How to import?

rocknrolla

Hi hifi-gurus :cool:,

I am building myself a HTPC. I have bought most of the components,

cabinet (cooler master advanced 120)
PSU (corsair 450W)
LLANO APU
memory

Motherboard - I read reviews on various motherboards and decided on the Asrock A75M ITX (mini-itx form factor). Its not available in India, so I bought it from Amazon US for 89$ and shipped it to a friend there. I was wondering how could he send it to me to Hyderabad with minimum shipping charges.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
rocknrolla

Try ishopinternational.com or borderlinx.com sites or Aramex.com. Calculate your shipment charges and place the order with them. They will deliver it to your home. As it is a very light item and also a computer component the custom charges should be very less.

Thanks

Please note that I-shop or Border linx is not required in your case as they are going to do your friend's job only, infact you will spend more by way of courier charges to these companies and their profits too. These companies are required only for persons who don't have a contact in US to receive and inturn forward it to India.

Your item has already reached your friend'place. So things are very simple. Your friend can send it thru DHL courier to you they will pay the duty upfront on coformation from you and collect it from you while delivering.

Other way is he can send it thru USPS and the item will reach the post office of the airport and you will receive a call from them to visit them and pay the duty, once you are done the local postman will come and deliver it to your house.

Now comes the big question what is going to be the duty?. If i am not wrong it is only 3% for IT products. So your friend can say it as I T produt and fot the value he can enclose Amazon invoice itself. Some times thses kind of small items come directly to your home without suffering duty.

Hope this throws some light forbyou query.

Thanks
R Balagopalan.

Last edited:
AFAIK, Ishop will be cheaper than FedEx or DHL. But Ishop is for those who want them to pay and buy the item you select. They do not just ship unlike borderlinx or shopandship. BTW all of them manage customs themselves so you need not run around.

Customs duty tarrif

0% Books (educational)

Computers
16.85% Laptop, Computers
16.85% Computer Printers
28.85% Laptop Battery
6.03% Hard Disk (Internal)
16.85% Hard Disk (External)
6.03% Processor
16.85% Other Computer Peripherals
25.85% Cables & Wires
16.85% iPad

Mobile
6.00% Mobile Phones
28.85% Phone Accessories

Music & Games
28.85% DVD/ CDS (movie)
16.85% Software DVD
28.85% DVD Players, Blu-Ray
28.85% iPod
28.85% Video games
28.85% Gaming Consoles

Photography
28.80% Digital / Video Cameras
16.85% Digital Still Image Camera
28.85% Web cameras
28.85% Camera Lens

Everything Else
28.85% Television
16.85% Sports Equipment
28.85% Hand (wrist) Watches
28.85% Cosmetics, Stationery, Toys
28.85% Sunglasses
28.85% Electronics and Car parts
23.90% Apparel
28.85% Shoes
28.85% Kitchen, Dining
28.85% Artificial Jewelry

Try social sourcing ;)
Whr is your friend in US? Try to locate someone coming from US ask your friend to send that package to that carriers address.
I think motherboard is not big box so some people will oblige..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back