Do i need to upgrade my home theater

• I am missing clarity and crispness in music
  • In movie I am missing boldness of voice and bass even though I have increased 1 decibel more in audio channel in cross over settings and adjusted the distance according to manual calculation of distance leaving centre and subwoofer untouched ( distance)
  • If I increase the volume bass increases without increase in clarity
Had you engaged any tone control's (or) did you make any Bass & treble adjusments..

Also when playing a movie (or) music, if you look at the AVR display, it would show info as direct/pure direct.. So was looking for that.. If not, update here when you observe next time..

How much should I move the subwoofer front

In the length & width middle of room.. Just infront of your listening position..

Do I need to again maac tuning?

Yes.. Whenever a speaker/subwoofer position change, it is suggested to re-calibrate again..

Also set all speakers to small, and crossover to 80 Hz.. Don't engage double bass as this will duplicate bass between speakers & subwoofer..

Today I have done the modifications suggested by mentors.
Posting the pictures
I have done auto macc after that, it is showing front right floor stander is at 30 cm and where as left is at 330 cm. I cannot understand and cross over fixed at 80 hz and selected front and centre as big rest all small.
I have put carpet on which subwoofer is placed in forward position almost middle of room.
I heard music - Tatasky HD- m tunes HD sounded different from earlier more crisper but lacking tone at -40 volume
I have ordered life of pi - blue ray disc by amazon getting in a couple of days.
Please suggest me what to do next.
Tried subwoofer crawling I did not found any difference at any place probably I don’t know how to do it in proper way.

I have done auto macc after that, it is showing front right floor stander is at 30 cm and where as left is at 330 cm. I cannot understand and cross over fixed at 80 hz and selected front and centre as big rest all small.

The change looks good..But really weird why MCACC detects one speaker right & other speaker wrong in distance..

Hope you have kept the calibration Mic at ear height at your listening position..

I have put carpet on which subwoofer is placed in forward position almost middle of room.
Tried subwoofer crawling I did not found any difference at any place probably I don’t know how to do it in proper way.

Did you try playing any music/movie after you changed speakers position?..

I heard music - Tatasky HD- m tunes HD sounded different from earlier more crisper but lacking tone at -40 volume

HD Boradcasts are Ok types for source material..hope you have more access to quality content (lossless audio) for movies/music..

I have ordered life of pi - blue ray disc by amazon getting in a couple of days.

Before you did re-positioned speakers, hope you played quality content for movies.. 5/7.1 content movies..

• Thank you for your feedback
  • I have used same tripod and fixed mic on it and did macc
  • Before changing the speakers layout I have listened some music yesterday in Tatasky and amazon gaana app and saw Netflix - fellowship of the ring dialogues were not so crispy
  • After changing the layout I heard some music through m tunes HD in Tatasky and gaana app , it was sounding better - crisp but volume or tone was less, when I get blue ray Disc I will play and let us see how it is
  • Why macc is measuring wrong on one side. That to only floor standers. I will do it again at night and post the results.
  • Is mic or av receiver auto tuning software failed if so what to do??
  • Can you please share some music blue ray an d movies blue ray to check my system so that I can order through amazon and check what is really happening
  • With regards

• Before changing the speakers layout I have listened some music yesterday in Tatasky and amazon gaana app and saw Netflix - fellowship of the ring dialogues were not so crispy
  • After changing the layout I heard some music through m tunes HD in Tatasky and gaana app , it was sounding better - crisp but volume or tone was less, when I get blue ray Disc I will play and let us see how it is
  • Why macc is measuring wrong on one side. That to only floor standers. I will do it again at night and post the results.
  • Can you please share some music blue ray an d movies blue ray to check my system so that I can order through amazon and check what is really happening
  • With regards

Hey Good to know that there was a difference. Why is your Right speaker not in same alignment as your Left? Have them either pointing straight or to your sitting position. Also, is having the Sub in the middle of the room a Practical position for you? If you are having difficulties doing the Sub Crawl, then just do it again. Have a look at

Are you sure the distance is in Cm? It should be in Either Feet or Meter. Are your speakers sounding the same level after the setup? If they are, let it be.

MaSh

• With regards
There is also a possibility that the calibrating MIC is broken, Check the distance unit, is it cms or meters, 30 cms works to 2 feet only, also 330cm works out to be 20+ feet, so something is not quite right.
My suggestion would be to set the distance manually if MCACC is not able to set it for some reason.
Sub-woofer is too close to your listening position IMHO. Try placing your subwoofer in a corner and see how it sounds.
Remove the DSP settings and set to pure -direct for time being to detect any differences.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards,
Rajiv

Today I have done the modifications suggested by mentors.
Posting the pictures
Please suggest me what to do next.

Hi. That seems way better. Though I am not very knowledgeable but from what I understand you need to have a larger carpet which can cover right in the front of the tower speakers which is the first reflection point. Also I think that the left speaker shows greater distance in mcacc is because the sound is going through larger reflection as the carpet seems to cover the right tower speaker but not the left tower speaker. So a larger carpet which covers the tower speakers from end to end should improve the sound.
Also as I suggested earlier try using thicker curtains if you can. Those are very light curtains. And subwoofer spikes if the subwoofer already does not have them. They can do miracles at times and at times not much. But they are a cheap investment.

One thing you can try is connect the speakers with a single wire, as in not biwired. Also you may need more carpet or curtains to get more absorption.
Also play something and put your ears near the tweeter, check if any sound coming. Just had a feeling if the tweeters might be blown.

Last edited:
If your AVR is getting the distance wrong, measure the distance from the speaker to your listening chair and correct the distance in the AVR. Also, please set the Front and Center speakers to small, crossover at 80.
Since you are able to move your sub around, you could also try placing it one third into the room from the front near the right wall.

Before changing the speakers layout I have listened some music yesterday in Tatasky and amazon gaana app and saw Netflix - fellowship of the ring dialogues were not so crispy

You can borrow any original audio CD (Not MP3) from your neighbors and play it on your BR player to check..

After changing the layout I heard some music through m tunes HD in Tatasky and gaana app , it was sounding better - crisp but volume or tone was less, when I get blue ray Disc I will play and let us see how it is

HD broadcast is OK.. But using original audio CD (or) good Blue Ray Rip (5.1) is better for feedback..

Why macc is measuring wrong on one side. That to only floor standers. I will do it again at night and post the results.
Is mic or av receiver auto tuning software failed if so what to do??

Ideally, the distance of front left & front right from your listening position should be almost same.. So, edit the distance manually for that speaker..

Could you share the speaker level after re-calibration..

Can you please share some music blue ray an d movies blue ray to check my system so that I can order through amazon and check what is really happening

If you use BR Rips, make sure it atleast has 5.1 content and not 2.0..

One thing you can try is connect the speakers with a single wire, as in not biwired. Also you may need more carpet or curtains to get more absorption.
Also play something and put your ears near the tweeter, check if any sound coming. Just had a feeling if the tweeters might be blown.
No tweeter is working.

Uploading photos

Attachments

• 0ABC45C4-A159-49C6-8F94-7B6B63DB0ED3.jpeg
    0ABC45C4-A159-49C6-8F94-7B6B63DB0ED3.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 5182CE34-8BE2-464E-AAF8-DE4759FC7AC6.jpeg
    5182CE34-8BE2-464E-AAF8-DE4759FC7AC6.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 24
  • F0F88D84-A957-4AD4-8107-36B52BD377F2.jpeg
    F0F88D84-A957-4AD4-8107-36B52BD377F2.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 24
Regarding channel level
Before subwoofer crawling
Front left-0.03m level= -0.5db
Centre- 0.09 m level= 0.0db
Front right-3.27m level=0.0db
Height left-3.87m level=0.0db
Height right-3.87m level=0.5db
Surround right-1.68m level=-1.0db
Surround back right-1.95m level=0.0db
Surround back left-0.81m level=0.5db
Surround left-1.86m level=0.5db
Subwoofer-2.28m level=7.5db

After sub woofer crawl and changing floor standers angulation to straight . I have reset the av receiver did maac tuning again results as follows
Front left-0.03m level= -0.5db
Centre- 0.12m level= 0.0db
Front right-0.12m level=0.0db
Height left-3.93mlevel=0.5db
Height right-3.96m level=0.5db
Surround right-1.71m level=-1.5db
Surround back right-1.92m level=0.5db
Surround back left-2.01m level=0.0db
Surround left-1.8m level=-1.5db
Subwoofer- 1.86m level=8.5db

Back