How to play DTS WAV files

saketb

I'm trying to play DTS wav files from my computer to my onkyo receiver but get only white noise. I have configured the AC3filter as well as ffdShow audio decoder but no positive result.

I request the forum members to help me with this.

Thanks.

I'm trying to play DTS wav files from my computer to my onkyo receiver but get only white noise. I have configured the AC3filter as well as ffdShow audio decoder but no positive result.

I request the forum members to help me with this.

Thanks.

Which software player are you using? I know VLC with AC3 filter can play this or you can try kmplayer.

I tried with almost all players like MPC-HC, VLC, Windows Media Player, etc but nothing but white noise.

I have to try KM player. Shall try and post back.

Thanks.

Just downloaded KM Player, again the same white noise.
Am I missing something here???
Any setup to be done???

Please help...

How are you connecting the pc to your receiver? Digital or analog? Can you hear sound through the pc speakers?

Hi baijuxavior,

I'm connecting my PC thru HDMI to the onkyo receiver. The movies with dd5.1, dts, ddtrueHD, DTS-MA all plays well and the receiver displays them correctly.

Only problem I am facing is in with DTSWAV files. This does not play... Only white noise even with the pc speakers.

Any help....

Do I need to fix optical cable to my receiver or HDMI should be fine. I even tried the DTS plugin in foobar but in vain.

Does it play with onboard Soundcard?Then you can see in sound output option of foobar,you should see HDMI out,you need to select it.I get output from coaxial easily.Dont forget to turn HDMI sound on in windows with proper driver.

See above blue line,you should get similar.

Does it play with onboard Soundcard?Then you can see in sound output option of foobar,you should see HDMI out,you need to select it.I get output from coaxial easily.Dont forget to turn HDMI sound on in windows with proper driver.

See above blue line,you should get similar.

Thanks a lot spirovious... It finally worked with foobar2000 with settings as mentioned by you.

Now, can I get the same thing with Media Player Classic, the wasapi plugin or an exclusive mode for it??? As, I use MPC-HC most of the time for music as well as movies.

Foobar is better than MPC.Still you can try Reclock.I am using ffd show + Arc THT2 dts decoder.
With that you can output wasapi output.ffd can decode both DD + Dts sound.

You can see in picture-

I have selected wasapi for D2X,you can set as HDMI out in either MPC OR Reclock setting.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back