HOW TO HIDE SPEAKER CABLES

Akshit2111

Hi peeps

i have a few cables running in my bedroom. I need your help to figure out a way wherein i can tug those cables neatly.

Can someone please suggest a sasta tikau jugaad for this.
Also pictures and links (If Any) would be really helpful.

Thanks in Advance.
And hope you guys are keeping well.

If there are cables they will show. To tuck them you use
1. Pvc flexible pipe and run cables through it.
2. Nail cable holders on the wall and run the cables through them. You'll need zip ties or velcro strips to keep cables together inbetween the holders.
3. YouTube/articles

1. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-c1B8bpmnhkX/learn/home-AV-cable-management.html

2. http://www.audiogurus.com/learn/news/cable-management-home-theater/645

3. https://in.pcmag.com/amazon-echo-2017/118102/top-cable-management-tips-for-your-tv-and-home-theater

4. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Home+Theater+Cable+Management

Good luck
MaSh

Good Morning,
If you find them visually intrusive, keeping them neat, hinding them behind furniture, objects, keeping them tidy is probably only way. Can Change color of cables to camouflage with background. (A good excuse to buy new speaker wires :p)
OR
Look for 'cord channel' on google. And paint them with same color as background.
Regards

Go wireless or switch to headphones :) .
Jokes apart, use as short a cable as possible so that they do not run on the floor. For surrounds, try and run them along the walls, hiding them within patti or permanently go for in wall wiring if it is your own abode

If you can share pictures, it will help.

1. Easy very desi solution, is to use a conduit. Any electrician will be able to add it. its easy to stick with a double sided tape to the wall.
2. Carpet, as suggested
3. Acoustic foam with grooves (I bought this from mmt acoustix). The grooves help cables go through it without being seen as well as help in managing mid to high freq.

Acoustic foam with grooves (I bought this from mmt acoustix). The grooves help cables go through it without being seen as well as help in managing mid to high freq.
Link please, thanks

@Akshit2111
Yes, a photo will help understanding the exact situation.
I too use a flat conduit stuck to the wall. Of course, in my case, it is just one wall and the conduit is hidden behind furniture.

You can also purchase colorful flexible ducts (nylon) which are easily available. Run cables through them. They look nice, though they can't be hidden.

Easiest && cheapest option will be ,getting big plastic strips from Electronics shop and mold it to wall && tuck the wires in it.
I did for my home .
Only downside is , you need to drill to fix in the wall. Since i have dedicated HT room ,for me it was not an issue. It looks quite neat.
+ The upper layer is removable so you can add wires/ remove wires anytime.
We can get strips as much bigger (6" to 8") which will be useful in the future for any alterations.

Easiest && cheapest option will be ,getting big plastic strips from Electronics shop and mold it to wall && tuck the wires in it.
I did for my home .
Only downside is , you need to drill to fix in the wall. Since i have dedicated HT room ,for me it was not an issue. It looks quite neat.
+ The upper layer is removable so you can add wires/ remove wires anytime.
We can get strips as much bigger (6" to 8") which will be useful in the future for any alterations.
Could not understand what kind of strips do you mean.
A pic would help.
Thanks

Could not understand what kind of strips do you mean.
A pic would help.
Thanks
Something like this. You will get easily from any electrical shops.
920494_All_Languages.jpg

thumbnail.asp

Thanks for your input guys. Some problem with the notification idk how come i did not get any notification for all your replies.
Nevertheless i am planning to renovate my bedroom so in wall wires would be plausible.
I have 2 questions
1) what gauge wire should i use to be on the safer side. I guess 14 would do. Please give ur inputs. Total distance from front to surrounds shall be approx 14 ft aerial and i guess 18 ft corner to corner.
2) I am also planning to go atmos but i dont want to renovate my ceiling. Though its pop but i dont have false ceiling. One option was to put wooden panels above ( quite trendy these days) but then i though what if go with front &rear heights. That ways i can leave my ceiling as is. I know ceiling speakers give us the best results but do we get like 80 90% of the ceiling feel with front heights. I think if yes then i can save some money.

Thanks in advance :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back