Do i need to upgrade my home theater

Not a problem.. use that feature, whenever necessary..

Most recent BR Discs & BR Rips which are aval in Dolby Atmos / Dts X have height information by default..

The older BR Discs/DVD/ BR Rips will have standard Dolby/Dts sound tracks with/without surr back info..bare minimum what you will get is 5.1 with surrounds only..

As said earlier, best to have front height in your 5.1.2 set-up.. This will be best compromise to enjoy both newer formats Atmos/Dts X & standard 5/7.1 formats with (or) without surr back..
thank you sir. i will remove surround back channels from av receiver and re do the mcacc tuning and listen to some original tracks any way my blue ray discs ordered are on the way . i may be getting today then i will check and post you all the results. with regards.vinayaka

Sir
Good afternoon
Removed the back surround channels from av receiver
Subwoofer- volume turned max and cross over max
Done mcacc tuning
Results- cross over-80 hz
front-large rest all small
Channel level- subwoofer +7.5 db I am not able to get it down to -3 to +3 db.
Even I tried changing cross over-100 hz and set all speakers small and then again done mcacc tuning same setting is back again
But distances are matching with manual distance and sound quality improved feeling the bass
1) how to get subwoofer volume in the receiver to -3 to 3 db
2) what should I do with the knobs in the subwoofer do I need to change or keep it same
Please guide me
Vinayaka

Distance and channel:
Front left-3.09m level= -1.0db
Centre- 0.81m level= 0.0db
Front right-0.96m level=-0.5db
Height left-0.03m level=0.5db
Height right-4.17m level=0.0db
Surround right-1.80m level=0.0db
Surround left-1.77mlevel=0.0db
Subwoofer-1.95mlevel=8.0db
I don’t know what to do
Please guide me

Sir
Good afternoon
Removed the back surround channels from av receiver
Subwoofer- volume turned max and cross over max
Done mcacc tuning
Results- cross over-80 hz
front-large rest all small
Channel level- subwoofer +7.5 db I am not able to get it down to -3 to +3 db.
Even I tried changing cross over-100 hz and set all speakers small and then again done mcacc tuning same setting is back again
But distances are matching with manual distance and sound quality improved feeling the bass
1) how to get subwoofer volume in the receiver to -3 to 3 db
2) what should I do with the knobs in the subwoofer do I need to change or keep it same
Please guide me
Vinayaka

Sub woofer to Max? Set it to 50%, not more. If you are having to set it more and still seeing a high gain set by the receiver, then it means, your sub is not in the right location, maybe in a null point.
You need to set the speakers to Small AFTER the MCACC setup, not before.
Do nothing with the knobs on the subwoofer. Just set the Volume to 50% and Phase to 0 Deg.

After the macc tuning results follow
Cross over: front-large
Centre-small height and surround-small cross over-80 h

Oh reading the last few posts, new learnings have come up. So to summarize, your auto setup does only Single point setup and you are running more speakers than your receiver supports, Why?
Yes after the auto setup the front will be set to Large. This you need to change to Small and set the cross over to 80Hz. This change is to be doen After the auto setup is complete. The rest of the speaker, Center and surrounds to 100Hz.

Distance and channel:
Front left-3.09m level= -1.0db
Centre- 0.81m level= 0.0db
Front right-0.96m level=-0.5db
Height left-0.03m level=0.5db
Height right-4.17m level=0.0db
Surround right-1.80m level=0.0db
Surround left-1.77mlevel=0.0db
Subwoofer-1.95mlevel=8.0db
I don’t know what to do
Please guide me

Not surprised you are confused. This is why I had requested you to first get your setup right in a 5.1 configuration. However, choice is always yours to do it the way that you feel right.

MaSh

Sub woofer to Max? Set it to 50%, not more. If you are having to set it more and still seeing a high gain set by the receiver, then it means, your sub is not in the right location, maybe in a null point.
Do nothing with the knobs on the subwoofer. Just set the Volume to 50% and Phase to 0 Deg.

Oh reading the last few posts, new learnings have come up. So to summarize, your auto setup does only Single point setup and you are running more speakers than your receiver supports, Why?
Yes after the auto setup the front will be set to Large. This you need to change to Small and set the cross over to 80Hz. This change is to be doen After the auto setup is complete. The rest of the speaker, Center and surrounds to 100Hz.

Not surprised you are confused. This is why I had requested you to first get your setup right in a 5.1 configuration. However, choice is always yours to do it the way that you feel right.

MaSh

MaSh
Good morning
Now what to do sir
Now I have changed to 5.1.2 speaker configuration I have removed the back surround . I will not meddle with subwoofer knobs . Please guide me what to do now. Sorry once again. With regards. Vinayaka

Just read all the posts from the start. I am wondering what it is that you are missing? Are you using Blue-Ray Discs to evaluate the setup or a PC/Laptop system? Have you followed what mash mentioned in his previous post of setting up 5.1 system first? You might want to try that. Personally I would remove the subwoofer also from the configuration and just try the setup with 5.0. It can get really confusing and frustrating in the beginning. But as you go along adding speakers one by one you might notics what part of the setup is mucking up the sound.

Just read all the posts from the start. I am wondering what it is that you are missing? Are you using Blue-Ray Discs to evaluate the setup or a PC/Laptop system? Have you followed what mash mentioned in his previous post of setting up 5.1 system first? You might want to try that. Personally I would remove the subwoofer also from the configuration and just try the setup with 5.0. It can get really confusing and frustrating in the beginning. But as you go along adding speakers one by one you might notics what part of the setup is mucking up the sound.
I got today life of pi- blue ray Disc. I will do as advised by mash and slowly build . Sorry to trouble you all

No trouble at all, Dr.

Can I ask how you like the sound now and what you feel is missing. Also are you comparing your system to some other setup and finding that something is missing ?

I feel dialogues are weak. Yet to watch blue ray Disc. It is dts master HD 7.1 when I watched initially I feel lacking bass and clarity and crispness. I am comparing to set up in Bangalore Koramangala bose home theatre demo room and also imax theatre sound effects . Am I expecting too much from my system. I really don’t know or I have audiophile bug in my head which has entered recently . Because I like perfection in everything and don’t want to compromise .
Mistakes I made:
1) while constructing house although there is dedicated home theatre room I did not consult the forum regarding how to go about- regarding acoustics, in wall wiring and ceiling speakers and so on
2) while in selecting home theatre Equipments - I did not ask the forum above, nor did audition
3) meddling with settings without knowing a-z of sound , acoustics, frequency
I think I am going to pay heavy price for my mistakes.
With regards
Vinayaka

I had initial hiccups with my sub not even heard even at max volume, I changed cables and fiddled with phase point by point and surprisingly the sub came to life at some phase and I set back to zero, ran audessy again and its as good as it could get. for rest of the gear the cable made good difference on volume(I am no expert of clarity) all I say is earlier 35db = I cant even make out whats playing, now 45db = perfect place to keep the volume knob.

I feel dialogues are weak. Yet to watch blue ray Disc. It is dts master HD 7.1 when I watched initially I feel lacking bass and clarity and crispness.

Were you able to observe the AVR display on the sound mode used..i ask this because engaging Direct/Pure Direct modes on some AVR will override the bass management settings (Small setting for speakers)..Not sure if Pioneer does, so please check the manual on the function incase, you had engaged incorrectly..

I am comparing to set up in Bangalore Koramangala bose home theatre demo room and also imax theatre sound effects . Am I expecting too much from my system. I really don’t know or I have audiophile bug in my head which has entered recently . Because I like perfection in everything and don’t want to compromise .
Mistakes I made:
1) while constructing house although there is dedicated home theatre room I did not consult the forum regarding how to go about- regarding acoustics, in wall wiring and ceiling speakers and so on
2) while in selecting home theatre Equipments - I did not ask the forum above, nor did audition

Most of the members here have set-up in a living room and with little (or) no acoustics..Hope to get better some day..Nothing is lost.. Almost most of us here are in the same boat as you are..

It would be better to identify what room acoustics you need than randomly adding based on dealer suggestions..

Anyways, dual subs are recommended for better bass in a room..That will be one of the solution for getting good bass..

Were you able to observe the AVR display on the sound mode used..i ask this because engaging Direct/Pure Direct modes on some AVR will override the bass management settings (Small setting for speakers)..Not sure if Pioneer does, so please check the manual on the function incase, you had engaged incorrectly..

Most of the members here have set-up in a living room and with little (or) no acoustics..Hope to get better some day..Nothing is lost.. Almost most of us here are in the same boat as you are..

It would be better to identify what room acoustics you need than randomly adding based on dealer suggestions..

Anyways, dual subs are recommended for better bass in a room..That will be one of the solution for getting good bass..
It is in Dolby Surround mode only not pure direct or auto surround .
1)If dual subs is required what should be the brand and do I need to change current subwoofer can I match with other company
Other brand which one
3)Velodyne-1) Impact 12 MK2
Velodyne-WI-Q10 wireless subwoofer
Velodyne-WI-Q12 wireless auto eq subwoofer
Velodyne- Eq max15
SVS:
1) SVS PB-1000
2) SVS PC-2000
3) SVS PC-12 plus
4) SVS PC 13 ultra
5) SVS SB 1000
6) SVS PB 2000
7) SVS SB 2000
8) Bic America- PL 200
9) Bic America- Formula F12

Should it of same size and what about matching av receiver-pioneer vsx-lx-302
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I see that your front speakers are set to large. I can understand your reluctance to set big speakers such as the Wharfs to small, the settings of big and small tell the receiver whether to bass manage the speaker or not. I would strongly suggest that you set the fronts to small crossover to 80 and see if it makes a difference. Setting the fronts to small will also lessen the load on the receiver. No need to run the sound calibration after this change.

I see that your front speakers are set to large. I can understand your reluctance to set big speakers such as the Wharfs to small, the settings of big and small tell the receiver whether to bass manage the speaker. I would strongly suggest that you set the fronts to small crossover to 80 and see if it makes a difference. No need to run the sound calibration after this change.
I have changed to small and cross over-80hz sir not much of change

It is in Dolby Surround mode only not pure direct or auto surround

Thats fine..

1)If dual subs is required what should be the brand and do I need to change current subwoofer can I match with other company

Should it of same size and what about matching av receiver-pioneer vsx-lx-302

The 2nd sub is better if it is the same as the 1st one, thereby making it identical..

But before you finalise on 2nd sub, try moving your sub in the room and see where you feel the bass is better.. Don't calibrate the sub after every move.. Juz listen to it for a while and if you are satisfied then calibrate..

May be try moving the subs to either sides of your listening position, or behind you listening position.. Just check where it sounds good from your chair..

I feel dialogues are weak. Yet to watch blue ray Disc. It is dts master HD 7.1 when I watched initially I feel lacking bass and clarity and crispness. I am comparing to set up in Bangalore Koramangala bose home theatre demo room and also imax theatre sound effects . Am I expecting too much from my system. I really don’t know or I have audiophile bug in my head which has entered recently . Because I like perfection in everything and don’t want to compromise .
Mistakes I made:
With regards
Vinayaka
Hi,
i thought of asking those questions to you.( Are u new to AVR/Home theatre and are you comparing something n all)
But it may not be god if i ask in this forum so i deleted.
See first of all human mind will compare everything with other one.You are not alone in this forum.
All audiophile has come across this stage IMo even me.;)
your AVR is just towards the midrange not the high end as i already mentioned.
We should not expect which is not capable to deliver by your setup but we have to try to tweak the AVR and speaker position to its potential.
Dont give up my friend.
you should not compare your setup with Demo show room.They have fixed it with acoustics treatment.Luckily you didn't take Bose ;) then you may not get anything what ever you are getting now.IMO .:cool:
Once you spend on anything don't look for review or Don't take it as serious -- M not asking you to compromise.
i feel only a trained /tuned /ears can decide what you are feeling in your setup.Don't give up before that.
i am sure if somebody ( new person to AVR ) come across your setup( after tweaking and with full potential).Your setup will be a role model setup to them.
Trust you will make out after few trail and error with existing setup.

Forget to mention most of the setup i never use auto Calibration.
There is no rule to use only with room calibration.It might give good results tats it.IMO

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back