Do i need to upgrade my home theater

The shelf for the centre speaker might be one of the culprits for the weak dialogues. Can you use a sturdy stool instead? Best if you can get a speaker stand for trial.
Do you have upholstered, etc heavy furniture in your home? See if you can get a couple of armchairs or a sofa into this room for testing

The shelf for the centre speaker might be one of the culprits for the weak dialogues. Can you use a sturdy stool instead? Best if you can get a speaker stand for trial.
Do you have upholstered, etc heavy furniture in your home? See if you can get a couple of armchairs or a sofa into this room for testing
Sir I have already moved centre out of shelf and it is at the edge of table facing me directly at levels of my face. I am getting sofa and Furnitures. With regards
Vinayaka

Hi,
i thought of asking those questions to you.( Are u new to AVR/Home theatre and are you comparing something n all)
But it may not be god if i ask in this forum so i deleted.
See first of all human mind will compare everything with other one.You are not alone in this forum.
All audiophile has come across this stage IMo even me.;)
your AVR is just towards the midrange not the high end as i already mentioned.
We should not expect which is not capable to deliver by your setup but we have to try to tweak the AVR and speaker position to its potential.
Dont give up my friend.
you should not compare your setup with Demo show room.They have fixed it with acoustics treatment.Luckily you didn't take Bose ;) then you may not get anything what ever you are getting now.IMO .:cool:
Once you spend on anything don't look for review or Don't take it as serious -- M not asking you to compromise.
i feel only a trained /tuned /ears can decide what you are feeling in your setup.Don't give up before that.
i am sure if somebody ( new person to AVR ) come across your setup( after tweaking and with full potential).Your setup will be a role model setup to them.
Trust you will make out after few trail and error with existing setup.
Good morning Kalyan sir
I need few recommendations from you.
1) what is high end setup
2) AVR- bench mark- the best
3) floor standers- the best
4) centre speaker- the best
5) Subwoofer - the best
6) surround speakers - the best
7) height speakers - the best
8) wiring- speaker wire, interconnect, power cable and power conditioners
If money is not barrier so that I can dream of having that set up. I am not joking really serious. With regards . Waiting for your valuable recommendations so that if in future if upgradation bug catches me or some speakers unrepairable and I need to replace?
Vinayaka

Levels have slightly improved.....use the same settings for a couple of days and see if there is any difference.....the mats will make a difference once you use them.....ensure the content being used is of good quality and also the cables (HDMI) used are superior

Levels have slightly improved.....use the same settings for a couple of days and see if there is any difference.....the mats will make a difference once you use them.....ensure the content being used is of good quality and also the cables (HDMI) used are superior
Thank you sir for your concern
I will be getting mat
Is there any specification of make of mat- material
Hdmi- I am using profigold skyline for all connections is it good

If money is not barrier so that I can dream of having that set up. I am not joking really serious. With regards .

AV Systems can get incredibly expensive. Not sure if an old man's untrained ears like mine can see the difference proportionate to the cost involved. However, do take a look at some of the video's in the link below to get a general idea. View in HD for best results.

Youtube link to AV Showreports Click on the video link to see all their videos.

Last edited:
Forget to mention most of the setup i never use auto Calibration.
There is no rule to use only with room calibration.It might give good results tats it.IMO

For a novice user, matching the SPL of all speakers, measuring distances of each speaker can be tedious.. An auto calibration solves it.. It may be a hit or miss, but it gets you there.. Without auto calib & using the AVR out of the box can give bitter impression..

Thank you sir for your concern
I will be getting mat
Is there any specification of make of mat- material
Hdmi- I am using profigold skyline for all connections is it good

Normal mats which can serve the purpose....

I use Monster HDMI cables which are close to 5 years old now...work flawlessly...(HD700)

Blue Rigger cables are really good.....if they were available in 2013, would have picked them....will not burn a hole in your wallet.

Good morning Kalyan sir
I need few recommendations from you.
If money is not barrier so that I can dream of having that set up. I am not joking really serious. With regards . Waiting for your valuable recommendations so that if in future if upgradation bug catches me or some speakers unrepairable and I need to replace?
Vinayaka

Honestly, If money is no object you should get a proffessional to come to your place and do the setup with whatever choice of gear you want.;)

Sir I have already moved centre out of shelf and it is at the edge of table facing me directly at levels of my face. I am getting sofa and Furnitures. With regards
Vinayaka
Is that the table in the earlier pics? You should use something sturdier. Rapping it with the knuckles should give a dead sound.
I think, since it is a dedicated room, investment in room treatment will probably give much better results than merely getting more expensive equipment.
I don't have much idea of that but you will find lot of discussion on the forum.

Good afternoon,
I did not try hearing without auto calibration.
I tried in av adjust with mcacc eq off. But no much difference. Honestly I don’t know how to do manual setting that is manual eq- I am afraid either my ear or system will be blown. Just follow long the advice of fellow members.
Appreciating sound with pure direct option. Presently I am using just 2 towers. 2.0 system and seeing and observing audio quality but I don’t know how to adjust since I don’t know what is ideal sound and I know it is individual choice just enjoying the music I hope one day I will know. Anyway thanks for your concern. If you have done manual setting and used manual eq please help and explain to me so that I can try. With regards. Have a nice day. Vinayaka

Good afternoon,
I tried in av adjust with mcacc eq off. But no much difference. Honestly I don’t know how to do manual setting that is manual eq- I am afraid either my ear or system will be blown. Just follow long the advice of fellow members.
Appreciating sound with pure direct option. Presently I am using just 2 towers. 2.0 system and seeing and observing audio quality but I don’t know how to adjust since I don’t know what is ideal sound and I know it is individual choice just enjoying the music I hope one day I will know. Anyway thanks for your concern. If you have done manual setting and used manual eq please help and explain to me so that I can try. With regards. Have a nice day. Vinayaka

Thats great Dr. In the end, if you enjoy the sound, then its all good. If running in 2.0 mode, then do set the speakers Large so that they get full range. However, I would suggest you let your towers remain set as Small(Crossover 80Hz) and Turn on the Sub. This would be your 2.1 setup.

Manually Setting up a 2.1 setup:
1. Set the receiver to a volume you listen to at usually.
2. Then turn the Sub volume to Zero. You will need another person to help you here.
3. You sit in your sitting position and ask the other person to slowly increase the sub volume to the point when you just about start feeling its effect.
OR
1. You could run the autosetup for the 2.1 setup.

MaSh

Good afternoon,

Okay setting up as AVR is extremely simple. I cant write everything down as it going to be very long and very boring but i can take you step by step.

Cirtical things that need to be setup
1. Distances
2. Levels for each channel

You have made a good start with using a pure 2 channel set up. Set levels and distance (time alignment) to zero and turn off all EQ. Listen to a mono sound track you can find them on you tube in case you dont have one with you. Search for mono pink noise aka correlated pink noise. Measure the distance from your ear to each of the front speaker (the wharfedale floor standers in your case) and enter those values in the distance menu. Now play the mono sound track, the entire sound must feel like it is coming from the center channel (even though the center channel is not being used). Adjust the distance setting in the smallest unit possible (its .01 meters in my AVR) till the soundstage is as centered as possible.

Now for a bit of light theory, human earing depends on both timing and volume to locate sounds between around 1k to 5k. So the next step is to check if you require level correction to fully center the pink noise.

Once you've done this just sit back and listen to some familar music and check if your happy with the progress. note down your setting as levels will have to corrected again when looking at the system as a whole as we will use the offset we have got in this process and apply it then.

And just as a headsup calibrate your system after your speakers have broken in otherwise you might find yourself doing the same thing all over again.

Okay setting up as AVR is extremely simple. I cant write everything down as it going to be very long and very boring but i can take you step by step.

Cirtical things that need to be setup
1. Distances
2. Levels for each channel

You have made a good start with using a pure 2 channel set up. Set levels and distance (time alignment) to zero and turn off all EQ. Listen to a mono sound track you can find them on you tube in case you dont have one with you. Search for mono pink noise aka correlated pink noise. Measure the distance from your ear to each of the front speaker (the wharfedale floor standers in your case) and enter those values in the distance menu. Now play the mono sound track, the entire sound must feel like it is coming from the center channel (even though the center channel is not being used). Adjust the distance setting in the smallest unit possible (its .01 meters in my AVR) till the soundstage is as centered as possible.

Now for a bit of light theory, human earing depends on both timing and volume to locate sounds between around 1k to 5k. So the next step is to check if you require level correction to fully center the pink noise.

Once you've done this just sit back and listen to some familar music and check if your happy with the progress. note down your setting as levels will have to corrected again when looking at the system as a whole as we will use the offset we have got in this process and apply it then.

And just as a headsup calibrate your system after your speakers have broken in otherwise you might find yourself doing the same thing all over again.
Thank you. What about surround speakers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back