Do i need to upgrade my home theater

No mcacc is measuring distance of each speaker from your seating position. In my case the distance to left speaker is shown by mcacc as less due to the fact that it's close to the left wall. I manually adjust that distance. Do the same and try again.

When you did biwiring did you remove the common connecting plate between the 2 terminals behind each speaker.

I removed the biwiring and connected the plate back
Also make sure that all the speakers are in same phase. Cross check all the speaker wires.
Also try listening once in just 2.1 setup. That is just the tower speakers and sub to see how the clarity and tone is.
Does your sub has spikes on the bottom?

Also make sure that all the speakers are in same phase. Cross check all the speaker wires.
Also try listening once in just 2.1 setup. That is just the tower speakers and sub to see how the clarity and tone is.
Does your sub has spikes on the bottom?
Yes sir it has rubber bush which I have placed over foot rug

No mcacc is measuring distance of each speaker from your seating position. In my case the distance to left speaker is shown by mcacc as less due to the fact that it's close to the left wall. I manually adjust that distance. Do the same and try again.
I need to key in manual distance and again I need to do macc tuning? Or hear the audio and effects

I googled regarding auto tuning

flac files - meaning examples??

Flac files are high resolution audio files.
Search on torrent for flac audio files if you want. Or buy some albums online from sites like hdtracks.com of you are against piracy.
Also as suggested by other members too buy a couple of audio discs from amazon. They aren't costly. And play through your player.
Try audio files in 2.1 configuration.

Flac files are high resolution audio files.
Search on torrent for flac audio files if you want. Or buy some albums online from sites like hdtracks.com of you are against piracy.
Also as suggested by other members too buy a couple of audio discs from amazon. They aren't costly. And play through your player.
Try audio files in 2.1 configuration.
Thank you

So now what to do with the distance and channel levels keep the same which was done by Mcacc or put manually calculated distance for all speakers and what about channel levels please guide me. Waiting for your advice and way forward. Thanking you all in advance

So now what to do with the distance and channel levels keep the same which was done by Mcacc or put manually calculated distance for all speakers and what about channel levels please guide me. Waiting for your advice and way forward. Thanking you all in advance

Normally, there is no need to adjust the levels done by Mcacc. It can be adjusted for personal preferences though.

This is what I do to test the levels of my system.

1. Download a sound meter app into your smartphone
2, Set the phone with the app running at your seating position
3. Run the test tones
4. Set the Front, and surrounds to 70 Db.
5. Set the Centre to 73 DB
6 . Set the sub to 73/74 db

If you don't want to change anything, you can simply run the test to see what db levels the channels have been set to. Ideally, all the channels should show the same level in the meter. Then you could increase 3 db for center and sub for preference.

Last edited:
Why do you feel you need to do anything more to the setup? I think the final levels and distances look fine. The distances set for the speakers will not be as how you see or measure manually. The distance by the auto setup is also affected by the proximity to the rear and side walls along with any other reflections. These are then taken into account and compensated for. Hence, asked you not to touch the distances set by the receiver for each speaker, only adjust the Large to Small and crossover.

If I wanted to adjust, I would raise the volume of the Sub and get that level set by the receiver lower, currently set to 8.x. Closer to 0db in the +3db to -3db is ideal. Listen to the system after every final setup run. Also, how many points does your autosetup cover?

MaSh

Why do you feel you need to do anything more to the setup? I think the final levels and distances look fine. The distances set for the speakers will not be as how you see or measure manually. The distance by the auto setup is also affected by the proximity to the rear and side walls along with any other reflections. These are then taken into account and compensated for. Hence, asked you not to touch the distances set by the receiver for each speaker, only adjust the Large to Small and crossover.

If I wanted to adjust, I would raise the volume of the Sub and get that level set by the receiver lower, currently set to 8.x. Closer to 0db in the +3db to -3db is ideal. Listen to the system after every final setup run. Also, how many points does your autosetup cover?

MaSh
To get subwoofer to -3 to +3 db what changes I should I make in av receiver and also in subwoofer.
It has set crossover at 80 hz
Front and centre- large
Rest of the speakers- small
Should I change anything in the crossover or leave it like that.
I did not understand ur question- how many points does your auto set up cover??

<quote> The distances set for the speakers will not be as how you see or measure manually. The distance by the auto setup is also affected by the proximity to the rear and side walls along with any other reflections. These are then taken into account and compensated for.</quote>

Good point.

Dr.
Your front and center is set to large. Please set it to small. All changes to be made in the receiver and not in the sub. (Except for increase in volume in the sub as it is currently at 8. something in the receiver. You might have to run the calibration again though) Leave the crossover at 80 for the time being.

Last edited:
I understood your points . I will increase the volume in the sub presently it is at 50%and cross over turned to max and I will tune again till I get subwoofer level in av receiver close to -3 to 3 . Thanks a lot please forgive me for my dumb head. I am knew to this geeks and I have studied physics long time back . You guys are tremendous and wonderful people on earth willing to help each other and making us to understand why it should be done. Great hats off to you all. Thanks once again

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back