stand for keeping the maac so that it is exactly at ear level. Then completed full room auto eq. Now everything is changed now sounding very nice even at -42 with full of surround effects. Good only knows what happened. May be because of all of your concern and help my problem got solved. Thank you all. May good bless you. Keep doing good work. Kudos. Vinayaka

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back