How to make 3D SBS movies

I keep the led lights of ups and cpu covered and the display switched off. For automatic startup I use timer function in bios and task scheduler to dial the modem. Now no need to reboot the modem if you use always on mode at 2am and 8am because bsnl now accounts the data usage accurately.

Avisynth is merely a scripting tool..it can show u the video output in run time environment depending on the setting of script..if u want ur encode to be high quality with flexible x.264 encoder setting u need to use megui for this purpose..it is the best of all mkv makers available now.

Can u plz share some of ur home rendered 3d videos?
Yes, i mayb the less knowledgeable here & technology can do many amazing things, always pushing the boundaries, including rendering artificial 3d from 2d source,but IMHO,hardly can u replace the original with the artificial ! Many hollywood studio rendered 3d movies have far less the wow factor/or rather have crap 3d compared to movies like Avatar or the the Best Wow 3d IMAX Documeentaries, natively shot in 3d stereo cameras .Even OLD Indian 3d movies like "Chota Chetan" & "Shiva ka Insaaf" shot natvely in 3d stereo camera had some great wow 3d popout effect, & can give a run for the money compared to some rendered 3d movies today which may put u to sleep or give a headache ,putting holes in ur pocket with their bluff game!

Artificial home rendered 3d 'may' be made with high end rigs & work in ur 3d tv too, but getting puresome amazing pop out 3d WOW effects from them would be the Big question !

btw,.if u know, where & how to look, U can get Great 3d sbs videos/movies ripped from Original 3D Br-Ray disc available on the internet ! Anyway,3d sbs is at best still a compromise.

First SBS 3D is not "artificial" 3D per se! .... its just another way to get the effect, just like Anaglyph or Sequential. One can argue about the level of depth in all the formats but its proper 3D. Infact SBS is the best available format after sequential, and saying that you dont get the amazing pop up wow 3d effect (or what ever) means that either you have not actually seen how 2D converted SBS works or .... well you haven't seen it ....!!

And you dont rip! an SBS 3d from original 3D BD as such, you convert, infact you dont need to, if you have a 3D TV, all you need to is rip it in its original sequential format and play. The only reason you "convert" from an original 3D BD is coz of lesser size and greater compatibility.

Coming to my home rendered 3D movies, I have non saved, why.. as I already said I dont even own a 3D TV. But yes as an experiment I have converted quite a couple of 2D movies to 3D and have run them in tandem with original 3D BD at my friends place. Is there a difference, you bet yes, but not in the depth and wow factor as much as in the color/contrast/brightness/sharpness (which BTW can be adjusted in TVs like LG LW series). If one has actually done all these experiments, he would know, what I am talking about.

Last edited:
I keep the led lights of ups and cpu covered and the display switched off. For automatic startup I use timer function in bios and task scheduler to dial the modem. Now no need to reboot the modem if you use always on mode at 2am and 8am because bsnl now accounts the data usage accurately.

Thanks. But that was long time ago, now i have unlimited.

First SBS 3D is not "artificial" 3D per se! .... its just another way to get the effect, just like Anaglyph or Sequential. One can argue about the level of depth in all the formats but its proper 3D. Infact SBS is the best available format after sequential, and saying that you dont get the amazing pop up wow 3d effect (or what ever) means that either you have not actually seen how 2D converted SBS works or .... well you haven't seen it ....!!

And you dont rip! an SBS 3d from original 3D BD as such, you convert, infact you dont need to, if you have a 3D TV, all you need to is rip it in its original sequential format and play. The only reason you "convert" from an original 3D BD is coz of lesser size and greater compatibility.

Coming to my home rendered 3D movies, I have non saved, why.. as I already said I dont even own a 3D TV. But yes as an experiment I have converted quite a couple of 2D movies to 3D and have run them in tandem with original 3D BD at my friends place. Is there a difference, you bet yes, but not in the depth and wow factor as much as in the color/contrast/brightness/sharpness (which BTW can be adjusted in TVs like LG LW series). If one has actually done all these experiments, he would know, what I am talking about.

I don't know where in the world you found i said Original "3d sbs" ripped from Original 3D source like a 3D BR disc is "artificial 3d" ,when in actuality,it is the best thing after the Original 3d BR content(it's however still a compromise from the 3d BR Disc quality,played from a BR player) ? What I said was "Home rendered" artificial 3d made from original 2d source would be crap(atleast from 3d pop-out WoW point),...when Hollywood in general ,with all their technical wizardry fails to impress me with their Artificial converted 3d (NOT shot natively with 3d stereo cameras)(here i'm speaking Not just 3d sbs but even 3d in movie theatres), i don't think i need to look at the other artificial stuff for my convincing. Btw, for the info, i have a Samsung FHD 3d Tv, & lot of High quality 3d sbs videos & i generally know what kind of 3d i'm looking into !

Last edited:
Contrary to almost every post on this thread, I presume less people know that the almost 80% of SBS 3D format movies floating on internet for downloads is converted from 2D Blurays. So its absolutely wrong to say that 3D SBS can be ripped from 3D blu rays only. Any 2D movie can be converted to 3D SBS format to be enjoyed on any 3D TV or 120Hz 3D Monitor with regular polarized glasses, so its not a hoax and the information is not flawed.

Now the question is how. Two straight ways to do it. the hard way, by using predefined scripts and editing application like Virtual Dub or by few already existing softwares in the market that does the same job.

I have done the hard way, even though I do not own a 3D TV .. :D, but its just me ..... to have my hand in experiments to almost everything that deals with Audio/Video.

So ok back to how to do it. I would not be describing the entire procedure here, but will point you in the right direction (and probably will prepare a proper guide as to how to do to, in a similar fashion, that I have explained how to backup BD in mkvs in my sig) ....... anyway,what you need is a programm called AviSynth, its free so download via the link I have provided.

Once you download it and install it dont bother to run it ... AviSynth acts as a codec, allowing media viewers/players to understand AviSynth scripts, in the form of AVS files.

Now its time to get the script that does the magic work. Its free again download it from below ..

https://rapidshare.com/files/1255352667/rename_to_movie.avs

curtsey ...... Anton Belev (also know as Bloody)

Open the script in notepad and edit line ..

video2d = DirectShowSource("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi")

change the ("Avatar_Trailer_HD.avi") to the name of your movie that you wanna convert. Save the movie file in .avs extension in the same location as is your movie file.

that's it open your media player like windows media player, open the .avs file (not avi) and you should see the movie playing in SBS 3D format. All you need is compatible monitor (120hz) and 3D glasses.

Now remember this is run time conversion, so you need a decent PC to play the movie. Also since this is run time conversion you have not yet saved the file (so that you can play it on your TV as well)

For that you need an application called Virtual Dub ..... how to save the file is something I will let you all figure out (Googlesssssss) ...... or may be as I said I will include it in a complete Guide I will prepare for the same ... until enjoy run-time SBS 3D. :)

hey Thanks for ur help tried ur way but my Monitor is just 60Hz :( :( can u tell me about any video converters, so can convert those movies.

I hav tried ImToo Video Converter n DVDFab but sumtym when i convert frm Imtoo its not readable by tv n DVDfab gives sum Nvidia Cuda error which is totally ****** me!!:mad:

I don't know where in the world you found i said Original "3d sbs" ripped from Original 3D source like a 3D BR disc is "artificial 3d" ,when in actuality,it is the best thing after the Original 3d BR content(it's however still a compromise from the 3d BR Disc quality,played from a BR player) ? What I said was "Home rendered" artificial 3d made from original 2d source would be crap(atleast from 3d pop-out WoW point),...when Hollywood in general ,with all their technical wizardry fails to impress me with their Artificial converted 3d (NOT shot natively with 3d stereo cameras)(here i'm speaking Not just 3d sbs but even 3d in movie theatres), i don't think i need to look at the other artificial stuff for my convincing. Btw, for the info, i have a Samsung FHD 3d Tv, & lot of High quality 3d sbs videos & i generally know what kind of 3d i'm looking into !

I dont want to argue here,, I know what I know, and people who read my posts also know/believe what I suggest. You are entitles to your opinion here. BTW the "lot of high quality 3D SBS movies" you are talking about, quite a few would be "home rendered" SBS movies from original 2D BDs ... :)

Last edited:
hey Thanks for ur help tried ur way but my Monitor is just 60Hz :( :( can u tell me about any video converters, so can convert those movies.

I hav tried ImToo Video Converter n DVDFab but sumtym when i convert frm Imtoo its not readable by tv n DVDfab gives sum Nvidia Cuda error which is totally ****** me!!:mad:

The reason I suggested a 3D 120Hz mainitor was if at all one need to view the 3D movie on the monitor itself. Did you try to convert the movie on run time. If you were able to and ur movie was running the video side by side, all you need to do is to save the movie using Virtual Dub (google it) and then run the same file on your TV.

But for you I'd still suggest DVDFab. Its one of the best 2D => SBS 3D conversion application out there. If you can post the exact error I might be able to suggest what is going wrong. Which GPU do you have.
Here check out this link might help ....

SBS 3D Video Converter: Convert 2D Video to SBS 3D Video

I dont want to argue here,, I know what I know, and people who read my posts also know/believe what I suggest. You are entitles to your opinion here. BTW the "lot of high quality 3D SBS movies" you are talking about, quite a few would be "home rendered" SBS movies from original 2D BDs ... :)

We are not dumb enough to not know the difference between real 3d sbs and home rendered 3d sbs(the difference is huge and easily recognizable). Most of us read all comments of the torrent before downloading where if it is fake people would have commented and also there are specific rippers who upload original content and we download from them.

Also fyi there are not too many home rendered torrents out there which are healthy because people do not seed them !!!

errr ... who said anything about being Dump ..??? u kinda proving it yourself by putting these comments and statements like "real 3D SBS and Home rendered SBS ...lol" ... Apparently making it evident how much you know ....anyway...... as I said everyones entitles to his opinion ..... so lets leave it that way ....

errr ... who said anything about being Dump ..??? u kinda proving it yourself by putting these comments and statements like "real 3D SBS and Home rendered SBS ...lol" ... Apparently making it evident how much you know ....anyway...... as I said everyones entitles to his opinion ..... so lets leave it that way ....

By "real 3d sbs" i meant 3d sbs files created by ripping from original 3d blurays which most people understand and probably you dont !!!

Also home rendered 3d sbs means home rendered 2d-3d files which are encoded into sbs which also probably you dont understand !!!

Last edited:
^^ hehehe .. I cant believe you still sticking to your logic and even explaining me in point blank words ..... lolzzz ..... sorry .. I apologize ... I take every word I said back, I am wrong, I admit .... .......lets end this .... enjoy whatever 3d we have at our disposal ...... is that okie .....

Last edited:
This one is OT but, which format of 3D do Samsung 3D LED TC's support?

I saw the types are SBS, HSBS(most Common) and OU.

Please let me know soon as do not know which one to get through AHEM sources.

All current gen 3D TVs support all kind of 3D formats ....and which format is OU ..??

yes i did tried using that script but it didnt worked might be i doin something wrong :sad:

I did tried using DVDfab n i get dis error "The nVidia graphics driver (CUDA) causes a crash problem, please update it to the latest version"

I have already installed the latest version!!

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 19
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back